News Eddie Hearn "I'll offer Deontay 50/50 if..

Give Joshua $10 million and Wilder $5 million guarantee. . . . the winner of the fight gets 100% of the profits.. . . .Wilder would do it.

It would be his biggest payday to date even if he lost. Why wouldn’t he!

Also because the UFC expects to get buys on brand name alone, in addition to the fighters. In boxing you're paying for the main event, everything else is secondary. Dana would want you to believe that you're paying for the full card with the main event as the attraction. It's worked to an extent.

It's also the way it is because the Klitschko's dominated from 2004-2015 or so. So no American could really make any noise, but in addition, Wlad primarily only fought in Europe. So, watching things on a delay or early afternoon wasn't the best way to market the division to the US audience.
I think the matchroom (DA ZN) fights are similar eddie is trying get you to buy into the promotion and not just the main fight or individual fighters so he is trying to make it more like UFC in that regard.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/1...5-million-buys-for-tyson-fury-fight-on-dec-1/

“I’m going for 2.5 million. I’m going big,” Wilder said in predicting huge buys for his fight against Fury. “They know our personalities. This fight ain’t hard to sell. You have the personality of me and Fury. It’s going to be crazy. This is the biggest fight in the world right now. If anybody isn’t interested in this fight, they’re crazy. They’re not boxing fans at all,” Wilder said.

https://www.boxingnews24.com/2018/1...5-million-buys-for-tyson-fury-fight-on-dec-1/

“I’m going for 2.5 million. I’m going big,” Wilder said in predicting huge buys for his fight against Fury. “They know our personalities. This fight ain’t hard to sell. You have the personality of me and Fury. It’s going to be crazy. This is the biggest fight in the world right now. If anybody isn’t interested in this fight, they’re crazy. They’re not boxing fans at all,” Wilder said.

I guess you've gotta admire his optimism at least.....

The ppv price is ludicrous. I’m guessing lots of people interested in this fight will be put off by that

If Canelo does 1.3mil with a good b side in Ggg, no way this mismatch with two relative no names does close to a million.

The ppv price is ludicrous. I’m guessing lots of people interested in this fight will be put off by that
the ticket pricing for the STAPLES Center isn't exactly cheap either, they're definitely expecting celebrities to snap up a lot of them during the week leading up to the fight. Touts were selling them for less than 50% purchase price and that was within 2 weeks of them going on sale. They realised the pricing didn't reflect the interest in it.

Lol what a clown Wilder is. He over values himself chronically. Like I said when he first demanded 50/50, his ego is going to ruin the chances of making a fight with Joshua.

Lol what a clown Wilder is. He over values himself chronically. Like I said when he first demanded 50/50, his ego is going to ruin the chances of making a fight with Joshua.

I don’t think it’s his ego, I genuinely believe he is mentally slow.

He reminds of Leon the Professional, with Shelly Finkel playing the guy who was taking advantage of his retardation

I only seen that movie once, years ago. Had low rewatch value to me, because it is weird with the Pedophile theme.. but is Leon really some kind of full or half retard?

I only seen that movie once, years ago. Had low rewatch value to me, because it is weird with the Pedophile theme.. but is Leon really some kind of full or half retard?
definitely a rainman type, and in the book (+ deleted scene) the girl seduces him into having sex

I've only seen it once too, about a decade or so ago

Maybe you saw the director's cut, as for the theatrical release they thankfully cut a lot of the pedo shit out though probably there was still a bit there... Leon's meant to be child-like and kind of an idiot-savant I suppose.

definitely a rainman type, and in the book (+ deleted scene) the girl seduces him into having sex

I've only seen it once too, about a decade or so ago

Maybe you saw the director's cut, as for the theatrical release they thankfully cut a lot of the pedo shit out though probably there was still a bit there... Leon's meant to be child-like and kind of an idiot-savant I suppose.

That makes more sense with the idiot-savant personality. And I did see the director's cut with that deleted scene (my friend had the director's cut DVD). I probably would have enjoyed it more without that scene. Did not read the book, but the movie had a lot of elements I liked outside of that scene. Might have to give it a rewatch soon, I did notice it is currently On Demand.

I'm glad they didn't go the same route in "Logan" (the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie) :)

I'm glad they didn't go the same route in "Logan" (the last Hugh Jackman Wolverine movie) :)

That woud have been next level cringe worthy. Thankfully there were no pedo themes in the comics with their relationship. On top of the potential pedophile aspect, it would be incestuous.

Or given that she is a clone, rather than a daughter... is that some next level masturbation?

As a Brit, with US economy doing well and the UK Brexit uncertainty, 400,000 buys and a 4-5 $million gate, the revenue would be similar to a million UK buys and 90,000 fans ticket revenue.

i love the fact that Americans only ever factor in the PPV sales, what about the 80-90k that Joshua can generate with shittest seats being £50.

As a Brit, with US economy doing well and the UK Brexit uncertainty, 400,000 buys and a 4-5 $million gate, the revenue would be similar to a million UK buys and 90,000 fans ticket revenue.
i love the fact that Americans only ever factor in the PPV sales, what about the 80-90k that Joshua can generate with shittest seats being £50.

The gate from the Klitschko AJ fight was worth £8 million.

Back