Educated Guess: Ben Askren announces his return to MMA on January 23rd

Meathead Jock

WAR ASKREN
@Gold
Reaction score
Askren kept saying he would come out of retirement only to fight the best.

Considering he also says that he refuses to fight Woodley.

That means he can fight GSP (not landing that fight) but he can also justify fighting Rory.

Askren is on Rogan on Jan 23rd and advertising his appearance already.

3 days after Rory/Lima. Rory is probably favored to win his lineal belt that he still holds in Bellator by way of Lima. Rory also has a dominant win over Woodley.

So Rory has as much of a claim as being the "best" as any other fighter out there.

TLDR Askren is coming back to slap Rory around, bank on it.

Last edited:
Much like Askren's career I fell asleep during this thread.

So just because he is going to be on a podcast your assuming he is coming out of retirement?
PIkprkZ.gif

So just because he is going to be on a podcast your assuming he is coming out of retirement?
PIkprkZ.gif

3 days after a fight that can arguably name "the best at my weight class" after striking out on his GSP attempts.

Hopefully Askren fights at least one fighter in the top 10 ranking before he retires.

Just want to see him fight the top guys. Hard to gauge his career. Top notch grappling that would give almost everybody problems. Fighting Rory would be awesome.

Askren will cure my insomnia.

Askren Vs Fitch

That's the fight I want to see!

Askren was talking about a fight with GSP not too long ago. Don't really believe the guy but who knows?

the UFC doesn't want him, where he's going? is he finally not afraid of fighting legit competition?

Oh lord of all gods, allahs,and all others please for the sake of me and my brethren. Please do not let Ben sign in North America, that's all I ask. For the love of mma excitement folks.

Breaking: Fearing that retirement may make him even less relevant than ever, Askren appearing on podcast in desperate bid to remain relevant.

Breaking: Fearing that retirement may make him even less relevant than ever, Askren appearing on podcast in desperate bid to remain relevant.

Certainly possible. Still think 10 years from now Askren will be more relevant than Woodley though.

Back