Edwin Barboza....2 inches from champ....Needs GSP as coach

Chuck

Brown Belt
Platinum Member
Reaction score
Edwin kicked Lee into one of the best stanky legs I've ever seen.
He threw the same kick on Khabib.....and it was close.
He took a beating from these monsters....imagine if they respected his wrestling or jujitsu.
He is so tough...fast...athletic..and has heart... inches away from sleeping Khabib and Lee.
This guy could have it all...he needs another dimension coached in.

The main problem is his horrible boxing. No one respects his hands, even Dariush was getting the better out of him until he got caught by that flying knee.

Nothing on the kick that hit Khabib

Guy is already in a good camp with good training partners and coaches

Edson is a dangerous guy but not elite and should have never been ranked in the top 5, fringe top 10 fighter at best.

Last edited:
The guy needs TDD if he ever wants to be a top contender... But is exciting and needs fighters that will Bang.

The main problem is his horrible boxing. No one respects his hands, even Dariush was getting the better out of him until he got caught by that flying knee.
Agreed...he could clean that up a little as well...( Cowboy Cerrone jab to choke)

Who the fuck is Edwin?

Been saying it forever, dude isn’t even a top 5 striker, let alone full mma.

The guy needs TDD if he ever wants to be a top contender... But is exciting and needs fighters that will Bang.
He needs the TDD for sure...but I'd like to see him surprise some guys with a take down attempt...land an elbow if successful..throw a flying knee if not.
Easy for me to say for sure haha

is that Edsons brother?

Nothing on the kick that hit Khabib

Guy is already is a good camp with good training partners and coaches

Edson is a dangerous guy but not elite and should have never been ranked in the top 5, fringe top 10 fighter at best.
I beg to differ on the kick to Khabib...it was close.
As far as fringe top ten, I doubt anybody ranked above him would really want to take Barboza on.

wreslting is one of those things you either are gonna be good at it or you're not.
GSP was a karate guy.....
I'm suggesting Barboza is as athletic..but needs to explode on people like GSP

His boxing could use some improvements, but his poor pummeling in the clinch and his poor TDD are why he can't win the big fights.

Everyone knows what his kryptonite is so unless he wants to be grapplefucked for the rest of his career he will need to fix this.

GSP was a karate guy.....
I'm suggesting Barboza is as athletic..but needs to explode on people like GSP
i know he was a karate guy? but when it comes to wrestling ya you can learn it but some people might just always be better than you at it. Barboza has the athetic ability maybe he can become better at it, but maybe he just doesnt have it in him.

With GSP as his coach, he can become the next Francis Carmont. They have a similar build.

611904-francais-francis-carmont-droite-affrontera.jpg

20140822032544_5D3_8426.JPG

He needed to be GSP. GSP did not let Hughes off the hook after a head kick. Or did not let Bisping off the hook. Even though he was not in his prime condition when he dropped Bisping.

He took too much of a beating. And didn’t have the conditioning or wherewithal to finish that fight.

Before the Khabib fight he had the highest TDD at LW with like 86%. That number has surely dropped.

He was suppose to be Khabib's worst match up. Wicked stand up with great TDD. Then they locked him in a cage with Khabib....

Last edited:
i know he was a karate guy? but when it comes to wrestling ya you can learn it but some people might just always be better than you at it. Barboza has the athetic ability maybe he can become better at it, but maybe he just doesnt have it in him.
He just might not have it in him.....
He's close where he is now...but he's had two losses in row at about an inch a piece.
One more threat is all I'm suggesting for Barboza.
He wouldn't even have to be very successful at it.....let it set up his weapons.

Edwin kicked Lee into one of the best stanky legs I've ever seen.
He threw the same kick on Khabib.....and it was close.
He took a beating from these monsters....imagine if they respected his wrestling or jujitsu.
He is so tough...fast...athletic..and has heart... inches away from sleeping Khabib and Lee.
This guy could have it all...he needs another dimension coached in.

Edward Anbola was great with the kick, but he was too damaged and dizzy to follow-up.

Back