Edmond Tarverdyan: the good bad and the ugly

He's supposed to be a WBC MT champ. Why isn't he teaching Ronda anything? Also, forget Ronda...he is massacring Travis Browne's career also.

This guy is a terrible coach. Why is he such a bad coach.

^Because it's all about his ego, not about the quality of instruction. From what I've heard around here, he tends to befriend his fighters, then from there they feel sorry for him and don't want to abandon him despite all the terrible shit that happens to them once attached to him.

^Because it's all about his ego, not about the quality of instruction. From what I've heard around here, he tends to befriend his fighters, then from there they feel sorry for him and don't want to abandon him despite all the terrible shit that happens to them once attached to him.
Sounds like a parasite

^ That is 100% the most backwards reason to get into coaching....

Shaking my head right now...

LiveSeveralIncatern.gif

This is all you need to know about Edmond Tabverdytyan.

>get to the big time with nothing but harai goshi -> arm bar

>lol forget that shit champ, show em dem hands cus thats my thing u kno

Last edited:
lol

Although...those fighters are all adults. He doesn't force anyone to train with him.
They are, but how much sabotage do they need to take before realizing it was a bad decision that ruined their careers?

In the regular workplace its somewhat the same. I work in IT, and the first pace I worked for I stayed only for a year; They weren't an IT company/startup, the IT dept. was minimal, doing maintenance mostly, and didn't adapt their tech, equipment, etc. Despite the decent pay, it would mean I'd be behind if I stuck with them over time, and would end up with an over-inflated resume (eg. 5 year exp., but capable of a 1-2 year person). Basically sleeping on the job. If things went south, I'd have to spend time readjusting my skillset again, which may take anywhere between 4-12 months, depending on how long I've been away.
A friend of mine from college is now facing that problem, got a cushy job and didn't progress much, and after getting laid off after 5 years, found out he wasn't qualified and failed alot of interview tests; He's had to go back to school. The current grads. are actually more skilled than him right now.

I feel its similar with a crap coach

>lol forget that shit champ, show em dem hands cus thats my thing u kno
P19-110727-85.jpg

The IT line of work is nothing I would recommend though. Huge competiton, and the employers / supervisors constantly change the gold standard, depending what options they have.

The fighting business, as tough as it is, seems more human.

Actually according to Ronda's mom and other people, he is a sexist and doesn't show or give any attention to females. He gave Ronda no attention in the beginning either but Ronda kept coming back and eventually he realized he hit a gold mine. I think secretly he hates her and wants her to fail.

I remember there was a thread about how Edmund purposely ruined her career and bet against her.

That doesn't explain his ruining of males' careers, though.

I can't remember if it was @a guy or @PivotPunch who made this observation but he actually deliberately misses her during padwork. A good deal of the problem with Rousey is Ronda Rousey. Admittedly, he is a terrible coach that messes with every fighter he trains, but Rousey's attitude certainly doesn't help.

Ronda could be seen drilling ring cutting with Edmond in the lead up to the Holly Holm fight and in the fight itself she didn't attempt it. She demonstrates combinations on the pad but doesn't demonstrate combination punching in any actual fight.

It's certainly Edmond's fault, but I can't imagine that Ronda herself helps matters much when she does seem to be looking for people who won't question her.

I can't remember if it was @a guy or @PivotPunch who made this observation but he actually deliberately misses her during padwork. A good deal of the problem with Rousey is Ronda Rousey. Admittedly, he is a terrible coach that messes with every fighter he trains, but Rousey's attitude certainly doesn't help.

Ronda could be seen drilling ring cutting with Edmond in the lead up to the Holly Holm fight and in the fight itself she didn't attempt it. She demonstrates combinations on the pad but doesn't demonstrate combination punching in any actual fight.

It's certainly Edmond's fault, but I can't imagine that Ronda herself helps matters much when she does seem to be looking for people who won't question her.

It wasn't me at least I wasn't the first. I saw many mention it though. On Connor Ruebuschs podcast Patrick Wyman told a story how he knows someone who trained with Ronda in her early days who sparred Ronda and after Ronda got heateted he hit her with a heavy jab and she took off er fighting gear and left the gym.....

She has some real issues and Edmond is bad in 2 ways: He's a terrible coach who is only great at making you look pretty hitting pads (should be a boxercise teacher) and second he seems to have developed a toxic relationship with a woman who has already mental issues to deal with.
Not only is she apparently hard to work with and would probably piss many elite trainers off but she is punishing herself because as a result of her mentallity she is staying with him and so it repeats itself in a cycle.

She has the ressources to train literally everywhere and she choses to train with that fraud. She could train with Cordeiro, Hooft, Javier Mendes, Freddie Roach, fucking Mayweather offered to help her (not that he would be a great trainer but he can't be worse than Edmond)

Like all you see him doing is hitting pads. but it is never reactive padwork it is always scripted. granted what you show the media is usually only part of the training but Ronda fights like it's (almost) all he does.
Like even trying to hit her for real when he does padwork and improvising instead of learning sequences by heart would make a huge difference.

It's also funny how that leech Edmond somehow has people convinced that he is a legit boxing trainer. He had MT fights and not even a boxing heavy style with no boxing credentials that I know of. His claim to fame is "training" Vic Darchinyan (I assume he was a glorified padholder for when Vic trained there) probably because both are Armenian and because Edmond only real skill is convincing people he knows what he's doing.

I remember a thread you posted warning about the type of charlattan who makes his fighters feel dependent on them through excessive mitt work. Edmond has to be THE example of that guy.

It was that entire thread on mitt-work. I caught a bit of flak for suggesting that, too, which IMO only affirms how dependent people feel on mitt-work.

I don't think any of my fighters have gotten mitts from me in like 3 weeks, as I've been fighting off rounds of colds from my kids. Didn't stop any of them from improving.

Back