Edson Barboza vs. Kevin Lee Set for UFC Fight Night Atlantic City Main Event (Poll)

Who Wins?

• Total voters
@imnot
"He's got good TDD despite" (his last fight getting thoroughly out classed withing the wrestling department and not stopping a single shot)
He stopped quite a few shots. Just none of the trips and drags. The clinch game is a bitch like that.

Awesome fight. Pulling for Barboza.

Lee via rnc, Rd 2.

That is true but I hold good TDD to a higher standard,Jose,Jon Jones,Cormier,Woodley,Ryan bader I never had Edson in that "good tdd" category even before the Khabib fight, he hasn't fought enough stellar wrestlers to say if he ever had and when he did get pitted against one he showed his tdd ability.The aforementioned I named have proven vs elite wrestlers/grapplers to say they have good tdd.
You just named guys with the best TDD in MMA. Ever. I think you need to lighten up on your assessment a bit. Barboza has damn good TDD. You can't compare everyone with the best of the best. Kevin Lee isn't the best of the best. He's going to have a hard time getting Barboza down.

good fight

main event material? no

Barboza should win
it'll be a close fight

Averaging 6800 posts a year since you joined up. Not bad.

I hope Barboza knocks Lee's outie into an innee.

solid match up. I like Lee but think Barbosa will catch him with something

Lee gonna do poor mans work of what Khabib did to get the W

I see Lee getting the RNC in the 2nd round.

Lee will not mimic Khabib. He is a very different type of wrestler. His clinch work isn't even on the same planet. Lee tends to shoot for TDs in the center of the cage which is what Edson is more accustomed to.

I think recency bias is hitting people hard. Just because one wrestler did something doesn't immediately mean another could. It'd be different if Edson had a bad history with wrestlers but he doesn't. He just sucks against pressure fighters.

You just named guys with the best TDD in MMA. Ever. I think you need to lighten up on your assessment a bit. Barboza has damn good TDD. You can't compare everyone with the best of the best. Kevin Lee isn't the best of the best. He's going to have a hard time getting Barboza down.

I think Lee will do a poor man's attempt at Khabib's strategy and find success but will not get the finish and ultimately gas and get finished himself but the fear of the td can regress a high class strikers striking ability as Khabib showed when he outstriked Edson and they both(Lee and Edson) get wobbled a lot so I think the striking department will even itself out if that makes sense and the fight will come down to Lee's cardio and Edson tdd defence who ever can fix the hole quicker will win the fight imo 3 round fight I give it to Lee, 5 round fight I give it to Edson.I do see you're point in comparisons and assessments eg, I will praise Colby's wrestling as great but a person can say no GSP has great wrestling not Colby not even close so I do see your point man.

Good match up.

In before the winner beat a gatekeeper and the losers was never any good

Great fight, I think the winner will take it by KO, Sub, or decision.

I'm taking Barboza. He's got good TDD despite the Khabib fight. Kevin Lee's wrestling just isn't as good as Khabib's and his striking is very so-so.
I disagree, I think Lee's standup wrestling is far superior to Khabib's. I don't think Khabib has very good wrestling, particularly at a distance. But Khabib has much better clinch and top game.

Fun matchup. I'm leaning towards kevin honestly. I think he catches barboza with a good punch and maybe submits him.

I disagree, I think Lee's standup wrestling is far superior to Khabib. I don't think Khabib has very good wrestling, particularly at a distance. But Khabib has much better clinch and top game.
Lee is better at finishing a single shot at distance. However, Khabib is a master of landing them and using them to effectively chain into his sambo and force his opponents to the cage.

I'd argue that Khabib's style is more effective overall.

Back