Eddie Alvarez was never my friend.

BoD 2.0

Red Belt
@red
Reaction score
Am I the only one that wants this guy to go back to fighting in School Gymnasiums?

The guy fights in the minor leagues his entire career. Then comes over to UFC finally. Gets beaten like a stepchild by Cerrone. Hugs his way to a sad win against Pettis. The stars align and he knocks out RDA ( when the entire world knows if they fight 99 more times, RDA destroys him every time). Then he literally ruins MMA and the LW division for 2 years by putting in the worst championship performance in the history of the sport against Conor. Literally, Denis Siver did better against Conor than him. Then he cheats his way out of the Poirier fight. Refuses a rematch. And now he has the nerve to call Khabib a “fake champ”? Lol. W the actual F is going on in this little cheese steaks head?

Discuss...

Edward is a legend and a top 10 GOAT LW, he is also the manlet underdog real fans love. Only those without a heart hate the Underground King.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eddie_Alvarez#Championships_and_accomplishments

Alvarez has earned his spot, but man I can't stand listening to him talk.

I agree, except we shouldnt blame the shithole at LW on his L to Conor. I mean, if he lost he lost. Its a fight. I agree though he was a weak champ and even Giblert beat him. Even if he chose to not fight Conor though, the UFC would've stripped him asap. Overall a nice dude if you watch the Robin Black interview but other than that he has a hard time giving credit where its due.

He has been one of the best LWs in the world for years

His fights with Michael Chandler are legendary and for good reason

He beat the fuck out of Aoki in one round when Shinya was 30-5

He KO'd the actual champ RDA in one round when RDA was looking unbeatable

Though its not Khabibs fault what Eddie says about him is true, and yeah Eddies performance against the Con man was flat out abysmal but it doesn't erase all the great wins and exciting fights that came before it (or after considering he just folded Gaethje in a brilliant fight and gave him his first loss)

Edward is a legend and a top 10 GOAT LW, he is also the manlet underdog real fans love. Only those without a heart hate the Underground King.
He WAS. His performance vs Conor set him back

Y’all really have no clue who Eddie Alvarez is, do you?

lol khabib fans are easily the most insecure bunch of fans Ive ever came across on sherdog lol

SUper%2BSalty.jpg

lmao shut the fuck up you keyboard warrior.

eddie is fuckin good and has a strong as fuck resume.

nice little MMAth there too, you don't know that RDA would beat eddie 99 times out of 100, and i guess aldo sucks too since every single one of conor's opponents did better than him lmao.

Last edited:
lol khabib fans are easily the most insecure bunch of fans Ive ever came across on sherdog lol
I’m an MMA fan. And a Khabib fan. I’m not insecure but a comment like that from Eddie doesn’t go unanswered by any fan.

Eddie puts on too good of fights for me to cry about him saying things I don't care to hear.

I’m an MMA fan. And a Khabib fan. I’m not insecure but a comment like that from Eddie doesn’t go unanswered by any fan.
he has a point though, his title win was far more legitimate because he defeated the champion. Yet here you are trying to de-legitimise his title reign by calling it a fluke

well eddie was more of a champ than khabib, eddie finished the dominant champion, khabib got a belt after beating # 11.

he has a point though, his title win was far more legitimate because he defeated the champion. Yet here you are trying to de-legitimise his title reign by calling it a fluke
His one win was more legitimate. But then he got completely destroyed and owned in his first defense. By a guy coming off life and death struggles with Nate friggin Diaz. Khabib hasn’t lost a round in the UFC. Eddie has clearly won 2 of his fights. He needs to go get beat up by Pea Head again and forget how to even say the words Khabib or Belt.

His one win was more legitimate. But then he got completely destroyed and owned in his first defense. By a guy coming off life and death struggles with Nate friggin Diaz. Khabib hasn’t lost a round in the UFC. Eddie has clearly won 2 of his fights. He needs to go get beat up by Pea Head again and forget how to even say the words Khabib or Belt.

It's probably okay to just say Khabib is a better fighter but Eddie won a realer belt.

All I see is a lot of stupid reasons to hate a fighter. Sherdog...

Back