EDDIE PROVES UFC NOT FIGHTER FIRST?

TMAN29

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score
https://mmajunkie.com/2018/08/dana-white-ok-if-eddie-alvarez-leaves-ufc
Dana white says he wants young, championship level fighters. As opposed to #5 ranked veteran fighters, especially one who might be one of the most exciting fighters in mma? Is he saying eddie is not worth 150k a fight that hes getting now? Or not more than that?

Surely eddie or someone like cerrone would be a bigger fish/ get a bigger bonus somewhere else?

Eddie is great. However, they let Moussasi, Rory and Bader walk and they were more important to their divisions than Eddie is. I just hope he gets the most he can wherever that is.

Dana white says he wants young, championship level fighters. As opposed to #5 ranked veteran fighters, especially one who might be one of the most exciting fighters in mma? Is he saying eddie is not worth 150k a fight that hes getting now? Or not more than that?

Surely eddie or someone like cerrone would be a bigger fish/ get a bigger bonus somewhere else?
He got to share a fight with Conor I'm pretty sure eddies gotten his pay day. I think Dana's thought is just that his best years are past him and doesn't see the guy being a champ, so he's likely not gonna throw him a huge contract

lol @ the UFC not being fighter first being news

This is why having a Monopoly in MMA is bad - not only for the fighters but also for the growth of the sport. Top talents would never want to get into MMA when they can make money in other pro sports.

Let me translate:

“we’re done with Eddie he costs too much. We want stars or cheap top talent or they can walk.
-D.F.W.”

Eddie looked pathetic against McGregor and lost to Dustin twice.

I mean it's fun to watch him fight but he's never going to sniff a title again.

Let me translate:

“we’re done with Eddie he costs too much. We want stars or cheap top talent or they can walk.
-D.F.W.”
But isnt it sad that un an organization worth $4B, 160k a fight is too much? That should be what a guy like he or cerrone makes? And I'm not saying he should get more. That's about right... maybe 200k guaranteed.

But isnt it sad that un an organization worth $4B, 160k a fight is too much? That should be what a guy like he or cerrone makes? And I'm not saying he should get more. That's about right... maybe 200k guaranteed.

Its not a 4b company because of Eddie Alvarez so thats really irrelevant

UFC pays fighters like Conor,GSP,Brock because they are worth it

WME's modus operandi is to put one or two name fighters on a card and then have gobshite Dana White Contender series cans and wmma fighters on 95% of the other card. I see cards now and I have no idea who 90% of the fighters are, and most make their debut a few days before on his interweb series that 10 people watch. Bellator is going to over take UFC in the next five years, as all the top and name fighters are goin there, not to mention they gobbled up all the young talent like Pico, Ed Ruth, Swagger and Conor lite.

Coker just understands the DNA of the fight fan and industry better, was a real fighter and was doing fight promo while Dana was a bell hop in Boston. On the other hand, the Fertittas just had deep wallets and bought org's that already existed and were successful, from UFC to Pride to Strikeforce. Dana's greatest contribution was thinking up the brilliant idea of a reality TV show, at a time when everyone and their Mom was doing a reality TV show. Boggles my mind how people think Dana is some kind of promo genius, and now on his own, we see the results: all loyal employees fired, all stars gone or unhappy with the UFC, cross promo (something they never allowed), terrible rating and PPV #'s and elite talent going to other organizations.

tbh...Bellator wanted to keep/invest in him... he cant play the victim..

UFC has always been about the pockets of its shareholders first, the UFC brand second, casual customers third, fighters forth, the rest of its employees fifth and hardcores dead last.

Eddie is great. However, they let Moussasi, Rory and Bader walk and they were more important to their divisions than Eddie is. I just hope he gets the most he can wherever that is.
That's just more examples of UFC fucking up imo.

Pro sports teams release athletes all the time -- wish Eddie luck looking for bigger paychecks in other orgs.

Back