Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind

Don Quixote

Heart of a Lion
@Black
Reaction score
I'm just curious, are they even going to come out with an edition of Morrowind for the newer generation of consoles like PS4? I know about elder scrolls online, but I'm talking about the original Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (with Mods of course). If I had a gaming computer I'd buy it, but I don't.

If I had a gaming computer I'd buy it, but I don't.
It's a fifteen year-old game; you don't need a gaming computer. You could probably get it going on your phone.

I'm just curious, are they even going to come out with an edition of Morrowind for the newer generation of consoles like PS4? I know about elder scrolls online, but I'm talking about the original Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (with Mods of course). If I had a gaming computer I'd buy it, but I don't.
If it comes out on consoles it wouldn't have mods. That doesn't make sense. Consoles don't do mods.

Bethesda hasn't announced anything about a Morrowind remaster that I've seen. They would tune it and give it a graphics overhaul that the new systems are capable of handling. That would be your "mod", so to speak. That's it. Its gaming demands are so modest that you could run it on just about any laptop or office PC these days running in compatibility mode (it was made for Windows 2000 as the latest iteration of the OS). It's $15 on Steam:
http://store.steampowered.com/app/22320/The_Elder_Scrolls_III_Morrowind_Game_of_the_Year_Edition/
System Requirements
  • Processor: 500 MHz Intel Pentium III, Celeron, or AMD Athlon
  • Memory: 256 MB
  • Graphics: 32MB Direct3D Compatible video card with 32-bit color support and DirectX 8.1
  • DirectX®: 8.1
  • Hard Drive: 1GB free hard disk space
  • Sound: DirectX 8.1 compatible sound card
*Edit*
BTW, even with a pitiful 2GB of system RAM installed the Intel HD Graphics in the entry desktop Sandy Bridge Celeron G530 from 2011 will have ~8x memory overhead vs. that 32MB required: the same multiplier that 2GB would yield over the system RAM requirement, itself. It's a 2.4GHz dual core CPU, so the processor demand is also a breeze.

For emphasis: that's the weakest desktop processor in Intel's catalog from 6 years ago.

Last edited:
I'd give my first born son for a HD remaster of Morrowind on PS4/XB1, as long as it was the PC version and not the gimped Xbox version. Not gonna happen though, Bethesda are too invested in ESO.

I'd settle for the OG Xbox version to come to backwards compatibility on the XB1 with hopefully some improvements to performance.

Would buy instantly. Never got to play Morrowind and unless they remaster it I probably never will.

If it comes out on consoles it wouldn't have mods. That doesn't make sense. Consoles don't do mods.

You can mod Fallout 4 and Skyrim on console. Not as much as the PC versions of course, but still.

Skywind, if it ever sees the light of day, will be a Morrowind mod for Skyrim.

Wait wat?

There are mods on Xbox One for the Skyrim remaster and there are mods for Fallout 4 on Xbox as well. Granted they were all coded for PC first.. but they translated them for the console after the fact. Also, PS4 got shafted on the Fallout 4 ones even though they claimed this was going to be a thing.

You can mod Fallout 4 and Skyrim on console. Not as much as the PC versions of course, but still.
Wait wat?

There are mods on Xbox One for the Skyrim remaster and there are mods for Fallout 4 on Xbox as well. Granted they were all coded for PC first.. but they translated them for the console after the fact. Also, PS4 got shafted on the Fallout 4 ones even though they claimed this was going to be a thing.
My bad.

I'm sorry, I played a bit of Skyrim on the Xbox 360, but I don't recall there being modding options at the time. Now that you mention it I recall some headline being posted about them adding modding to the consoles in one of the general threads, but my primary time with Skyrim was on PC, so if I did see it: it slipped my memory.

Morrowind is the reason i became a PC gamer. Played it on the Xbox for about a year and after salivating over the epic mods i took the plunge and got a better PC just to play it.

Didn't need much. The PC i got was about £300 at the time and a suitable graphics card was about £40.

I played Morrowind with the Morrowind Sound And Graphics Overhaul (think that's what it's called) and the game looked good. It's a older game and you can tell but I honestly expected the game to be alot less. I played it after Oblivion & Skyrim and it was way above what I expected.

Back