Eddie Cummings Digitsu project now avalable for < 20 USD

Bought it, I'm really liking the info so far. I'll wait till I finish the whole thing to make comparisons to Danaher's dvd's, but I doubt I'll be the only one making those comparisons.

god damn how many leg lock vids r there gonna be? they cant be that different rob eddie and john all from same lineage working together all 3 releasing 3 diff vids?

guess it comes down to whos teaching style u prefer not technical differences

Seems like it might me a bit more easier to digest than Dahaher's?

Also, is that Anthony Bourdain's ex wife?

god damn how many leg lock vids r there gonna be? they cant be that different rob eddie and john all from same lineage working together all 3 releasing 3 diff vids?

guess it comes down to whos teaching style u prefer not technical differences
Rob is not the same lineage and John and has his own system that’s slightly different.

Although at this point Eddie is making a lot of headway and technique development on his own that no one else is doing right now.

This set is different than the rest. It focuses on heel hook defense as well as some counter offense. It’s more about breaking mechanics and stopping them and it’s less about entries and setups.

For entries and setups and finishes for a simple and effective offense I think Craig Jones is the way to go. For a very comprehensive take on the entire modern leg lock game John’s set is where I would look followed by Rob’s set.

Seems like it might me a bit more easier to digest than Dahaher's?

Also, is that Anthony Bourdain's ex wife?
It’s much easier to digest but it’s also on a much smaller scope. It’s not trying to cover as much stuff.

And yes that is Ottavia.

Bought it, I'm really liking the info so far. I'll wait till I finish the whole thing to make comparisons to Danaher's dvd's, but I doubt I'll be the only one making those comparisons.
I’ll go ahead and say I’m finding this so much easier to follow. It’s simple and straight to the point.

From what I see from the table of content, Eddie seems to put a lot of emphasis on the heel hook escapes. Danaher only explained the basic escapes so you can understand why he does this or that.

The leg game is a big part of BJJ, there's like a bazillion DVDs on half guard, on '' fundamentals'' or on ''effective submissions''.

From what I see from the table of content, Eddie seems to put a lot of emphasis on the heel hook escapes. Danaher only explained the basic escapes so you can understand why he does this or that.

The leg game is a big part of BJJ, there's like a bazillion DVDs on half guard, on '' fundamentals'' or on ''effective submissions''.
I like this seminar from Eddie because he's showing the basic ingredients of what makes a heel hook succeed or fail and if this sells well then I think everyone's offense will be forced to improve as a result. Everyone should get better because there's some effective defenses on here.

He also shows the details to his favorite inside heel hook that Danaher touched on on his set but held back and said 'this is Eddie Cummings' favorite leg lock so I'm not going to teach the details to it.' I've seen him use it and I never knew why he did it. It's pretty vicious and if people start doing it I could see it being the new default for inside heel hooks.

Rob is not the same lineage and John and has his own system that’s slightly different.

Although at this point Eddie is making a lot of headway and technique development on his own that no one else is doing right now.

This set is different than the rest. It focuses on heel hook defense as well as some counter offense. It’s more about breaking mechanics and stopping them and it’s less about entries and setups.

For entries and setups and finishes for a simple and effective offense I think Craig Jones is the way to go. For a very comprehensive take on the entire modern leg lock game John’s set is where I would look followed by Rob’s set.

i was told rob got his leg locks from training under eddie for a few months and basicallly took what he learnt and added it t to the leg lock formula vids

so far i have danaher and robs leg lock dvds im thinking of checking out eddies idc much for defense but if he really shows stuff on breaking that arnt in the others then i might most leg lock dvds or vids just show a set up but dont go over real fundamentals of breaking and most training partners tap and u cant even get it right before they want you to let them go so its hard to always know if that heel hook is 100% on t where u can break the leg if they dont tap

another random question do they dds guys do the leg knot or is that outdated to them/ curious thats the heel hook position i pretty much went forever since blue belt i see lister still sues it but i dont think iv seen alot of others using it from renzos

Last edited:
i was told rob got his leg locks from training under eddie for a few months and basicallly took what he learnt and added it t to the leg lock formula vids

so far i have danaher and robs leg lock dvds im thinking of checking out eddies idc much for defense but if he really shows stuff on breaking that arnt in the others then i might most leg lock dvds or vids just show a set up but dont go over real fundamentals of breaking and most training partners tap and u cant even get it right before they want you to let them go so its hard to always know if that heel hook is 100% on t where u can break the leg if they dont tap

another random question do they dds guys do the leg knot or is that outdated to them/ curious thats the heel hook position i pretty much went forever since blue belt i see lister still sues it but i dont think iv seen alot of others using it from renzos
Eddie shows a few breaking details that aren't in either Rob's or Danaher's set and also a variation on the saddle position that delivers a stronger break than the normal one.

As far as the leg knot I think I've seen Tonon use it once and I don't think he was even trying to tap the guy there. I've seen the DDS guys use it to expose the heel and they roll through and end up in outside ashi. But for outside heel hooks they prefer outside ashi and for inside heel hooks they prefer the saddle over 50/50. The reason they stay away from the classic reaping leg knot outside heel hook is because it does not pin the opponent's hips and as you reap you can help their defense by rolling them out of the outside heel hook.

But even these days I hear that they mostly don't tap to outside heel hooks in training. The inside heel hook is way stronger.

Last edited:

I think Rob took a few seminars, but that was about it. He got in big trouble for video taping himself re-performing moves he learned from a seminar and putting them on youtube. I don't think he trained under Eddie officially. (I reserve the right to be wrong)

The (what I guess is now old school) reilly bodybomb leg knot hasn't been used for a while, either by the DDS guys or Reilly himself. Reilly thinks it's too stationary and risky to go for, as it gives your opponent a ton of time to stand up (prime directive should be keeping them from standing so you can stay on top). The DDS guys are more into either the inside sankaku or outside ashi for breaking, so that position isn't the end-all for them either.

Personally, I think the rising tide is raising all the ships; as leg control becomes more and more familiar to people, the older stuff is going to be a little more difficult to pull off.

Eddie shows a few breaking details that aren't in either Rob's or Danaher's set and also a variation on the saddle position that delivers a stronger break than the normal one.

As far as the leg knot I think I've seen Tonon use it once and I don't think he was even trying to tap the guy there. I've seen the DDS guys use it to expose the heel and they roll through and end up in outside ashi. But for outside heel hooks they prefer outside ashi and for inside heel hooks they prefer the saddle over 50/50. The reason they stay away from the classic reaping leg knot outside heel hook is because it does not pin the opponent's hips and as you reap you can help their defense by rolling them out of the outside heel hook.

But even these days I hear that they mostly don't tap to outside heel hooks in training. The inside heel hook is way stronger.

The leg knot is great control once you get there but a lot of guys who are wise to it will be able to turn away to push up position and build base while you're trying to get there. It also doesn't "produce tremendous breaking pressure" for heel hooks. It just makes sure the guy stays put while you try to put it on him. I think it's better if you want to ankle lock than to heel hook. But also i'm not putting it on elite black belts so who the fuck cares what i think?

The leg knot is great control once you get there but a lot of guys who are wise to it will be able to turn away to push up position and build base while you're trying to get there. It also doesn't "produce tremendous breaking pressure" for heel hooks. It just makes sure the guy stays put while you try to put it on him. I think it's better if you want to ankle lock than to heel hook. But also i'm not putting it on elite black belts so who the fuck cares what i think?
The knot is murderously powerful for toeholds. I don't like it for heel hooks anymore.

The best thing about this set is it’s the first leg lock set that feels like it addresses issues you run into against other good heel hookers.

I think Rob took a few seminars, but that was about it. He got in big trouble for video taping himself re-performing moves he learned from a seminar and putting them on youtube. I don't think he trained under Eddie officially. (I reserve the right to be wrong)

The (what I guess is now old school) reilly bodybomb leg knot hasn't been used for a while, either by the DDS guys or Reilly himself. Reilly thinks it's too stationary and risky to go for, as it gives your opponent a ton of time to stand up (prime directive should be keeping them from standing so you can stay on top). The DDS guys are more into either the inside sankaku or outside ashi for breaking, so that position isn't the end-all for them either.

Personally, I think the rising tide is raising all the ships; as leg control becomes more and more familiar to people, the older stuff is going to be a little more difficult to pull off.
Yes tou are right. Rob did some privates with Eddie but didn’t train with him for an extended time.

You’re right about the rest too.

I want this set.

How does Digitsu work? Can I download it to an iPhone?

I want this set.

How does Digitsu work? Can I download it to an iPhone?
Yeah. If you get download their app you can download individual chapters on sets you have purchased or the entire thing. It's a good app.

This going to be much easier to go through than jhons...

The leg knot, that’s a string position if you can get to it, never understood why isn’t high level guys going for it...

Back