Eddie Alvarez' ONE 8 figure deal

Idk why he wants to bother with "jet lag" just to get a belt in a 3rd organization. Should've gone to Japan, fight at Rizin or w.e. the shit is called these days over there.

Finding this difficult to believe. ONE loses lots of money. They are not profitable. And in fact their total revenue (not profit, just straight revenue) in 2017 was $16m. Sixteen million dollars! That’s it! And Eddie believes these guys are going to pay him at least $10m over the course of his contract? Seems unlikely.

i think they're paying him in evolve bucks and threats of a crab walking shinya aoki.

Eddie seems like a weird guy to spend that type of money on. Couldn't you get a bigger draw for 10 million?

Either way, Sing dollars or US, it's still too much. Here's my theory, it's a 7 figue contract with Eddie getting a 5-figure bonus for telling mma outlets it's an 8-figure contract. You know, becausr Chatri....

There have been a lot rumors in the Asian scene and here as well that OneFC is backed by a lot of shady people that it is really just a money laundering scheme by the Thai (?) mob. This leads me to speculate that those rumors are true.

There have been a lot rumors in the Asian scene and here as well that OneFC is backed by a lot of shady people that it is really just a money laundering scheme by the Thai (?) mob. This leads me to speculate that those rumors are true.

Given what we know about their financials, this would actually be the most logical explanation.

And I write this as an economics researcher for a living.

Looking at that financial report they can't afford to pay Eddie let alone anyone else....

One is full of shit

Operating at a loss does not mean they can't afford big spending.
The financial report also mentioned that they just got a huge investment. If those investments keep coming theres no reason why they can't afford big signings.
I'm no financial expert thi

If they sign Bendo, then Eddie-Bendo is a semi-halfway interesting fight (or not). There's no one else on their roster (including Aoki) that I'd pay a cent to watch. I don't blame Eddie for taking the money, but don't expect any more great fights like he had with Gaethje and Poirier.

Good job all their events are free then

Idk why he wants to bother with "jet lag" just to get a belt in a 3rd organization. Should've gone to Japan, fight at Rizin or w.e. the shit is called these days over there.

Rizin can't afford what ONE is paying and the jetlag is worse...
And I would take continuous crippling jetlag for 3 years to get $10 million lol, let alone twice a year.

If they sign Bendo, matching him up against Aoki would be a good idea. Korea vs Japan. It's a natural affair. Especially if it happens at an event in Japan or Korea.

Beyond that, it's a good match up on paper. Hope it happens.

Good for him, it could be a 10 fight deal at a million a fight which is great $. Not really sure if that makes much sense financially for them especially looking at how much money they are losing each year but take what you can get while you can get it.

Just wonder how many times he'll fight per year over there if they really are paying him that much per fight.

If they sign Bendo, then Eddie-Bendo is a semi-halfway interesting fight (or not). There's no one else on their roster (including Aoki) that I'd pay a cent to watch. I don't blame Eddie for taking the money, but don't expect any more great fights like he had with Gaethje and Poirier.
Hey MKT I think you’re lost this is the worldwide. No DW over here sorry bud.

Has anyone asked Eddie if there's been any mention of "Western Union" in this deal at all?

Unless one starts putting on American/Canadian cards they will never surpass the UFC, North America is the market with the most money spent on MMA and nobody will watch with the crazy time differences they have currently.

Piracy is rampant in China and South east asia.

Making ppl watch is one thing. Making people pay is another.

I'm going to guess the deal is say $1.5 million over say 8 fights but with say a 4 fight option, if Eddie comes in and goes 0-4 or 1-3 then no way are they going to continue paying him over $million to fight.

Match room USA deal with DAZN was apparently worth a $billion over 8 years but only the first two years are guaranteed

Piracy is rampant in China and South east asia.

Making ppl watch is one thing. Making people pay is another.
Ppv is practically non existent outside the U.S. it’s all tv deals and ad revenue.

Back