Edgar will do better on the feet than Aldo did.

Discussion in 'UFC Discussion' started by fortheo, Jan 16, 2018.

  1. fortheo Gold Belt

    fortheo
    Joined:
    Nov 2, 2010
    Messages:
    18,670
    Likes Received:
    15,408
    Do you think Edgar will do better on the feet against Max than Aldo did? I do. I think that even if he can't secure a takedown, max will respect the threat and be thrown off by Frankie's takedown feints.


    Bonus pic--the size difference is real. I wish Frankie went to 135lbs after UFC 200, but Frankie gonna Frankie.

     
    #1
  2. Frankie Baby! 145 Champ

    Frankie Baby!
    Joined:
    Jan 13, 2017
    Messages:
    2,207
    Likes Received:
    5,166
    Location:
    Tom's River, New Jersey.
    Hell yea!! Frankie's the man!!
     
    #2
  3. Arm Barbarian Steel Belt

    Arm Barbarian
    Joined:
    Jul 17, 2013
    Messages:
    26,511
    Likes Received:
    145,336
    Location:
    West Coast
    Maybe, if he can mix up the TD threat and get Max reacting to it.

    But I definitely think his wrestling is his best bet in this fight.
     
    #3
  4. WouldNotBang Lucille Belt

    WouldNotBang
    Joined:
    Dec 20, 2015
    Messages:
    4,470
    Likes Received:
    6,321
    Location:
    closer than you think
    Aldo's cardio failed him. I think Frankie can keep the pace. That alone should make him do better than Aldo on the feet in the overall fight.
     
    #4
  5. CBohl Blue Belt

    CBohl
    Joined:
    Nov 9, 2016
    Messages:
    734
    Likes Received:
    2,676
    [​IMG]
     
    #5
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    Fedor>Cain, pick999, TemDee and 19 others like this.
  6. MysticCam Purple Belt

    MysticCam
    Joined:
    Mar 5, 2016
    Messages:
    2,235
    Likes Received:
    4,137
    He won’t hurt him the way Aldo did in round 1 fight 1
     
    #6
  7. MTL Brown Belt

    MTL
    Joined:
    Dec 22, 2012
    Messages:
    2,591
    Likes Received:
    3,870
    Can’t wait for this fight.
     
    #7
    Fatback96, MMAcolyte and Kung Fu bb like this.
  8. UhHuhSure Brown Belt

    UhHuhSure
    Joined:
    Jan 20, 2017
    Messages:
    4,843
    Likes Received:
    5,460
    Aldo wasnt bad on the feet until he wasnt good :/ He was hurting Max with leg kicks in the last fight too. That said I think Frankie has a great skillset and could get the win.
     
    #8
  9. Superzorro Goddess of War

    Superzorro
    Joined:
    Jul 13, 2015
    Messages:
    2,006
    Likes Received:
    1,576
    Location:
    Themyscira
    He's not tall or long enough to present any threats to Max standing or on the ground imo. His cardio will just serve to prolong the beating. I hope I'm wrong and that he wins though, big answer fan.
     
    #9
    smokinjoerogan and bigmacbub like this.
  10. Chivas GDL Purple Belt

    Chivas GDL
    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2016
    Messages:
    2,276
    Likes Received:
    5,397
    Location:
    Guadalajara campeón
    Yep they match up different against Max because of cardio pace and style.


    Say no to MMA math kids.
     
    #10
  11. Coolkid666 Blue Belt

    Coolkid666
    Joined:
    Apr 3, 2016
    Messages:
    902
    Likes Received:
    1,049
    Location:
    Tennessee
    frankie needs to just spam takedowns and beat him up liike he did to yair rodriquez and grub swanson
     
    #11
  12. StrangerToGod Green Belt

    StrangerToGod
    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2013
    Messages:
    1,018
    Likes Received:
    963
    Maybe, but he will eventually get fucked up on the feet; maybe to a lesser degree than Aldo, but Max will get the W if Frankie cannot take him down and keep him there for at least 3 out of 5 rounds.
     
    #12
    theTKDguy likes this.
  13. StrangerToGod Green Belt

    StrangerToGod
    Joined:
    Dec 18, 2013
    Messages:
    1,018
    Likes Received:
    963
    Saying Frankie isn't tall enough to do well on the ground against Max is a moronic statement.
     
    #13
    tru3f4n, Epicness, olimpicus and 16 others like this.
  14. BoD 2.0 Purple Belt

    BoD 2.0
    Joined:
    Oct 19, 2017
    Messages:
    1,780
    Likes Received:
    6,181
    Possibly. Edgar has cardio and won’t slow down. More I think of this fight, I see it as kind of a bad matchup for Max. Still picking Max though.
     
    #14
  15. daltonames Brown Belt

    daltonames
    Joined:
    Dec 27, 2015
    Messages:
    4,096
    Likes Received:
    3,570
    Frankie can't hang on the feet with Max, he needs to get this to ground. Aldo has much better stand up than Frankie. i give frankie about a 10% chance here. Other 90% he loses a 50 - 45 maybe 49 - 46 decision.
     
    #15
    bigmacbub likes this.
  16. The-AxeMurderer Red Belt

    The-AxeMurderer
    Joined:
    Oct 6, 2006
    Messages:
    8,959
    Likes Received:
    6,542
    Location:
    Canada
    Aldo got too agressive at times and gassed himself out.

    Holloway is the worst match up for Aldo.
     
    #16
    UhHuhSure likes this.
  17. Relentless chase The one and only

    Relentless chase
    Joined:
    Aug 6, 2016
    Messages:
    1,882
    Likes Received:
    1,562
    Pulling for Edgar all the way!! people can say what they want, but Edgar is a tough MF and he ain't going down without a fight. this should be a freaking barn burner!
    <{JustBleed}>
     
    #17
  18. Rum Champion of Champions

    Rum
    Joined:
    Apr 12, 2015
    Messages:
    6,927
    Likes Received:
    6,186
    Location:
    South Pacific
    I never understood why Aldo stopped trying to take down strikers like he used to. Too many injuries and miles on the clock I guess.

    Offensive TD%:
    74% GSP
    72% JOSE ALDO
    56% Demetrious "Mighty" Johnson
    55% Chad Mendes
    54% Brock Lesnar
    51% Chris Weidman's Father's Boy
    50% Jon "Bones" Jones
    50% Dominator Cruz
    47% Hendricks
    43% Cain
    39% DC
    35% Frankie Edgar
     
    #18
    Last edited: Jan 16, 2018
    mirellale, bunt, gosuasus and 11 others like this.
  19. Pat Bankowski White Belt

    Pat Bankowski
    Joined:
    Dec 23, 2017
    Messages:
    33
    Likes Received:
    30
    Huge Aldo fan but he is past his prime somehow at 31. I was in the 5th row in Detroit and it sucked to watch Max goat him into a slugfest. The whole time I knew it was a matter of time before his cardio failed him. Frankie never gets tired and Max will be spending a good portion of this fight on his back
     
    #19
  20. Erocthadon Brown Belt

    Erocthadon
    Joined:
    Dec 7, 2009
    Messages:
    3,272
    Likes Received:
    6,518
    Location:
    Baton Rouge, Louisiana
    I really hope Frankie gets that belt. Nothing against Max. As hard working, tough as nails, never give up type of person Frankie is, nobody in the history of mma deserves it more than him.
     
    #20

Share This Page

monitoring_string = "fd5733925866a04e50edd70f38dfaa35"
monitoring_string = "603ac9fff68f23709f2a42bf5e29272b"