News Eddie Hearn "I'll offer Deontay 50/50 if..

If boxing would get great cards together instead of a main event n a bunch of unknowns........ boxing would sell.

Tough to pay 70 bucks for 1 fight.

Ufc cards are sometimes stacked with a great main n many other great fights ........ this is why it sells n boxibg doesn't

If boxing would get great cards together instead of a main event n a bunch of unknowns........ boxing would sell.

Ufc cards are sometimes stacked with a great main n many other great fights ........ this is why it sells n boxibg doesn't
We're 2 weeks away from this event and at least 4 of the fighters on the undercard don't have an opponent yet

The UFC does a much better job of scrambling to find fighters that can step in, but PBC just want squash matches for their fighters, so expect those opponents to have even less chance than the rest of the sacrificial lambs further up the card.

Wot. Boxing holds all ppv records. The top 4 of the top 5 biggest combats sports ppv' s are all boxing..

What?

I don’t think the undercard issue is just about named fighters. The real issue is most undercards fights are just not competitive. Hurd is fighting a British fighter I’ve never even heard of on the undercard.

Wot. Boxing holds all ppv records. The top 4 of the top 5 biggest combats sports ppv' s are all boxing..

What?
if 98 people have $1 and 2 people have $10 million, do you think that the 100 people in that equation are rich?

Mayweather vs McGregor made a lot of money, but only for them. Boxing didn't benefit because it was a joke

if 98 people have $1 and 2 people have $10 million, do you think that the 100 people in that equation are rich?

Mayweather vs McGregor made a lot of money, but only for them. Boxing didn't benefit because it was a joke

That is literally the only example. But you are wrong.

Boxers are free to negotiate their own terms. So are hands down the biggest beneficiaries of a capitalist system.

The ufc pay structure is a racket.

That is literally the only example. But you are wrong.

Boxers are free to negotiate their own terms. So are hands down the biggest beneficiaries of a capitalist system.

The ufc pay structure is a racket.
but you referenced PPV records not all the other contentious issues, and I felt that PPV sales don't tell the whole story.

but you referenced PPV records not all the other contentious issues, and I felt that PPV sales don't tell the whole story.
But I don't think that is the case. The card on bocing shows have progressively got better. Matchroom UK have put on some absolutley great cards and fighters have benefited from being on them. Then they are free to negotiate better circumstance.

UFC guys aren't. They're forced into a pay structure regardless of whether they're popular or not until they hit the pinnacle. And when they do they are still under performing the best fighters on a boxing card when it comes to pay.

But I don't think that is the case. The card on bocing shows have progressively got better. Matchroom UK have put on some absolutley great cards and fighters have benefited from being on them. Then they are free to negotiate better circumstance.

UFC guys aren't. They're forced into a pay structure regardless of whether they're popular or not until they hit the pinnacle. And when they do they are still under performing the best fighters on a boxing card when it comes to pay.
it seems to me you're glossing over the many issues with boxing just because the UFC are scumbags.

You mention Matchroom Sports cards but did you watch the one in Kansas at the weekend? it was significantly worse than either of the UFC's last 2 fight nights (Denver and Argentina) as was the Jacobs card before that. I'm a boxing fan first but it's been a tough sport for me to follow. Horrible judging, squash matches most of the time, the politics between stables preventing big fights happening and so on. Boxing only started to change their model in the last few years, and it's been very noticeable. I can't forget the last 2 decades just because people don't like the UFC.

I lol’d.

Well played.

Shit, he has twitter followers....he must be real popular then

He isnt popular at all, he is opinionated, in all the wrong ways, which is why he generates headlines and has social media followers.
I think you're dismissing a million social media followers all too readily. Those social media followers are all potential purchasers of tickets to his events and Fury has almost a million of them. People that follow him aren't likely to be haters, why would you follow someone that you hate?

@aries People that follow him aren't likely to be haters, why would you follow someone that you hate?

so we see their content in our feed? it's a chore to check every single fighter's pages individually on a daily basis especially when most of the time what they're talking about is uninteresting. The more "popular" posts end up being bumped to the top by each site's algorithms. That's my reason anyway.

@aries People that follow him aren't likely to be haters, why would you follow someone that you hate?

so we see their content in our feed? it's a chore to check every single fighter's pages individually on a daily basis especially when most of the time what they're talking about is uninteresting. The more "popular" posts end up being bumped to the top by each site's algorithms. That's my reason anyway.
Well even if they are haters they can still end up being tickets buyers. Floyd was hated by lots of people who bought tickets to his events just to see him lose. Still a million followers is pretty good when you compare to people like GGG who has 550K followers and Lomachenko who only has 136K followers. Even Canelo doesn't have that much more at 1.31 million.

Last edited:
I think you're dismissing a million social media followers all too readily. Those social media followers are all potential purchasers of tickets to his events and Fury has almost a million of them. People that follow him aren't likely to be haters, why would you follow someone that you hate?

I used to follow Fury, purely to discuss his fucking absurb antics, and when he kept on posting duckfaces of him and his wife....i decided he was clogging up my feed.

And also, people are fucking idiots on social media....do a quick scan of his followers and see what they are posting

Last edited:
it seems to me you're glossing over the many issues with boxing just because the UFC are scumbags.

You mention Matchroom Sports cards but did you watch the one in Kansas at the weekend? it was significantly worse than either of the UFC's last 2 fight nights (Denver and Argentina) as was the Jacobs card before that. I'm a boxing fan first but it's been a tough sport for me to follow. Horrible judging, squash matches most of the time, the politics between stables preventing big fights happening and so on. Boxing only started to change their model in the last few years, and it's been very noticeable. I can't forget the last 2 decades just because people don't like the UFC.
I do like the UFC though.. I think their pay structure is shitty and they have zero rights or freedoms within their contract. And it's actually to the detriment of the organisation especially in the case of the stupid Reebok deal.

And that boxing at least, is negotiated based on the amount of product y9u can sell and in most cases making the actual lions share of the purse without the organisation taking the vast majority of the proceeds.

Honestly, the UFC has had serious problems since WME took over. And although there are a whole bunch of alphabet belts in boxing the top ones are credible.

The ufc seem to lack integrity in that area. And it devalues them and the sport. In order to make a quick buck. Which is kinda ironic as the UFC used to be well know for the best fighting the best at the right times, which is what bocing also comes under fire for.

I used to follow Fury, purely to discuss his fucking absurb antics, and when he kept on posting duckfaces of him and his wife....i decided he was clogging up my feed.

And also, people are fucking idiots on social media....do a quick scan of his followers and see what they are posting
Are you saying that there isn't a correlation between how many followers a boxer has and how many bums on seats they produce? Because funnily enough the two biggest draws in world boxing are Canelo and Joshua and both also have the highest numbers of followers on Twitter. Coincidence? I don't think so. Twitter is a quick metric of how well someone is known. The more known they are the bigger a draw they are in boxing.

Are you saying that there isn't a correlation between how many followers a boxer has and how many bums on seats they produce? Because funnily enough the two biggest draws in world boxing are Canelo and Joshua and both also have the highest numbers of followers on Twitter. Coincidence? I don't think so. Twitter is a quick metric of how well someone is known. The more known they are the bigger a draw they are in boxing.

Yes, i am saying that, Fury cant fight in this country, because regardless of his "million" followers, he cant get a decent crowd(i think the best he had was his 2nd fight v Chisora...and that was a stacked card)

Yes, i am saying that, Fury cant fight in this country, because regardless of his "million" followers, he cant get a decent crowd(i think the best he had was his 2nd fight v Chisora...and that was a stacked card)
Which country?

I think boxing should take a look at an organization like Combate Americas rather than the ufc. The fighters aren’t household names but the matchmaking is superb. I’ve watched 4 cards and haven’t seen a dull fight yet.

Back