Eddie Alvarez would have a very good chance to beat both Tony and Khabib stylistically

Everything Alvarez is good at, Khabib is better at.
CostlyInfatuatedFreshwatereel.gif

Unlike most, I feel like he would have a harder time with Tony than Khabib, but I would give him a decent shot in both fights.

How so?
Alvarez would pick Khabib apart on the feet, ofcourse Khabib would molest him on the ground though.

Everyone thought the same of Mcgregor vs alvarez. Eddie used to be great, he isn't the same guy anymore; too many wars. Khabib's striking is also underrated. I don't see alvarez doing anything to khabib, or mcgregor. Ferguson....im 50/50 on.

Eddie lost to McGregor so he's a bum.

In all seriousness I think Tony and Khabib both beat him, but he's a very tough matchup for both of them. Neither of them really have the style to exploit Eddie's weaknesses

...Ha!!....You must be smoking some good shit to think Eddie has a chance against Khabib...If you can't knock out Khabib with one punch you are in SERIOUS trouble....Eddie needs cumulative shots to do damage which is disaster against the Bear Mauler

Tony? MAYBE, but probably not. Khabib? No chance

Lol, this thread is dumb. Alvarez can't beat ferguson on the feet and can't stop khabib takedowns, he would get mawled by them all.

Don't see it, Eddie was lucky that Herb's ineptitude saved him from a bad loss against Poirer.

10% chance against Khabib. He's not stopping Khabib's TDs but he has a chance to knock Khabib silly like he did against RDA.

40% chance against Ferguson. If Eddie has proven anything it's you don't want to brawl against him and Ferguson has been susceptible to people will really good hands which Eddie has. I don't see Ferguson stopping Eddie see that alone makes Eddie dangerous.

Everything Alvarez is good at, Khabib is better at.
Not striking by a long shot.

He'd give Koalabieber problems but then there's the "Eddie got out-wrestled by Chandler" argument. Ferguson beats him standing and on the ground though, he can also keep a faster pace and would assuredly win the championship rounds, giving him a massive edge in the scorecards.

Tony vs Eddie would be a fight. Khabib vs eddie would be a "mauling"

Eeeh maybe. Eddie's clinch game isn't strong despite him insisting on in fighting. As long as Khabib doesn't trade with him and takes him down on the fence he should be able to take it. Eddie is tough and can hit like a truck so anything can happen but I still favor Khabib. Eddie doesn't have experience with Khabib's type of grappler. Eddie's TDD is good in the center of the cage but on the fence may be a different story. Nobody has really pushed the ground game against him in the UFC.

Against Tony...eeeeeehh. Idk man that reach difference is crazy and Tony would probably bloody him up with elbows on the ground. Tony likes to brawl so anything can happen here but I just don't think Eddie has the right style to win.

Against Khabib? I don't see it. Against Tony I see a reasonable chance of winning, it would likely be squeaking out a decision though.

Back