News Eddie Hearn "I'll offer Deontay 50/50 if..

It'll be lucky to do 350k buys
I want it to succeed. Murica and the HW championship should be the pinnacle and given the right circumstances most profitable for everyone. But i don't think murica is into.it.

No way does it do a million. Hearn knows that.

No way does it do a million. Hearn knows that.
Not at $60-65 a PPV, maybe at $20. Joshua/Fury would easily do that on Sky PPV, but then again it'd be about £19.95 or so. Joshua/Klitschko did 1.5 million at that price. But Wilder is crazy if he thinks he deserves even a 40/60 split. it's closer to 37/63 Joshua.

If he KOs Fury, give the man 50/50 ffs
Why? He has to prove that he can pull in the money. Joshua is proven, Wilder is not. If he does good numbers against Fury then he is in with a claim, if he doesn't then he's just not worthy of a 50/50 split.

If it does 250,000 buys I’ll be AMAZED.

Its a sad indictment of HW boxings fall from relevance in America that this doing more than 250k would probably be seen a success, while a last minute thrown together DC/Lewis fight doing 250k was seen as a flop.

Its a sad indictment of HW boxings fall from relevance in America that this doing more than 250k would probably be seen a success, while a last minute thrown together DC/Lewis fight doing 250k was seen as a flop.

I agree, very sad indeed. Unfortunately that’s just the way it is.

Wilder could potentially resurrect it with a demolition job on lineal champ Fury.

I agree, very sad indeed. Unfortunately that’s just the way it is.

Wilder could potentially resurrect it with a demolition job on lineal champ Fury.
Also because the UFC expects to get buys on brand name alone, in addition to the fighters. In boxing you're paying for the main event, everything else is secondary. Dana would want you to believe that you're paying for the full card with the main event as the attraction. It's worked to an extent.

It's also the way it is because the Klitschko's dominated from 2004-2015 or so. So no American could really make any noise, but in addition, Wlad primarily only fought in Europe. So, watching things on a delay or early afternoon wasn't the best way to market the division to the US audience.

Also because the UFC expects to get buys on brand name alone, in addition to the fighters. In boxing you're paying for the main event, everything else is secondary. Dana would want you to believe that you're paying for the full card with the main event as the attraction. It's worked to an extent.

It's also the way it is because the Klitschko's dominated from 2004-2015 or so. So no American could really make any noise, but in addition, Wlad primarily only fought in Europe. So, watching things on a delay or early afternoon wasn't the best way to market the division to the US audience.

Yeah Wlad has a lot to answer for!!

Lol

Yeah Wlad has a lot to answer for!!

Lol
Not at all, but if he fought more in the US like Manny did, perhaps the US would have cared a bit more about the HW division at the time, plus Wlad speaks pretty good english. They practically gave up on it after Tyson/Lewis but moreso after Lewis/Vitali Klitschko

Last edited:
Why? He has to prove that he can pull in the money. Joshua is proven, Wilder is not. If he does good numbers against Fury then he is in with a claim, if he doesn't then he's just not worthy of a 50/50 split.
Just thinking as a fight fan to get the fight done. Obviously we'll have another year of negotiations and less significant fights in the meantime but I wish it wasnt so.:(

Just thinking as a fight fan to get the fight done. Obviously we'll have another year of negotiations and less significant fights in the meantime but I wish it wasnt so.:(
Well Usyk winning against Bellew probably delayed this fight by a year. He's with DAZN, they can make that Usyk/Joshua fight much easier late next year. Joshua already has an April fight date set and we all know that the Wilder/Fury winner isn't happening then. So it's looking like 2020 unless December 2019 in Vegas is a possibility, which I doubt.

60/40 AJ seems fair. Unless something major happens between now and the fight Joshua is the main draw and widely regarded as being the man to beat.
Give Joshua $10 million and Wilder $5 million guarantee. . . . the winner of the fight gets 100% of the profits.. . . .Wilder would do it.

If Wilder/Fury did 1 million buys, then Wilder would deserve more than 50/50. It obviously won't, though, and Hearn knows this.

Meh. The HW division has always had its highs and lows.

Back