Eddie Alvarez would smoke Conor.

Like I mentioned in the OP Alvarez beat Pettis, he fought really smart and did the frowned upon thing and literally just stuck to Pettis and got the win. Conor does not have the wrestling Pettis does. People are overvaluing Connies performance against Diaz because he dropped him People have dropped the Diaz bros countless times. Nate has been dropped by Marcus Davis, Bendo, Cerrone, Thomson, and Guillard in his career. Connie has a punchers chance at best in this fight.

I'd like to see it. Imagine the outrage, if Conor landed a huge shot, and slept him?

The real problem is that Conor fans are really excited about him being 1-1 against a fringe top 10 gatekeeper. I mean Nate Diaz isn't anything more than that, as much of a fan base as he has. It's essential like having a 3 match epic trilogy with Clay Guida.

Mcgregor knocks him out in the first, but I don't really like this matchup, eddie doesn't deserve this fight yet imo. Eddie is too small and would crumble from Conor's shots. Eddie also only has like a 67 inch reach

Eddie got absolutely lit up by Chandler, who's way more traditional than Conor.

He talks about that, he wanted to fight a more crowd pleasing style, but he realizes that's not conducive for a long a career

Alvarez with a good grappling based gameplan would dominate Conor.

I completely disagree. Can Eddie mix in his wrestle humping with striking, and wear out and confuse, Conor? Absolutely. But do n I think there's a far better chance of Conor capitalizing on Eddie's reckless stand up, absolutely.

I just think editor has to fight the perfect fight for 5 rounds, whereas Conor only has to land a clean shot, and finish him off.

I think Conor should be the definite favorite in this one, and I'd prefer Eddie to win. Although, Eddie is a durable, and crafty striker, and can really confuse and drain you with hos wrestling, so it's not like he has a horrible chance, I just think he gets into too man dog fights, and if he makes one mistake on the feet, it's over for him.

But I forgot to add that Eddie has the much better cardio, and much more experience at the top level, and hes fought at LW all his career, so he'll be perfectly used to the weight, whereas Conor has fight a ton at LW, his competition hasn't been stellar.

Got bored of watching darts on tv, then started watching MMA, did you now?

Who in the top 5 of LW do you think Alvarez would beat?

I mean no disrespect to Alvarez, he's a great fighter. He's just not the top of the LW division calabre - despite the obvious belt.

Alvarez is only 5'8 with a short reach. Conor would have his way with him. Eddies striking is elementary compared to Conors and he's gets rocked often with his questionable chin. If Cerrone and Chandler can put him down, imagine what the left hand of God would do.

Who in the top 5 of LW do you think Alvarez would beat?

I mean no disrespect to Alvarez, he's a great fighter. He's just not the top of the LW division calabre - despite the obvious belt.

I think he's live, meaning he could win with anyone in the top 5. Am I saying he's going to beat everyone for sure? No way, he could lose against the top 5, but now way would I count him out. Alvarez is a tough, skilled, well rounded fighter with a lot of experience.

conor has the best boxing in mma period if eddie can survive and use his wrestling to tire out conor then he has a chance

but conor's reach advantage,power,speed,timing,precision make it a hard time for eddie

UT3kzyY.gif

He would mix up striking and takedowns and if the takedown fails he would take him to the cage and beat him up in the clinch then take him down. I think he would mostly do this and use his striking to set up takedowns or clinch entries then repeat till TKO/Sub.

I don't believe Eddie would stay conscious if he engages on the feet as much as you say. I believe Eddie even know this, so I see him going with a boring wall and still strategy .

This is the only fight I'm rooting for Conor. Cant stand Alvarez bitch ass ducking.

Eddie is getting smashed. His cardio has looked suspect and his willingness to take things on the chin really hurt his chances. Plus the people he has beat has no in and out movement , Gilbert and rda come forward , while Pettis will just walk down. U seen with cowboy who wouldn't just stand in front of him . Eddie had no solution to getting inside. He would just shoot and eat an knee or try to clinch . They say Conor is lacking a jab but so are many fighters . Eddie has no way to get inside. Conor will not walk down

I think he's live, meaning he could win with anyone in the top 5. Am I saying he's going to beat everyone for sure? No way, he could lose against the top 5, but now way would I count him out. Alvarez is a tough, skilled, well rounded fighter with a lot of experience.

I'd agree with that for the most part man. I just think he's at the bottom end of the guys in the top 5. And I honestly think Conor would knock most of them out... despite them having advantages in other areas. It's a super interesting division right now.

Back