Eddie Alvarez goes the Askren way and oficially joins ONE Championship

I doubt he's being paid crazy like some are assuming. His competition pool will be easier so he's probably accepting equal or less than what the UFC paid him.

Eddie would rather beat scrubs instead of getting beat by everyone in Bellator = smart move.

tons of people here are not paying attention to One FC Lightweight talent, there tons of good fighter in that division.

personally, i want to see Alvarez fight Honorio, Jadamba or Wiratchai.

Eddie vs Askren, only fight i would be interested in

Aoki has been promised a title shot at that event...and he has fully earned it.

One would be shafting him pretty hard if he was given a debuting Alvarez instead.
Eddie for sure has an immediate title shot in his contract. Sorry Shinya

I doubt he's being paid crazy like some are assuming. His competition pool will be easier so he's probably accepting equal or less than what the UFC paid him.
Wrong. It's over 300k a fight, maybe closer to 500. "More than double UFC" is the speculated offer.

Eddie was making 150k, according to him, Dana offered him a marginal increase. Bare minimum is 310k a fight. Schaub has already heard rumors of 500k.

Does ONE release their contract information?

Not that interested in him vs Aoki, Alvarez probably starches him at this point. Although you know they will try to book that fight. Very excited to see him against Nguyen and Folayang though.

I think they will book that one as well as a tie breaker trilogy fight.

Yep, might not be huge names for him to fight but I'd watch the shit out of all of them, Banario as well

I will definitely watch as well. Banario is another good one.

Where fighters go never to be heard from again.

Enjoy your retirement, Eddie.

Wrong. It's over 300k a fight, maybe closer to 500. "More than double UFC" is the speculated offer.

Eddie was making 150k, according to him, Dana offered him a marginal increase. Bare minimum is 310k a fight. Schaub has already heard rumors of 500k.

If that's true then good for him.

ONE on the other hand is overpaying by 3x if his market rate from the next bidder is 150k. What if they had offered him 200k instead of 500k, would he had said no?

ONE has about as much transparency as the windows on a Yakuza boss’s car. They don’t even release official weights anymore.

Where fighters go never to be heard from again.

Enjoy your retirement, Eddie.

Anybody who travels outside the Sherdog forum to get mma news knows that ONE gets a lot of coverage across the mma media.

Well, unlike Askren, Eddie went to the UFC and won a belt. He is done as a top 5 contender...may as well get the money.

Lol, UFC lowballed the shit out of him because he lost his last fight before renegotiating, as is their standard operating procedure with contracts. Wouldn't take a crazy offer from ONE to beat what they were giving him, in addition to being able to offer more fights per year, and more opportunities for sponsors.

IDK if the UFC was going to pay him a lot to be honest. He was kind of far from a titleshot there.

Just entered to Sherdog after a while to seee the reactions about this....
I wish Eddie 4 good years of beating mid level competition (aside Aoki rematch) and earnings of millions...
Hopefully they also ink and develop interesting prospects to fight Eddie... maybe even Askren can come back and both can fight at WW....

Does he immediately rematch Shinya Aoki?

Does he get KTFO'd by the muscular Filipino dude?

Back