Edgar will do better on the feet than Aldo did.

I never understood why Aldo stopped trying to take down strikers like he used to.
I recall someone mentioning he has back problems after a motorcycle wreck. I dont know how much truth is in that but it made sense in the discussion.

People really don’t understand the threat of a takedown.

Love the size difference too. Frankie’s gonna beat him down either way

Yup he will do better because he has threat of the takedown and Aldo didn't. I am picking Holloway to win because I think he is very accurate and fast and he has such a good reach for that division plus he is fresh and young. But I think the fight will be quite close and will go to a decision. I don't think there will be a finish.

I think Max is going to finish him, which is going to be pretty heartbreaking.

Can’t believe frankie used to fight at lightweight and was also champ there...

Saying Frankie isn't tall enough to do well on the ground against Max is a moronic statement.

It isn't at all. Being taller in grappling exchanges provides just as many benefits as it would standing. Have you ever tried shooting in on someone taller than you compared to someone who is shorter than you? That's not to mention the advantages that he already has from being larger or heavier in general. And keep in mind he doesn't have to be a better grappler than Frankie to do well. He just has to keep him off, which requires considerably less skill. This is the comment someone would make or like if they've never grappled in their life.

Last edited:
Only because Aldo didn't seem to have any success, its possible.
I would hope Frankie isn't relying on that though. His best bet is to get those TDs.
Max might be the first guy he's ever fought who has equal or better cardio.
I'm taking Frankie by lopsided decision.

Frankie will do better on the feet. Even though Aldo doesn't have KO power with his hands he was putting everything into his punches and gassed himself out. Max did not give him space to do his thing.

Frankie can box and mix in takedowns for 5 rds no problem. Not saying Frankie will win, but he matches up much better with Max than Aldo.

Do you think Edgar will do better on the feet against Max than Aldo did? I do. I think that even if he can't secure a takedown, max will respect the threat and be thrown off by Frankie's takedown feints.

Bonus pic--the size difference is real. I wish Frankie went to 135lbs after UFC 200, but Frankie gonna Frankie.

Damn, Max's son has grown up a little since the Aldo 2 fight.

It isn't at all. Being taller in grappling exchanges provides just as many benefits as it would standing. Have you ever tried shooting in on someone taller than you compared to someone who is shorter than you? That's not to mention the advantages that he already has from being larger or heavier in general. And keep in mind he doesn't have to be a better grappler than Frankie to do well. He just has to keep him off, which requires considerably less skill. This is the comment someone would make or like if they've never grappled in their life.

You realize that frankie spent a lot of his career outgrappling elite BJJ guys and good wrestlers, the majority of whom were taller and bigger than frankie, right?

Edgar got absolutely dominated by Aldo. how he could possibly do better against a rangier opponent with excellent cardio who dominates Aldo standing could only be some unicorn of mma mystery.

Frankie can't hang on the feet with Max, he needs to get this to ground. Aldo has much better stand up than Frankie. i give frankie about a 10% chance here. Other 90% he loses a 50 - 45 maybe 49 - 46 decision.

Or he wins that decision. Frankie is pace guy and he can rack up points quick

Defensively, probably. Offensively? Doubtful

Aldo only landed cleanly a handful of times in both fights. I think frankie will land more consistently than Aldo did, but obviously he doesn't have the power that Aldo does.

You realize that frankie spent a lot of his career outgrappling elite BJJ guys and good wrestlers, the majority of whom were taller and bigger than frankie, right?

Either they're smaller than Max, have lesser TDD, weren't afraid to go there, were wrestlers themselves, or some combination of the four. And again, this doesn't disprove the advantage being there at all. Because Frankie has overcome a certain obstacle in the past doesn't make it not an obstacle. I'm sure he would have had an easier time if these opponents were smaller.

Back