Educated guesses... How much money do you think Conor.....???

Connor needs to win a fight to gain a bit of interest back...

100-billion.jpg

DAMN YOU, beat me to it

He had the shittiest job

Ah the old he has money therefore doesn't need to fight excuse. Conor ruined UFC

If you check my history, you'll see I am far from a fan of Conor.
But the fact he ruined or not the UFC has nothing to do with the topic at hand.

I recall on one of his fights (maybe it was the one in Dublin), he said that he was in to make money and get out.
You gotta admit he was true to his words.
If anything, blame the greedy owners for allowing him to do just that.

That's what negotiations are for.

Only in MMA do fans expect fighters to not negotiate their worth and accept shitty offers.

Over a year to negotiate a title defense... got it, thanks for your help.

I don't think we need to worry about how much money the UFC will pay him because he's not going to fight Tony. The only way he's coming back is against an easy opponent or Diaz.

think about this for a second:A few years ago, he was receiving unemployment...

in that light, he has more than enough now. Yeah, it is a lot of money, but how much is enough?

its all relative my friend... if all u care about is monet than its never enough.

its all relative my friend... if all u care about is monet than its never enough.
Very well said.
but for someone who had nothing, at some point he can go and say: It's not worth the risk and sacrifices..
And in his case, I think it holds true.
You can see how many different businesses he is running after now...
he built his brand. Now the money is pouring in without him risking injury or brain damage...

IMHO he will do as Floyd. Retire and come back only for those really big money fights... and unfortunately, MMA is peanuts... and there's a big line of retired boxers lining up for COnor...

I didn't know that was a sanctioned MMA fight with the LW title being defended.

Doesn't have to be, the point is it's not taken a year for the UFC and Conor to negotiate a title defense. It's only been a few months of negotiations, which anyone who can look at things objectively knew was going to be hard to do because of how much Conor made from the Floyd fight. Conor has no reason to vacate and throw away some of his negotiation leverage, anyone who says he should is stupid.

Problem is the UFC not stripping him themselves, there must be some reason the company disagrees with all of you that want him stripped right?

As it’s been said, Defend or vacate.

I get that a lot of boxers want to box Conor, and that if his next fight is a boxing match it'll sell pretty well (nowhere near the Mayweather fight, but probably half that, which is still very good - and better money than he'd get in the UFC).

However Conor loses his next fight (and I can't see anyone he'd fight that he could beat other than maybe Diaz - he wouldn't beat GSP or Tony, and he'd lose to any boxer that's worth him stepping into the ring against). When (or "if" if you must) he loses again, his drawing power will plummet. If he loses a boxing match, I don't see a third boxing match selling well at all (because by then even diehard casuals have to realize they've been played).

If he loses to Diaz his stock goes down (and the backlash from not unifying the belts by fighting Tony hurts him further). The only money fight Conor has available where it doesn't drastically decrease his value afterwards is the GSP fight. By fighting GSP @ 170 he can always say there's no shame in losing to the GOAT WW and the bigger man. Losing to Tony or Diaz doesn't afford that option (nobody buys that Diaz is "tree times the size").

If he loses a boxing match, I guess he could still cash in on a mma fight afterwards, but I don't see him being able to keep the belt while off boxing (again), and the "Champion" status is a large part of his selling shtick. By boxing next, he could always fall back on the "boxing isn't my sport - it isn't real fighting - lemme go back and show you what a real fight is all about" while a mma loss doesn't allow for the sellable switch to boxing.

Brand wise, Conor's best not losing the LW belt - which means he won't defend it. He's a "2-weight champ" and if he loses a title defense not even his huggers can claim he's the best at LW. For him, the best option is to drop the belt (he can word it like he's transcended belts and therefore leaves it for the scrubs to fight over) and box someone. Then, IF he somehow won (unlikely) he could do either another boxing match (rematch with Mayweather?) or return to mma (GSP super fight). If he loses the boxing match, it's not devastating since it's not his real sport and not real fighting, so he could still easily return to mma and fight either GSP (super fight), Diaz (last man to beat him in mma), or whomever holds the LW belt (that Conor would have never lost).

Either way, I doubt he fights more than twice. One boxing match ($50-60M payday) and 1 mma bout ($20-30M superfight versus GSP). If he miraculously won the boxing match, I could see a rematch with Mayweather being his most lucrative option, so then he could end up with 2 boxing matches and 1 mma superfight - but that's extremely unlikely to happen.

Well written and I completely agree with your assessment!

Do you get a cut of his winnings? No? Then why do you care what someone else makes enough to make a thread about it?

Doesn't have to be, the point is it's not taken a year for the UFC and Conor to negotiate a title defense. It's only been a few months of negotiations, which anyone who can look at things objectively knew was going to be hard to do because of how much Conor made from the Floyd fight. Conor has no reason to vacate and throw away some of his negotiation leverage, anyone who says he should is stupid.

Problem is the UFC not stripping him themselves, there must be some reason the company disagrees with all of you that want him stripped right?

November 12th, 2016 - December 15th 2017 is indeed longer than a year. So yes, it has taken longer than a year.

The guy is healthy and is not defending. It's amazing how people defend this clown and the UFC. You'd rather watch his bank account and get embarrassed in boxing than watch him fight and defend against actual contenders in MMA. It's a joke

It's irrelevant. Artem will get 50% in the divorce. Dee will sue for the rest. Kavanagh, Conor's parents, and the rest of his entourage will be fighting over the scraps. Taxes and his creditors will likely drive him into bankruptcy.

Back