Eddie Hall Axle press world record 216kg

Eddie has mentioned possibly moving into weightlifting after he's done with strongman.

So, since he's from the UK, go ahead and tell me what the UK pays its weightlifters.

I spoke with one of the Team GB weightlifters a few years ago. He told me that weightlifting is the second least funded Olympic sport for British athletes, the least funded is wrestling. From what he was saying it's basically a hobby, they still had to work full time jobs etc.

I spoke with one of the Team GB weightlifters a few years ago. He told me that weightlifting is the second least funded Olympic sport for British athletes, the least funded is wrestling. From what he was saying it's basically a hobby, they still had to work full time jobs etc.
Eddie would be better off financially if he did a stint as a pro wrestler and/or an actor. I'm confident he could do either or both.

I don't think weightlifting is funded in Britain now. I could be wrong tho. Zoe smith is working as a waitress and sonny webster seems to be a less strong Klokov.

Think Eddie will slim down and go into acting or something now

Did Eddie Hall quit WSM because of concerns about his health? I think he said after the 500kg deadlift (I think last year) that the extra bulk put alot of strain on his body.

Did Eddie Hall quit WSM because of concerns about his health? I think he said after the 500kg deadlift (I think last year) that the extra bulk put alot of strain on his body.

He has said before that his size was unsustainable, that he wanted to be able to be around to watch his kid grow up. I think it was clear to everyone that he would quit after he won it.

Interested to know what he does afterwards, the guy loves being the showman, not sure where that will take him.

Last edited:
I hope he drops some bodyweight and takes up olympic weightlifting.

yeah, but why would he when he makes so much more doing Strongman?
Open a gym. Write a program. Sell program. Sell "individual programs" for even more money, which are really the same program. Sell line of supplements.

There is a vast fortune waiting to be made where he wont have to kill himself to do it if he wants to.

Ive really enjoyed following this guys career. Hes very likeable.

i think zydrunas will call it a career as well

i think zydrunas will call it a career as well

Obviously, we'll have to see what this next year of training will be like for him, but according to the interviews he's been giving to the Lithuanian press this past week (translations courtesy of my Lithuanian gf), he's saying he can't call it a career on such a low note. He's too much of a competitor to settle with those results. So, as of now, at least, he's already targeting the 2018 WSM.

Obviously, we'll have to see what this next year of training will be like for him, but according to the interviews he's been giving to the Lithuanian press this past week (translations courtesy of my Lithuanian gf), he's saying he can't call it a career on such a low note. He's too much of a competitor to settle with those results. So, as of now, at least, he's already targeting the 2018 WSM.

that is good news. thanks.

I hope he drops some bodyweight and takes up olympic weightlifting.

I would like to see any pro strongmen practice the oly lifts a little. Imagine what they would be putting overhead if they had a mechanically efficient jerk.

gary taylor has a btn push press of 272,5 kg

There's no money in powerlifting. The two major reasons that I dropped my quest for a powerlifting world record were lack of financial reward and I don't like exerting myself.

Back