Elite grapplers with a great chin.

dan hendo

Despite his Olymic credentials, I don't consider Hendo an elite MMA grappler...though he did resort to LnP once or twice to win fights (Rich Franklin fight especially).

I'll add Chael to the list. He wasn't finished by strikes until the 2nd Anderson fight. He was TKO'd via GnP a couple of other times by bigger wrestlers (Jones, Rashad), but he's never been one-punch KO'd. He survived Anderson's striking (first fight) along with Rampage, Nate Marquadt, Bisping and others. His submission defense is a different story, though it got considerably better (only one submission loss since first Andersson fight).

Shields? You gotta be kidding me.
Maia and Werdum are just decent but not even close to a granite chin.
Minotauro is not current but yeah he had a good chin but not sure if he ever got hit like Cain hit him so hard to tell if it did deteriorated or not.

Your noob is showing. Werdum has an excellent chin as does Shields. Watch the Shields/Henderson fight.

Minotauro, Werdum (although their chins deteriorated with age), also Jake Shields. One may be tempted to add Maia and Khabib to the list although it's hard to say because they have good defense on the feet and haven't really absorbed many strikes.
Maia's chin isn't amazing imo

Shields? You gotta be kidding me.
Maia and Werdum are just decent but not even close to a granite chin.
Minotauro is not current but yeah he had a good chin but not sure if he ever got hit like Cain hit him so hard to tell if it did deteriorated or not.

You are a noob lol. Nog was hit with a prime CC LHK and wasn't finished.

Back