Eddie Alvarez's UFC contract has 2 fights left. Does he come back to Bellator?

Go Go Plata

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
You can't tell me Viacom wouldn't pay whatever Eddie wants to make Chandler v Alvarez 3. It fell threw the first time, each fighter has 1 win over each other, each fighter took some loses but are still dangerous, and each fight was a FOTY.

Legit fights- Chandler, Pitbull, Henderson, Primus, Thomson, Yamauchi
Just bleed fights- Chandler, Awad, Girtz, Rickels
WW "Money" fights- Daley, Ward, Larkin

I'm sure Bjorn's Bellator left a sour taste in his mouth, but at the same time Alvarez is a business man and follows the money. I highly doubt UFC will give Eddie more than what he is getting now. They are overpaying by alot on him.

What do you guys think?

I'm a huge Bellator fan and I would love that personally. Great list of fights mentioned aswell

He may come back to Bellator. The question is: does Bellator take him back?

I hope Eddie Alvarez stops fighting. Dude is brain dead. He was slurring his words before the Conor fight. A beatdown, 2 training camps, and the Poirier fight later, he can’t be in good shape. I pray to the lord Gaethje doesn’t hurt him too bad.

Should go to OneFC and complete the trilogy with Aoki.

After the legal struggles he had with them, including them keeping him on the bench for a year or so, I'd say absolutely not.

He's 1-5 in the UFC now, going to be 1-6 after this weekend. One more loss after that and he would be 1-7 in his UFC run....so yeah, probably going back to Bellator.

He's 1-5 in the UFC now, going to be 1-6 after this weekend. One more loss after that and he would be 1-7 in his UFC run....so yeah, probably going back to Bellator.

I'm pretty sure he's 3-2 (1 NC)

Depends on how the last two fights go. If he loses them that will end his run at the top of the div and any chance of another UFC title run so maybe then its time to go back to Bellator.

he'll have made his money, got biggest fight and payday of his career at first ever NYC show, he's won titles in other orgs, won UFC title, his career would be complete.

If he wins on Sat and another fight he'd be right back up there for another title run and I dont see him leaving if thats the case.

his fights against Melendez and Pettis were verry close. could have gone either way. he won deal with it.

didn't say they weren't close. Just saying he lost them. Melendez fight I can live with someone saying Eddie won. Pettis fight no. Pettis won that one.

didn't say they weren't close. Just saying he lost them. Melendez fight I can live with someone saying Eddie won. Pettis fight no. Pettis won that one.

Did he? All I remember is shouting at the screen with fustration when Pettis was being roughed up against the cage.

Back