eddie alvarez wants to lurk his way up again

4 good wins in his last five, excluding the NC....Whats the issue here? Makes sense....Especially with Khabib and Tony. A backup plan is a good idea.

4 good wins? Are you talking about his bullshit split decision/gift victories over pettis and melendez, his hail mary haymaker standing tko over a depleted rda, or his rock'em sock'em impersonation vs the most hit fighter in the division?

eddie should have fought poirier again but he wont because the loss would bring him never again close to a title shot. hes a politician. great fighter eddie? lol. one of the most overrated lightweights in history.

Absolutely agreed. The guy is not adverse to going full lay and pray mode if he can get away with it. The only times he'll engage in a fight which is entertaining is when his opponent stuffs his takedowns and forces him to fight a stand-up battle. He got exposed vs cerrone, mcgregor, and poirier.

I'd love to see Conor vs Tony and Khabib vs Alvarez... Any way some weird turn of events can bring these fights together? maybe Khabib gets a boo boo that puts him on the shelf for only about a month or so, Conor (in an ironic twist of fate) steps in to take his place against Ferguson, and then Khabib fights Eddie instead when he comes back?

What the fuck.... On what grounds would he not be the one to fill in?
Based on his performance against McGregor, he should be permanently disqualified from LW Title Fights.

tenor.gif

i dont care i have my opinion and my opinion is eddie alvarez is a hyprocrite. never takes on real challenge just wants to lurk his way up in every possible way. i had many people agree me on another thread but i dont care i have my opinion and my opinion doesnt depends on any social crowd.
some people agree some not so dont care.

Never takes on real challengers? He faced every single guy in line ahead of him since he got to the UFC. Cowboy, Melendez, Pettis and then RDA. How is that "lurking"? Regardless of whether you like his personality or agreed with the decisions of those fights, how the hell can you call what he did "lurking".

I guess fighting Poirier and Gaitje are "lurking" too? He's ranked number 3, behind Tony and Kabib. He wants to fight those ranked ahead of him. Everyone on here agrees he's the logical choice to fight if someone pulls out. GTFO.

You have an opinion, and it's retarded.

eddie should have fought poirier again but he wont because the loss would bring him never again close to a title shot. hes a politician. great fighter eddie? lol. one of the most overrated lightweights in history.
The LW Goat is Underrated

People are upset that there is a great fighter like Eddie prepared to step in in case someone pulls out? As opposed to the fight just completely getting scrapped? Idiots.

No, people are scared that Eddie might actually win against one of them.

i dont care i have my opinion and my opinion is eddie alvarez is a hyprocrite. never takes on real challenge just wants to lurk his way up in every possible way. i had many people agree me on another thread but i dont care i have my opinion and my opinion doesnt depends on any social crowd.
some people agree some not so dont care.
NO one has fought tougher competition than Eddie.. 5 of his 6 UFC fights are vs top 5 guys, one vs #7.... let that sink in.

4 good wins? Are you talking about his bullshit split decision/gift victories over pettis and melendez, his hail mary haymaker standing tko over a depleted rda, or his rock'em sock'em impersonation vs the most hit fighter in the division?

Absolutely agreed. The guy is not adverse to going full lay and pray mode if he can get away with it. The only times he'll engage in a fight which is entertaining is when his opponent stuffs his takedowns and forces him to fight a stand-up battle. He got exposed vs cerrone, mcgregor, and poirier.
So pretty much you have an excuse for every Eddie win? The Gil fight wasn't even close to controversial and he was juicing, he knocked RDA and Gaethje out and you're still making excuses? Stfu troll

So pretty much you have an excuse for every Eddie win? The Gil fight wasn't even close to controversial and he was juicing, he knocked RDA and Gaethje out and you're still making excuses? Stfu troll

He didn't knock anyone out in his fight vs rda, you fucking retard; did you even watch the fight?

How was the fight vs melendez not close/controversial when one of the three judges scored it for giblert (with many people agreeing); same as his fight vs pettis where he was just diving for anthony's legs then holding on for dear life.

His losses speak for themselves.

He showed a lot of heart and durability vs gaethje, but very little in the way of skill considering both fighters looked like they never defended a strike in their lives.

cant trust that dude .. he had the belt then gifted it away for some "$$$$ fight" .... you cheap shotted Dustin

GO HOME !!!

The same Eddie that cheated to "beat" Poirier? Nah, I'm good

He didn't knock anyone out in his fight vs rda, you fucking retard; did you even watch the fight?

How was the fight vs melendez not close/controversial when one of the three judges scored it for giblert (with many people agreeing); same as his fight vs pettis where he was just diving for anthony's legs then holding on for dear life.

His losses speak for themselves.

He showed a lot of heart and durability vs gaethje, but very little in the way of skill considering both fighters looked like they never defended a strike in their lives.

The referee stopped the fight, RDA was on his way to be knocked out, he was on queer street getting blasted left and right.

The referee stopped the fight, RDA was on his way to be knocked out, he was on queer street getting blasted left and right.

He was no worse off than eddie himself was in his fight vs poirier.

Not a terrible stoppage, but it's not inconceivable to think that dos anjos might have recovered. Point is he never got the chance, and he most certainly was not knocked out.

"i will be ready to fill the spot in the title fight if ferguson or khabib pulls out"

eddie alvarez is the perfect example of a lurking politican in the combat sport world.

I would love Eddie vs tony. Fuck Kabob. Dude doesn’t fight half the year even when he isn’t injured due to some religious crap. He would be like McGregor minus he personality.

I think he was really banking on fighting Nate. I'd like to see him fight Vick or the Felder - Iaquinta winner next.

Back