Educate me on Neil Young

Senzo Tanaka

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
I just recently got into the "Harvest Moon" album and absolutely love it. I was shocked to find out after that it came out in 1992 when it sounds like something out of the 70s or early 80s at best.

It's such a beautiful and pleasant sounding album and now I'm looking for more. The problem is Neil has a massive discography and he seems a bit all over the place.

I'm a fan of the softer, folky sounding songs on Harvest Moon. What other albums with that style would I like from his discography?

The obvious place to start if you like Harvest Moon would be Harvest.

Nice...I was thinking John Paul Young when I saw thread title.

Saw him live in 1991.

Allegedly he was kicked out of a high school that I attended.

Harvest is my favorite album possibly ever.

It's gone a ton of hits. Needle and the Damage Done, Old Man, Heart of Gold

Harvest Moon is pretty good too.

It doesnt mean that much to him, to mean that much to you.

Harvest and after the gold rush.

Go get em and enjoy divine music

I'll echo Harvest and After the Gold Rush. Harvest has 3 of my top 5 fav songs from him on it.

"It doesn't mean that much to me, (not him), does it mean much to you".

I only know this because I cover the song. I'm just giving you a hard time. Amazing track. Always blows my mind how good he was at such a young age.

Speaking of harvest moon, I always liked track 6. ( I dont know the name i just remember having that album years ago) That bass in the chorus is awesome. Neil Young is a legend. Definately one of the best singer songwritters ever and a huge inspiration of mine

Last edited:
"It doesn't mean that much to me, (not him), does it mean much to you".

I only know this because I cover the song. I'm just giving you a hard time. Amazing track.

Speaking of harvest moon, I always liked track 6. That bass in the chorus is awesome. Neil Young is a legend
Ahhh ok. Cool. Everywhere I've seen says, "It doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you". Idk for sure through.

Ahhh ok. Cool. Everywhere I've seen says, "It doesn't mean that much to me, to mean that much to you". Idk for sure through.
Yeah that's what it is

Song makes me tear up, wish my dad was alive :(

He convinced Michael Manring to play this, so he's cool with me. Wish Hedges and Manring did a whole Neil Young album but that never happened.

A couple years ago his wife was playing at some tiny club in Somerville, maybe 100 people were there (probably less). He was just chillin' in the corner by himself and towards the end she announced that she was his wife, invited him on stage, and they played a few songs together. Not bad for a $5 cover.

He looks like he'd make a fine street bum.

A southern man don't need him around anyhow.

I really like Neil Young though. Folk rock is some of the best rock.

Back