Elbows

You use them like any strike in controlled environment
If I throw a elbow like I throw a punch, even in sparring they would at least get a bump on their head though. How do you throw an elbow in sparring? I really don't know.

If I throw a elbow like I throw a punch, even in sparring they would at least get a bump on their head though. How do you throw an elbow in sparring? I really don't know.
We both wear pads

throw it like a right hand. Only time I got stung was being on the bottom, reaching up and my mate threw and elbow at the same time, my nose got smashed then. For the most part its fine, in the clinch is more like jabs even though they're intended as power shots

You cool it before and don't put all your weight in, unless you're part of bang cult in bang city

How do you use them in sparring? Headgear? Elbow pads? Stopping before you hit? Or just going to the body?
<{vega}>

We wear headgear and im like one of three guys that wears elbow pads but you have to have padding if you want to throw them. i try to go lightly with them unless someone is being a douche. mostly use them in the clinch though i have had success with standing ones

Can you share these secret elbow to the body techniques you speak of?

We both wear pads

throw it like a right hand. Only time I got stung was being on the bottom, reaching up and my mate threw and elbow at the same time, my nose got smashed then. For the most part its fine, in the clinch is more like jabs even though they're intended as power shots

You cool it before and don't put all your weight in, unless you're part of bang cult in bang city
Hell yeah I'm from bang city.
:meow:
What kind pads, head gear type stuff?

We wear headgear and im like one of three guys that wears elbow pads but you have to have padding if you want to throw them. i try to go lightly with them unless someone is being a douche. mostly use them in the clinch though i have had success with standing ones

Jones did one IIRC. I don't really recommend it though, unless you're fighting mini manlets

Hell yeah I'm from bang city.
:meow:
What kind pads, head gear type stuff?

Elbow pads
81GJ1xqSemL._SY355_.jpg

I don't wear headgear, as do most of the peeps I train with. If I'm sparring elbows with a newer guy who's cool with it, we're both on the same page.

i have used it a few times a few differetn fights. but it didnt land clean so it wasnt effective, not saying its not effective, just that when i did it, it wasnt. more practice.

I was surprised but i was able to practice them in the morning then in PM class i actually hit my coach with it. i find it a lot easier from the clinch then standing, like from a frame.

Helps me to think of it kind of like a chicken wing but hitting with the tip of the elbow

I was surprised but i was able to practice them in the morning then in PM class i actually hit my coach with it. i find it a lot easier from the clinch then standing, like from a frame.

Helps me to think of it kind of like a chicken wing but hitting with the tip of the elbow

thats pretty much what it is, i think the times i tried it, i was just too crammed, needed a bit more space to generate enough power to make them effective. of course its always harder to do things in a fight but im happy i was at least comfortable enough with them to use them in a fight.

Ah cool, what is the brand of elbow pads? I don't really throw elbows in sparring but alot of times they're kinda just open to a lead up elbow to the solar plexus.

thats pretty much what it is, i think the times i tried it, i was just too crammed, needed a bit more space to generate enough power to make them effective. of course its always harder to do things in a fight but im happy i was at least comfortable enough with them to use them in a fight.

<{danawhoah}>Holy shit. First time iv like viscerally reacted to a ko so much in my life

Ah cool, what is the brand of elbow pads? I don't really throw elbows in sparring but alot of times they're kinda just open to a lead up elbow to the solar plexus.
Combat sports IMF tech they're semi hard though and i had to cut them because they would cut off my circulation. im working them in though

Combat sports IMF tech they're semi hard though and i had to cut them because they would cut off my circulation. im working them in though

nationmans are pretty good, and all the other brands that are built the same, venum, fairtex, etc.

Back