EFN/FNG 82 PBP: Vitaly Minakov v Tony Johnson Jr.

InfinityLens

Black Belt
@Black
Reaction score
753498af73ead26512d03d9adb071247.jpg

https://www.tapology.com/fightcenter/events/48681-fight-nights-global-82

Stream: http://tivix.co/92-boec-tv.html

Thanks @Feniamin

Note: A major WFCA card happens the same day, at the same time, and they both last streamed on the same channel. I honestly don't know which will have a stream.

Vitaly Minakov (20-0/#19 HW worldwide) (Former Bellator HW champ/Bellator tourney winner/multi time grappling champ) v TBA

Last edited:
Tony is actually one of the best guys he's fought in a long time.
To be fair, this fight should have happened in Bellator in 2015. Tony was coming off HW tournament winner in Alexander Volkov. Minakov was still ducking Bellator's HW division.

A lot less people care now that circumstances have changed (Johnson's recent loss to Kongo, Minakov being stripped).

To be fair, this fight should have happened in Bellator in 2015. Tony was coming off HW tournament winner in Alexander Volkov. Minakov was still ducking Bellator's HW division.

A lot less people care now that circumstances have changed (Johnson's recent loss to Kongo, Minakov being stripped).
Bellator's HW scene during the past few years has been frustrating and dissapointing.

Minakov is wasting his career... Any idea why he's not in Bellator or the ufc?

pretty simple. he is not in UFC because he has a contract with Bellator. but that contract sucks. according to him when he fought and beat Kongo Cheick made few times more money when him. they tried to negotiate with Coker to either terminate the contract or rase a salary multiple times but nothing worked out. so for now it's a dead end.

I've seen someone mentioned that they were negotiating but then this fake rumor popped up that Minakov is gonna sign with UFC or negotiating with them and Coker was like "we are not gonna raise your pursue and not gonna negotiate with you anymore". Also I've seen on Russian forums someone mentioned that Minakov and his manager in Russia said in interviews that they want Bellator to pay at least 100000 $ for a fight. From what I understand it's just a show up money. And I think Minakov said multiple times that if he becomes free agent he will sign with promotion who will offer better conditions and money. He said that he may stay with Bellator if they offer more money than UFC.

Bellator has been absolute shit for Russian fighters, besides Fedor.

They're holding his contract hostage, so he can neither compete there or anywhere else in North America. Hence, why he's competing in Russia now.

According to TV programme event starts in 1 hour amd 16 minutes.

I’ll be watching, i just have an 11am Kickboxing class that I hope don’t take too long, this should be a fun card.

Minakov needs to stop ducking legit opponents.

Tony is legit, noob. Also a different style opponent for Minokov who hasn’t fought many rasslers.

He beat that stretch Volkov who is running roughshod over the UFC right now and I’ve seen no reason to believe he wouldn’t do it again. He also sent Black Beast packing from the bright lights and crying to the UFCs dim, under produced, tailor made opponent embrace.

UFC shills wouldn’t hesitate to call those two Bellator rejects, sent packing by Tony, legit. So Tony is legit.

Last edited:
If anyone is interested, weigh-ins results for Minakov - 120 kilos, Johnson - 128 kilos.

Back