Eddie Alvarez vs Tony Ferguson

When he fought them, they were elite. Go back and check the rankings of those fighters he fought and beat when they fought, you'll see that they're consistently top 10. Just because they weren't in the UFC, doesn't mean that they weren't elite. Fedor never fought for a UFC title, is he not elite? How about Gomi? Seriously, go back and check the rankings of fighters that he fought WHEN he fought them. Not to mention, this is LW we're talking about, arguably the most stacked division in MMA for more than a decade. The top 10 has been a revolving door in this division (all of MMA, not just UFC) for a long, long time. I don't think anyone has spent more time on that list than Alvarez.

Fedor is from a different era than Eddie Alvarez.

Fedor fought the best guys in the top MMA organization at the time which was Pride.

Alvarez always fought in the B leagues.

71gB%2BytrIBL._SX355_.jpg

<[analyzed}>

Toss up.

Tony's range control is fucking awful for a guy with his reach, he'd get hit eventually and Eddit hits pretty hard and has no quit. If it goes to the ground Eddie's done, though.

Well yeah I can see what you mean. But his career kind of went like:
Win CW FW belt -> next fight win CW LW belt. Get UFC contract.

Fight a bunch.

Win FW belt -> offered LW shot. Diaz tangent -> win LW belt -> fight Floyd

He really always has had a bigger prize to chase.
Holding four belts, without even one defense is pitiful. Could you imagine if all the other fighters pulled that shit? It's been sad to watch rankings, and true contenders get tossed to the side, while a loud mouth fighting outside of the UFC holds divisions up. This is a pattern, and ducking top contenders is bullshit. The UFC is fucked, and Conor could fight if he really wanted to, the UFC would not say no.

Why not pretend Tony is the real champ and enjoy the fights leading up to Conor being stripped?

No need to cry so hard about it. He will defend or be stripped eventually and you will move on, you seem too emotionally invested in the title more so than Tony lol
Ha! When do you suppose this will happen.

Eddie vs. tony is a fight I would pay to watch.

who cares who wins? great scap either way

I COULD see Eddie shooting and getting chocked out. However, the more likely outcome is Eddie smacking Tony around, maybe even knocking him out. I think it would be a good fight though.

He out struck good strikers in Barboza, Thomson, and RDA. He would carve Alvarez on the feet.

RDA is not a good striker. He's an average striker at best who had a terrible weight cut. Tony cheated against Barboza who can't fight going backwards anyways, and neither can Thomson who was like 40 when they fought.

Ferguson's REAL history with decent strikers...and I don't mean a guy that can throw a fancy kick, I mean real complete strikers that can actually box somewhat decently...i.e. Vanatta and Johnson have not ended well for him.

One he lost, the other he almost lost when the guy was on short notice and barely old enough to drive.

Tony is not a good striker, he just puts relentless pressure and throws a bunch of crazy shit hoping it sticks, and that doesn't work against actually talented guy. He is severely overrated because of his win streak that really isn't even that impressive, and will soon be exposed.

Holding four belts, without even one defense is pitiful.

Yes. UFC should have told Conor to defend the FW belt against Frankie after the Diaz loss.

Could you imagine if all the other fighters pulled that shit?

No.

It's been sad to watch rankings, and true contenders get tossed to the side, while a loud mouth fighting outside of the UFC holds divisions up.

As a fan of fights, I agree. Conor should be fighting in MMA and fans should have seen by now how he performed against Ferguson, Khabib (not really Conor's fault there) and Frankie.

This is a pattern, and ducking top contenders is bullshit. The UFC is fucked, and Conor could fight if he really wanted to, the UFC would not say no.[/QUOTE]

It isn't ducking, that's where we part company. I think the UFC has screwed itself longer term by letting Conor fight in boxing and making them a quick buck in the here and now since he wont fight for less than huge money, can hold a belt hostage and they need the revenue he generates.

He's not a coward but he is greedy.

Tony by late submission. Eddie is a tough fight for anyone other than Conor though

Probably never. LW will forever have an IC and internet softies like you are going to cry about it till the end of time.
Whaa fucking whaaa. I'm a Conor "Hater"...You are the one making the big deal here.

I think this is a solid fight. I believe Alvarez could give Tony trouble with his skillset but I feel like Tony would outwork him to a late submission or take a UD.

Why not Conor vs Tony? That's the fucking fight that needs to be made. Unification should be the next fight at 55 for Tony. Conor is a coward.

Because TS wants to present a close enough match up with a fighter Conor has already beat so she can in turn make the mma math case against Tony because she is an insufferable Conor fuck boy? It’s the same reason the majority of people claiming Eddie winning easily are also cucked Conor dick riders.

Because TS wants to present a close enough match up with a fighter Conor has already beat so she can in turn make the mma math case against Tony because she is an insufferable Conor fuck boy? It’s the same reason the majority of people claiming Eddie winning easily are also cucked Conor dick riders.
Perfectly said Mano.......

Yes. UFC should have told Conor to defend the FW belt against Frankie after the Diaz loss.

No.

As a fan of fights, I agree. Conor should be fighting in MMA and fans should have seen by now how he performed against Ferguson, Khabib (not really Conor's fault there) and Frankie.

This is a pattern, and ducking top contenders is bullshit. The UFC is fucked, and Conor could fight if he really wanted to, the UFC would not say no.

It isn't ducking, that's where we part company. I think the UFC has screwed itself longer term by letting Conor fight in boxing and making them a quick buck in the here and now since he wont fight for less than huge money, can hold a belt hostage and they need the revenue he generates.

He's not a coward but he is greedy.[/QUOTE]

I agree with what you say here, and I get your point. I even somewhat agree with your point....But somewhere Conor is scared to lose. He knows if he loses again, all his financial leverage is gone. That's what he is really scared of...not any fighter in particular.....Hence the Coward comment..

Whaa fucking whaaa. I'm a Conor "Hater"...You are the one making the big deal here.

I just suggested to get over it and enjoy the fights.

"But but but when will they strip him?"

"He fucking hasn't defended fucking once fucking pathetic"

Don't whine so hard, enjoy the fights until he defends or vacates, it's an entertaining sport I promise you should watch it for enjoyment next time.

Back