Eddie Hall Axle press world record 216kg

MoreKane

Green Belt
@Green
Reaction score

Amazing, simply amazing....he does it with no leg drive either, just pure strict pressing

Eddie's static strength is phenominal

I wonder how much he could do with some leg drive

Wow! Eddie destroyed that lift. I'll bet the next morning he destroyed about 15 plate-sized pancakes and couple of pounds of bacon. You earned it big man!

Just adding a bit of perspective.

There's a video out there of Eddie pumping out a bench press set, six paused reps with 584, no spotters.

The guy could move into powerlifting any time he wanted and after a little training, make some serious waves. He's the real deal.

And the "Eddie: Strongman" documentary is very well done, definitely worth a watch. He seems like a great guy.

The guy could move into powerlifting any time he wanted and after a little training, make some serious waves. He's the real deal..
yeah, but why would he when he makes so much more doing Strongman?

There's a video out there of Eddie pumping out a bench press set, six paused reps with 584, no spotters.

The guy could move into powerlifting any time he wanted and after a little training, make some serious waves. He's the real deal.

And the "Eddie: Strongman" documentary is very well done, definitely worth a watch. He seems like a great guy.

There is absolutely no money or rewards worth speaking of in powerlifting.

One of the best docs I've seen in recent years.

There is absolutely no money or rewards worth speaking of in powerlifting.

Only things I can think by way of motivation to do PL are sponsors and world records.

Just adding a bit of perspective.

And what perspective is that? You posted a different lift, done under different conditions, with a completely different implement. Awesome.

These are the stupidest posts you find in these sorts of threads. Here, reddit, etc. "Just adding a bit of perspective." Cool, I don't recall anyone asking for perspective, nor the thread requiring any.

Let the lift the OP made the thread about stand on it's on merit, instead of shitting on it and trying to overshadow it with "perspective".

Last edited:
Only things I can think by way of motivation to do PL are sponsors and world records.

RPS meet over the weekend had likely 50 lifters, and by the looks of my FB feed, I think 50 different people hit world records, and received a trophy. I'm all for motivation to get on the platform, but at some point it becomes a little comical. I won't publically address this issue because I don't think it is important enough to get uptight about, I'll still support PL in its many forms. But I do chuckle when others point it out.

Are PLers getting more than just free supps and some gear? Like are PLers actually being paid or compensated by sponsors? Must be very few. And likely not in North America.

And what perspective is that? You posted a different lift, done under different conditions, with a completely different implement. Awesome.

These are the stupidest posts you find in these sorts of threads. Here, reddit, etc. "Just adding a bit of perspective." Cool, I don't recall anyone asking for perspective, nor the thread requiring any.

Let the lift the OP made the thread about stand on it's on merit, instead of shitting on it and trying to overshadow it with "perspective".

giphy.gif

Back