Eight months later: Sabas TC 16oz.

How often did you use them? If you used them five times a week on a really hard bag then maybe no other glove would have lasted longer?
This is what I was thinking except the padding went out earlier. Probably about three months in. I mentioned this in earlier threads on this forum. Also, I use an Outslayer bag which is not really hard and an Aqua Training Bag, which is also not terribly hard.

I bought the TCs specifically for the more durable padding.

Thank you for posting, all users are different of course. But yes for this particular glove design and others in the early part of the year, the padding was not as durable as what the ProSeries is today, any glove online today is better than older models, we have worked hard to improve the product as we go along, new gloves both have better padding and better liners, yet price remains the same. thank you for everyone's feedback -TeamSABAS
Thanks for this. I will definitely try the newer model sometime soon and post an update once I do.

Thanks for this. I will definitely try the newer model sometime soon and post an update once I do.

I just realized on my email receipt from January 2016, my TCs are labeled "Sabas Original TC". What does yours say?

I guess I never had the actual ProSeries that exists today lol. I think they replaced the Original series around March?

I just realized on my email receipt from January 2016, my TCs are labeled "Sabas Original TC". What does yours say?

I guess I never had the actual ProSeries that exists today lol. I think they replaced the Original series around March?
Just says 16oz. TC. Got them in late February. I've been told that they updated shortly afterwards. They were definitely not the ProSeries.

How is the padding on your pair holding up? Any significant dents?

Just says 16oz. TC. Got them in late February. I've been told that they updated shortly afterwards. They were definitely not the ProSeries.

How is the padding on your pair holding up? Any significant dents?

Ah I see. Looks like we both must still experience the ProSeries lol. But with the Prime series coming any time now, I might wait.

Mine are holding up well but I have been using the SuperSoft 2.0 much more. Theres just a very minor dent (I probably wouldn't even call it a dent since it is very hard to notice. Maybe just the leather showing wear) in the right index and middle knuckle area. I probably only have a months worth of use in them but I weight 245lbs and use a 120lbs denser heavybag than the Outlslayer (Everlast Superleather). So I probably put more wear than most would.

Any interest in purchasing my pair?

Last edited:
Ah I see. Looks like we both must still experience the ProSeries lol. But with the Prime series coming any time now, I might wait.

Mine are holding up well but I have been using the SuperSoft 2.0 much more. So I probably only have a months worth of use in them.
Nice. What do you use the supersofts for, if I may ask?

I just bought a pair of Winnings from another Sherdogger so I'm thinking of using my SS for the bag.

Nice. What do you use the supersofts for, if I may ask?

I just bought a pair of Winnings from another Sherdogger so I'm thinking of using my SS for the bag.

The bag and mitts. I just prefer more protection based gloves. So I put aside my TC a long time ago. I'm still waiting on my 12oz RT41.

Winnings are amazing no doubt.

The bag and mitts. I just prefer more protection based gloves. So I put aside my TC a long time ago. I'm still waiting on my 12oz RT41.

Winnings are amazing no doubt.
Sweet.

I went a few rounds with my SS yesterday. Today I used my TCs again. I still prefer the latter even though they have virtually no knuckle padding. They are what I imagine what fight gloves would feel like on the bag. I may just keep at it until the leather breaks... or I may just use the SS.

I got in touch with UMA today. I think the hand compartment for the 12oz. would be too small for me. Idk.

Sweet.

I went a few rounds with my SS yesterday. Today I used my TCs again. I still prefer the latter even though they have virtually no knuckle padding. They are what I imagine what fight gloves would feel like on the bag. I may just keep at it until the leather breaks... or I may just use the SS.

I got in touch with UMA today. I think the hand compartment for the 12oz. would be too small for me. Idk.

Lol yeah most fight gloves (especially mexican ones like Everlast MX and Reyes) would probably feel like that. I tried Reyes pro fight on the bag before and almost injured my hands. The only exception I can confirm would be Winning pro fight gloves which I still use for bagwork but only on WarmUp and CoolDown rounds. I have abused them so much since 2013 and being a heavyweight, I am still shocked that they are still more than functionable.

You really like the Sabas TC I see. Any interest in purchasing my 16oz black/white laceup TCs if in the U.S.?

This way I will definitely purchase a pair of thr ProSeries soon and compare from my limited experience with TC original.

Last edited:
Lol yeah most fight gloves (especially mexican ones like Everlast MX and Reyes) would probably feel like that. The only exception I can confirm would be Winning pro fight gloves which I still use for bagwork but only on WarmUp and CoolDown rounds. I have abused them so much since 2013 and being a heavyweight, I am still shocked that they are still more than functionable.

You really like the Sabas TC I see. Any interest in purchasing my 16oz black/white laceup TCs if in the U.S.?

This way I will definitely purchase a pair of thr ProSeries soon and compare from my limited experience with TC original.
Hmm, depends on the price. I don't have much to spend on equipment right now because I just got the Winning gear. I'll send you a PM.

The new ProSeries just have slighty softer padding. Its not a huge difference from my understanding the ProSeries ive reviewed are both the original style.

There are also new SuperSoft gloves, the white black and red ones i think. If i recall they're 2 layer paddind and its softer than the SS V2 i reveiwed.

The new ProSeries just have slighty softer padding. Its not a huge difference from my understanding the ProSeries ive reviewed are both the original style.

There are also new SuperSoft gloves, the white black and red ones i think. If i recall they're 2 layer paddind and its softer than the SS V2 i reveiwed.
Hmm, interesting. I have the SS2.0 that I bought in May. I don't know where those would fit in. The padding on my SS seem like they'd be more durable than my TCs.

Hmm, interesting. I have the SS2.0 that I bought in May. I don't know where those would fit in. The padding on my SS seem like they'd be more durable than my TCs.

All this recent talk of balancing protection, durability and "feeling your punches" has got me curious.

So I have been in contacy with Top Boxer for a custom 16oz padding that protects great and also delivers durability and a slight feel to punches.

This is the 4 layer padding system we are currently thinking about:

Outer to inner:

1. Hard latex
2. EVA (or GEL)
3. Composite foam (similar but not exactly like Winning's middle and outer layers) medium/soft.
4. EVA.

I have the option of replacing the 4th layer with soft Orthopedic foam but I have not decided yet.

I intend to use these for bag and mitts. And if they turn out good in the long run, I may think about a sparring version with a simple tweak of layer 1 being either soft latex or some kind of soft polyurethane foam or composite foam. Depending what Top Boxer suggests.

All this recent talk of balancing durability and "feeling your punches" has got me curious.

So I have been in contacy with Top Boxer for a custom 16oz padding that protects great and also delivers durability and a slight feel to punches.

This is the 4 layer padding system we are currently thinking about:

Outer to inner:

1. Hard latex
2. EVA (or GEL)
3. Composite foam (similar but not exactly like Winning's middle and outer layers)
4. EVA.

I have the option of replacing the 4th layer with soft Orthopedic foam but I have not decided yet.
See, if I knew more about this crap, I'd order some custom gloves of my own. As things stand, I'm completely ignorant.

Is there a post somewhere that goes into the characteristics of these different types of padding/what kind of a feel their combination/order results in?

So far, it seems that the sort of gloves I like have dense but flexible padding that is not terribly thick. I think it's usually latex, but I don't know.

See, if I knew more about this crap, I'd order some custom gloves of my own. As things stand, I'm completely ignorant.

Is there a post somewhere that goes into the characteristics of these different types of padding/what kind of a feel their combination/order results in?

So far, it seems that the sort of gloves I like have dense but flexible padding that is not terribly thick. I think it's usually latex, but I don't know.

There have been posts here and there but nothing too descriptive. Most of what I am talking about comes from email discussions with the companies. I usually start with just asking for specifics on this manner.

I don't know too much but I just take what they have or recommend, then ask if my own minor tweaks would be doable. It is more of a personal experiment thing. So it's probably best to keep modificiations from being too vast.

Hi hangulmalmotayo, I'm curious if Sabas ever contacted you in regard with the padding in your gloves?

Hola @Noodles03,

I actually contacted them to inquire about it. They offered 10% off and handwraps on my next order. My main concern is whether the same thing might not occur with the new model. They told me the padding is better, but not much more than that. I don't know if they have had many complaints regarding the padding on the original TC, though.

I've actually asked several times for more info on the durability of the new padding but, understandably, they seem reluctant to make any promises.

Hola @Noodles03,

I actually contacted them to inquire about it. They offered 10% off and handwraps on my next order. My main concern is whether the same thing might not occur with the new model. They told me the padding is better, but not much more than that. I don't know if they have had many complaints regarding the padding on the original TC, though.

I've actually asked several times for more info on the durability of the new padding but, understandably, they seem reluctant to make any promises.

Its hard for a company to promise anything because they have no idea how the buyer is gonna care for their gloves. my two Sabas gloves have the same padding as yours and theyre still almost brand new.

Im not saying you didnt tske care of yours im just saying you cant expect them to say something like, "life time guarantee, indestructible," because then theyll have people destroying their gloves to get discounts and just take advantage of the brand completely.

Even giant, well known goliath brands like Winning have people complaining that their gloves lasted shorter than, "expected," and the padding is awful. But Winning isnt about to bend over for them.

Does that make sense man? companies have to watch out for themseleves especially smaller ones like Sabas.

Its hard for a company to promise anything because they have no idea how the buyer is gonna care for their gloves. my two Sabas gloves have the same padding as yours and theyre still almost brand new.

Im not saying you didnt tske care of yours im just saying you cant expect them to say something like, "life time guarantee, indestructible," because then theyll have people destroying their gloves to get discounts and just take advantage of the brand completely.

Even giant, well known goliath brands like Winning have people complaining that their gloves lasted shorter than, "expected," and the padding is awful. But Winning isnt about to bend over for them.

Does that make sense man? companies have to watch out for themseleves especially smaller ones like Sabas.
Right. That's why I added 'understandably' as well as the caveat regarding the amount of complaints about the knuckle padding issues with the TCs.

I don't think I was smearing them in any way in responding to the question.

Hola @Noodles03,

I think that was kind of cool that Sabas was willing to give you a small discount on their hand wraps.

Back