Eddie Alvarez Looking To Fight Nate Diaz

bit of a step back for alvarez right now, isnt it?
Depends on how you look at it. I think it’s a smart move. Diaz’s famous, plus Alvarez’s style is a nightmare for Nate.

his boxing has improved leaps and bounds over the years. Boxing Is my realm, I was never really Impressed with him In that sense during his previous LW run. Always thought Nick was the superior boxer. Starting In the Michael Johnson fight when he took a year off after not being paid enough, he looked like a completely different fighter In that sense. That Is extremely clear to me or anyone who's been watching him closely over the years, his boxing has Improved leaps and bounds. His grappling has gotten tighter as well and I don't think he's as much of a twig as he'd been In the past when he was predominantly eating raw vegan. Him having a big strength disadvantage has always been an Issue for him.

The way I see It, Nate has always been In the shadow of Nick. That changed pretty dramatically starting In the Michael Johnson and Conor fights. Nate needed a BIG fight to really reach into himself and achieve his full potential as a fighter I feel. The difference between the two had always been the boxing but that difference Is negligible at this stage of Nate's career. You could even argue he's better In some ways. So, yeah.. I would say that If you haven't seen any Improvement's In Nate's game over the years, you simply aren't looking closely enough or you're operating from a bit of confirmation bias.

Eddie has some decent grappling, particularly defensively..but again, controlling Nate on the ground In the way that Benson henderson ( amazing grappler) and RDA( amazing top game) Isn't as easy as you or others seem to believe. That's a winnable fight for Eddie, for sure..but I don't think he'd have an easy time at all at any point In the fight, even If he creates a gameplan around taking him down / attempting to nullify his game from the top.

Again, Nate Is beatable on paper but he Is not an easy fight for anyone. Neither Diaz bro Is. Regardless of what you or the rest of Sherdog seems to think.
Dude his boxing has been great for a long time.

He moved up in weight and beat the shit out of Marcus Davis years before the MJ fight.

He also beat down Gomi extremely quickly with his boxing.. Had Miller looking like a rookie and dropped him.. Beat up Cowboy for 3 rounds.

I dont think you were paying much attention. If you wernt aware of his boxing skills until recently, you had your head up your ass

Chinny Eddie would get TKO'd by Nate's less than 100% punches in bunches.

Nate's success against MJ was impressive but highly indicative of MJ's lack of defense or variety in strikes. Nate's boxing has improved plenty but that was never a hole in his game.

His grappling has not been tested at all since his loss to RDA so I have no idea what you're basing that off of. And He's looked less like a twig because his last fights were at WW.

Nate's last 3 fights have been against strikers, which have never presented issues to him before. His performance in those fights while good show no improvements in his glaring flaws.

Eddie has had plenty of success implementing that game plan in the UFC against Pettis and Melendez. Most of Nate's losses have been from that game plan. While it may not be easy, it is still very much in Eddie's favor.

this, I think eddie has had worse match-ups for him in recent memory and has come away with a victory more often than not.

It's not going to be a breeze, but i think Eddie wins this 30-27 more than I think Nate gets a decision/finish

Eddie's only hope in this fight is holding Nate against the cage for 25 minutes.

In boxing range he'll get lit up, on the ground he'll get submitted.

Eddie smothers Nate...but if Nate can thwart the TD/stall and light him up I would be excited for him to move up in the rankings.

Doubt it though.
Uhh, Nate sweeps and/or taps Eddie out on the ground pretty easy IMO. Hell, Jim Miller was submitted pretty easily by Nate just after getting a takedown.

UFC's most violent

Guarantee he tries to hug Nate to a decision

For some reason I figured those two wouldn't fight due to the Gracie connection? Doesn't Eddie train under Renzo? That was always the reason Nate and Frankie never fought.
They really don’t like each other though they have talked shit back and forth for a while

I dont think they're in the same weightclass.

Why these manlets always looking to start fights?

Nate is 265lb man, he'd wreck Alvarez.<CerseiPlotting>

265 after a taxing cut & Dolce diet. My man walks 300, saw him in Cabo just last week

great fight

knowing wme
they'll stick it on a shitty card and continue to ruin the ufc
They’ll offer Nate main event of Fight Night Columbus Ohio for 20/20. He’ll pass.

If I am Nate Diaz, I take this fight. Very safe fight. I get win, and I stay in MMA conversation, and I am closer to the McGregor fight.

Nate Diaz should take this fight. Eddie Alvarez' UFC record is like 4-2-1(NC). He is a rookie with a recognizable name.

LOL...

Hater shit has you looking dumb
I'm not a hater. I rooted for Nate against Cerrone, and i rooted Nate against Conor, and i rooted for Conor against Eddie. I am just calling it as i see it, and fact is, Nate is a volume puncher, and Eddie is a better scrapper, with cardio for days.

Would be shocked to see this happen, after Nate turned down fights with Ferguson and Woodley. Only Conor brings him back.

Back