Egypt's 1st female Culture Minister refuses to be cowed by Salafists.

MicroBrew

Plutonium Belt
@plutonium
Reaction score
http://www.thearabweekly.com/Cover-...ture-minister-unbowed-by-Salafists'-hostility

Egypt just witnessed the appointment of its 1st female Culture Minister. Salafists are opposing her, because they are opposed to women in leadership positions, though they also claim she isn't qualified. The lady says she refuses to be cowed by the Salafists.

Salafism should be put in the same boat as Nazism, Fascism,Totalitarianism etc..
#ThankSaudiArabiaForSalafism

Egypt’s Salafist movements have millions of followers. In addition to opposing women taking positions of leadership, Salafists are opposed to the presence of non-Muslims in leadership posts. In 2012, Salafists staged mass protests against the appointment of a Christian as governor of the southern province of Luxor.

Sisi did not persecute Salafists like he did Muslim Brotherhood members. The Salafist Al Noor party, which opposed the Brotherhood, went along with Sisi's purge of the MB.

I'm so out of it with the different groups in that region... is this a net positive or a net negative?

I'm so out of it with the different groups in that region... is this a net positive or a net negative?
Salafism (aka Wahhabism) = shithole uber alles
So yeah it is a positive.

My first thought was to crack wise and ask if we should take up a fundraiser to help with her funeral costs.

Instead I'll ask if there's anything non-Egyptians could do to help her? Not like I'm going to pack my bags and head over there, but still.

Salafists are the evangelicals of the middle east. Pure trash.

Salafists are the evangelicals of the middle east. Pure trash.

Yeah it's terrible how Christian extremists commit those 450 suicide bombings a year.

At what point is it ok to call a country a shithole?

Egyptian culture certainly hasn't been restored to previous heights by the fundamentalist Muslim battalions. If anything they provide a very opposite effect, by bulldozing anything that resembles culture.

Yeah it's terrible how Christian extremists commit those 450 suicide bombings a year.

Yeah...450 suicide bombings a year don't compare to dozens of thousands murdered in the Middle East over the last 20 years through napalm, terror bombing, drone strikes, etc.

Yeah...450 suicide bombings a year don't compare to dozens of thousands murdered in the Middle East over the last 20 years through napalm, terror bombing, drone strikes, etc.

This is a weird post.

The Dozens of thousands made me chuckle

This is a weird post.

The Dozens of thousands made me chuckle

Whats up with you dude? Murder isn't funny, especially when its done on such a massive scale. I'm sure you don't care when people other than Americans and Christians get massacred, but that doesn't make it amusing and chuckle-worthy.

But I was told Islam is our strength, by people on the left.

Propaganda and identity construction based on history, education, and the arts.

So, she gets to approve what National Geographic gets to write about ancient Egypt before they hit the presses?

My first thought was to crack wise and ask if we should take up a fundraiser to help with her funeral costs.

Instead I'll ask if there's anything non-Egyptians could do to help her? Not like I'm going to pack my bags and head over there, but still.
Why should anyone help the Sisi regime?
She will probably get Benazir Bhutto'ed
I doubt her position matters enough to attract an assassination.

Back