Eddie Alvarez' ONE 8 figure deal

Hey MKT I think you’re lost this is the worldwide. No DW over here sorry bud.

Having objectivity and an IQ over 70 makes it tough to be her at times, but I can handle the riff raff. Thanks, though!

Finding this difficult to believe. ONE loses lots of money. They are not profitable. And in fact their total revenue (not profit, just straight revenue) in 2017 was $16m. Sixteen million dollars! That’s it! And Eddie believes these guys are going to pay him at least $10m over the course of his contract? Seems unlikely.
Its 100k Edie was counting the zero's after the decimal lol

There has to be more to this contract then a just 8 fights or whatever. Maybe Eddie signed an 8 fight deal worth like 300K a fight, got 1 million dollar bonus, maybe handed a couple sponsor deals worth a few million over the course of his fight deal, and maybe he has a position within ONE at the end of his career work "x" amount per a year with a guarantee 5 year job or something. It's the only way I see Eddie getting anywhere near 8 figures.

To me, Eddie is worth about 200K to 300K a fight for pretty much any org. With the UFC he deserves a PPV cut. I just can't see or make sense of any org paying him more than a guarantee 400K a fight. He just isn't going to bring the business in to support paying him more.

P.S.: I think ONE is blowing smoke up Eddie's ass about signing big stars in the very near future. I can't think of one big star that is even a free agent to sign. Sage is by no means a game changer. Maybe Lesnar they been talking to behind the UFC's back. But once again not a game changer over all. A shock, yes. Hey, they also just said they'll do a 100 show in two years or whatever. I don't think they have get gone a whole year without cancelling at least a show or two.

Massively overpaying for fighters isn’t smart business, unless your getting Connor, Ronda or Brock don’t do it

Eddie is overrated if he really got paid that much imo.

And I doubt ONE will make power signings that will make a difference in the American and real important markets like Bellator has.
Do they really care about the American market? I haven’t looked into it, but I’ve heard they are bigger in Asia than the UFC, so maybe they’re much more interested in that market.

Eddie got a great deal but apparently it's not a normal fight contract, it sounds like he will also be doing commentary/media work for them as well.

Eddie got a great deal but apparently it's not a normal fight contract, it sounds like he will also be doing commentary/media work for them as well.
Allegedly he wanted more than just fight purse money from KSW. If true, only makes sense he wanted more than that from ONE as well.

Nice seeing the competition for Eddie earning him a big pay check. It is good to have options. Fighters can get bigger pay days that way.

Allegedly he wanted more than just fight purse money from KSW. If true, only makes sense he wanted more than that from ONE as well.

I'm betting his deal is for fighting, commentary, media work and he probably gets some sort of percentage. Makes me wonder how other promotions do deals like that with fighters that also do a lot of commentary and analysis type work.

He probably got some of those "preferred shares" or "prestige shares" or whatever that never pay dividends

I believe ONE is the promotion to beat the UFC (not Bellator),

They have resources, the sponsors and tv deals to back it up.
I don't believe that ever going to compete head-to-head but I do think that going to be extremely competitive going after Talent. One FC doesn't have any interest in going into the US and the UFC would be destroyed in the Asian market if they try to attempt shows. The two companies just have such a difference philosophy.

come on people we've seen this tuf contract is 6 figures when all is said and done.

Obviously more complicated than just paying him to fight 8 times. Makes sense why he went for that instead of going back to Bellator though. At the end of the day, you gotta take what you can get while you're in the game. Once it is gone, it is gone forever.

Apparently One has made only 4 million dollars this year.

Eddie said the contract was not as long as you might think. I take that to mean 8 fight max. Even $500k per, that's not even half. And how much does he even bring in? I don't see how they can pay that.

Back