Ecological effects of the Boston Tea Party?

BADodd06

Orange Belt
@Orange
Reaction score
During the Boston Tea Party it's estimated that 342 chests full of tea were dumped off the 3 ships and into the water. I'm not sure how far out that would disperse but that basically would have turned the whole harbor water into 100s or 1,000s of gallons of salty tea right? Can marine life live in diluted tea? I wonder what happened underwater as a result.........

Yes this is what was actually talked about at lunch today along with old arcade video games and marijuana legalization overlap with the opioid epidemic.

They say the lobsters still gather at noon for crumpets to this day.

Depends on what type of tea it is.

Crabs prefer earl gray, whereas the seaweed prefers a nice green tea

I remember reading a story about this a long time ago that said the Tea Party killed a shitload of fish and ruined life for others, dont know how scientific it was though

I remember reading a story about this a long time ago that said the Tea Party killed a shitload of fish and ruined life for others, dont know how scientific it was though

How do you ruin a fish's life if not by killing it? Where the fish no longer able to find jobs or something? Did their fish wives leave them for other fish?

How do you ruin a fish's life if not by killing it? Where the fish no longer able to find jobs or something? Did their fish wives leave them for other fish?
Many fish dreamed of being sushi, but had to make do being some rejects in the chowder mines.

Artist's rendition of middle class fish in 1780.

homeless-fish-stephen-ray.jpg

I live in Boston, and ever since then we've had wild, invasive tea choking our harbor. They have these boats that comb the harbor every march and October with what look like paddle wheels on the back, but they're covered with little tea cups to try and skim off enough for marine life and trade to function at a basic level. Also, our oysters are caffeinated now.

Once the tea dissipated did all the fish then swim over to the UK to get their next fix??
If this had been posted in the War Room I can guarantee it would have turned into some argument about taxation and inappropriate protests smh

Any fish in that water dieded. The tannins (tannic acid) produced by the tea would drop alkalinity, hardness, and pH. How much depends on what type of minerals are in the water, certain minerals will help act as a buffer so you don't see those swings. Temperatures would also drop because the sun can't penetrate the water as well either.
By now the water is all circulated into the ocean. The solution to pollution is dilution.

There was a molasses pipeline break in Hawaii a couple of years ago that destroyed a big area, everything from fish to coral.

Also gave the fish an English Accent.
I always thought they sounded more like Don Knotts.

guys i dont want to be the bearer of bad news but you are all wrong. there is a lot of bad info out there but my first hand expereince indicated fish, and all marine life fucking love snapple. every day after work all the fish in all of my many fish tanks come right to the top of the water and clap like i trained then with their little fins, indicating the want an ice cold snapple lemon tea as bad as anyone else with good taste. the lobsters and shrimp and junk like that that usually eat the shit from other animals on the bottom because they cant swin, even swim up to the top and give me little pinchy highfives for just one or 2 cases of snapple tea .

Back