Elite grapplers with a great chin.

Big Nog is the GOAT in that aspect... i don't think anyone took more damage and still won most of his fights than he did.

Not current fighter, i know, but he is without a doubt the best example.
Nog is best example. No one comes close

Saku was tough but he didn't last like nog did

wand arona fault

Brock.

Doesn't like to get hit but his chin is pretty solid.
Good call but he's not current.
No. Because just because you stay conscious does not mean that when you fly into this you are scary.

giphy.gif

Shields? You gotta be kidding me.
Maia and Werdum are just decent but not even close to a granite chin.
Minotauro is not current but yeah he had a good chin but not sure if he ever got hit like Cain hit him so hard to tell if it did deteriorated or not.
Yes Shields.

2ik8tvb.jpg

dyrjls_jpg.gif

Minotauro is not current but yeah he had a good chin but not sure if he ever got hit like Cain hit him so hard to tell if it did deteriorated or not.
I don't know, man. He did take an h-bomb.

Henderson-vs-Shields.gif

Maybe the most scary kind of MMA fighter you can think of: An elite grappler with a granite chin.
Below are my top 5 (current) fighters. Let me know if you agree or not and why.

1. Khabib
2. Romero
3. Usman
4. Jacare
5. Ortega

While I don’t doubt Khabib has an excellent chin (one look at his melon confirms) I don’t think it’s been tested enough to top this list.

Werdum would have to be up there despite being finished by JDS and Stipe the guy is a 40 year old heavyweight.

Maia has only been finished once by strikes and has been in with some excellent strikers.

GSP should be in consideration as well, he’s fought nothing but elites and has only been finished by strikes once.

Shields is very tough as well.

Jacare got stopped in his first pro fight.

Not really sure about Shields; he hasn't been KOed much though. Pride Nog's chin was fucking legendary - it was almost impossible to finish him. He ate a LHK from Cro Cop and didn't even fall down ffs - a follow-up straight left was needed to knock him down. Not to mention the G&P from Fedor, Sapp and the bonus piledriver from Sapp...
Obviously the left high kick didn’t land in the right spot or it would’ve put him down. You can’t justify somebody’s chin just by using a type of strike they survived. Obviously all strikes land differently in different spots with different power and velocity.

but not sure if he ever got hit like Cain hit him so hard to tell if it did deteriorated or not.

Wait what? Are you for real? Please watch some Nog pride fights and tell me he never got hit as hard as Cain hit him.

We don't know about Usman's chin yet,the only time he's been hit it was by a thigh while diving in for a double.I'm like half joking.

shields took bombs from Hendo and still won.

Not really sure about Shields; he hasn't been KOed much though. Pride Nog's chin was fucking legendary - it was almost impossible to finish him. He ate a LHK from Cro Cop and didn't even fall down ffs - a follow-up straight left was needed to knock him down. Not to mention the G&P from Fedor, Sapp and the bonus piledriver from Sapp...
shields vs Hendo h-bomb.

Big Nog in his Prime had a chin for the ages. It's totally gone now, but back in the day nothing could stop him.

Most of you will want to kill me for saying this but...... Is Big Nog an elite grappler? I know he's a black belt, great reputation, lots of subs, and he has a good BJJ schools yet why would be wrong to call him a great MMA grappler but not an elite one? He doesn't have legitimate BJJ credentials like Maia or Jacare

Relative to the time he was competing in his Prime, he was.

1. Jones
2. DC
3. Miocic

Back