EDDIE PROVES UFC NOT FIGHTER FIRST?

https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/dana-white-ok-if-eddie-alvarez-leaves-ufc
Dana white says he wants young, championship level fighters. As opposed to #5 ranked veteran fighters, especially one who might be one of the most exciting fighters in mma? Is he saying eddie is not worth 150k a fight that hes getting now? Or not more than that?

Surely eddie or someone like cerrone would be a bigger fish/ get a bigger bonus somewhere else?

How much would eddie be worth for one fc? Or any other org? How many fighters in their primes got paid significanfly more in other orgs?

Yup, well done you proved that UFC is not fighter first.
You should protest by never buying any UFC products...
That will encourage the UFC to spend more on fighters they deem unprofitable.

What is the equivalent of Eddie Alvarez in the NFL, NBA, or MLB. An exciting fringe pro bowl/all star level player imo... guys like that are paid well and valued in team sports, generally not cut!!!!

He didnt get cut he just wasnt resigned . teams let players walk all the time. Now eddie can prove to the world how much he is worth in the open market. Wish him the best.

It's sad that being a former champion means nothing to the UFC anymore..

Too bad he comes off a loss...sucks for contract negotiations.

Eddie looked pathetic against McGregor and lost to Dustin twice.

I mean it's fun to watch him fight but he's never going to sniff a title again.
but neither are a lot of fighters. He can still be a top 5-10 and still will bring on good fights.
Would hate to see him go..

i dont like eddie, wont be missed
Massively disagree. Despite the hate he gets for his showing against Conor and claims of being dirty against Poirier the guy comes to fight and has made me a fan despite the snoozefest against Pettis. Pay this guy what he's asking and fold the women's flyweight division.

I wouldnt throw millions at Eddie at this point. He is 34 but 70 in mma years after all those years of war with that bar brawl style of his. The best for him right now is bellator, one fc or wsof and hopefuly retire in a couple years.
What are you basing that on though? Not his last 5 fights. Hes only lost to top 5 guys

"Young"=star struck and will sign a shitty contract at the drop of a hat. Like how the record companies have done for years. "Veteran"=experienced, and now know the game.
This!!!!! Paying big money for guys like sage and stylebender who havnt proven anything like eddie. But hes not work 150k an event? Really?

Yup, well done you proved that UFC is not fighter first.
You should protest by never buying any UFC products...
That will encourage the UFC to spend more on fighters they deem unprofitable.
I dont. And it wont. What's your point? Oh you dont have one? Ok

eddie is not relevant to the ufc anymore

This is why having a Monopoly in MMA is bad - not only for the fighters but also for the growth of the sport. Top talents would never want to get into MMA when they can make money in other pro sports.

MMA and the UFC's current model is way better for the fans. Do you really want MMA to be run like boxing? Because that's what would happen. It would end up being a bunch of showcase fights and the top fighters holding out on fighting each other.

Look at how long it too Mayweather Pac to happen; Or look at how Joshua and Wylder aren't fighting each other even though they have all of the major titles between them. Having a million meaningless belts is also lame. I love boxing, but it would be better if it was ran like how the UFC is. It's shitty for the fighters, but better for the fans.

It's sad that being a former champion means nothing to the UFC anymore..
It's also sad that being a champion means nothing about being a fighter anymore. Now it's all picky cherry

Don't see anything wrong with what Dana said here. Eddie came over on a big contract, he won't be getting the same from UFC again. He's said he's excited to test out free agency and Coker is very interested in talking to him. Bellator are flush with DAZN dollars and eagerly eyeing free agents. Sounds like UFC are happy to keep him if they aren't paying a huge amount but know he will be getting some good offers they probably wouldn't match.
Being put out of the title picture and his last card rating so poorly will definitely affect how much they're willing to pay to keep him though.

WME's modus operandi is to put one or two name fighters on a card and then have gobshite Dana White Contender series cans and wmma fighters on 95% of the other card. I see cards now and I have no idea who 90% of the fighters are, and most make their debut a few days before on his interweb series that 10 people watch. Bellator is going to over take UFC in the next five years, as all the top and name fighters are goin there, not to mention they gobbled up all the young talent like Pico, Ed Ruth, Swagger and Conor lite.

Coker just understands the DNA of the fight fan and industry better, was a real fighter and was doing fight promo while Dana was a bell hop in Boston. On the other hand, the Fertittas just had deep wallets and bought org's that already existed and were successful, from UFC to Pride to Strikeforce. Dana's greatest contribution was thinking up the brilliant idea of a reality TV show, at a time when everyone and their Mom was doing a reality TV show. Boggles my mind how people think Dana is some kind of promo genius, and now on his own, we see the results: all loyal employees fired, all stars gone or unhappy with the UFC, cross promo (something they never allowed), terrible rating and PPV #'s and elite talent going to other organizations.
actually he was against TUF, what saved the ufc, and against women in the ufc, that we may not like it, but it was really profitable in the ronda reign. if anything, dana is not the smartest guy in the world, and lorenzo was the brains of the company

Haven’t they paid Eddie enough to throw that McGimmick fight?

Don't see anything wrong with what Dana said here. Eddie came over on a big contract, he won't be getting the same from UFC again. He's said he's excited to test out free agency and Coker is very interested in talking to him. Bellator are flush with DAZN dollars and eagerly eyeing free agents. Sounds like UFC are happy to keep him if they aren't paying a huge amount but know he will be getting some good offers they probably wouldn't match.
Being put out of the title picture and his last card rating so poorly will definitely affect how much they're willing to pay to keep him though.
I want eddie to take the highest offer, but I'd hate to see him leave the ufc, sad situation really.

Back