Effects Of Intense Weight Training On Central Nervous System

Discussion in 'Strength & Conditioning Discussion' started by Blackjack, May 19, 2017.

1. Blackjack Black Belt

Blackjack
    There are lots of articles and videos on he internet regarding this so could some of you more know,edge able people on the subject give me some links to some of the better videos or articles on this subject? Also, around when did this start becoming a major subject regarding weight training? I ask because I worked out with weights in the 80s and early 90s and nobody ever mentioned this phenomenon. Thank you.

2. Eli1015 Green Belt

Eli1015
    Not an expert lifter. All I know is. The CNS is primarily responsible for your strength output. Not the muscles. Muscles are an effect of lifting moderate weights for higher rep ranges 8-12 and eating more calories. Strength is more of low rep range but with heavy weight. Lifting heavy for low rep will strengthen your CNS.

3. miaou barely keeping it together

miaou
  4. Beijing Power Yellow Belt

Beijing Power
  5. MandirigmaFit Blue Belt

MandirigmaFit
    To an extent, especially for beginners. In well-trained athletes, your muscle size will be the determinant for strength gains.

mike sherry and MeatPlow like this.
  6. MrNN White Belt

MrNN
    Yep and that the nervous system take much longer than muscles to recover, couple of days a week atleast from what ive heard from bros at the academy

7. mike sherry Purple Belt

mike sherry
    isnt this disengenuous? obviously the cns sends the signals to the muscles to contract, the stronger the cns connection the more muscle fibers are able to fire at once, but the muscles are obviously involved

8. JauntyAngle International man of mystery

JauntyAngle
    If by CNS you mean the ability to recruit muscle fibres... it's quite a bit more complicated than that:

[​IMG]

But a simple way to think about it. Look at all the strongest guys in the world. They are all muscular as fuck. Muscle clearly matters a lot.

bad seed, Phlog, Sano and 3 others like this.