Eastern European refugees, would liberals feel the same?

Don't you guys ever get tired of generalizing everybody? It seems like such a bizarre way to live life.
This is some revisionist fucking history

There is just no way to have a factual and reasonable conversation on anything involving refugees and race with these idiots. Two examples have been provided of white refugee populations that received more support from American liberals than conservatives, and yet the response is "reeeee, the hypocritical left doesn't care about refugees! They just hate white people!" It's like an avalanche of stupid emotion that can't be stopped.

I can't speak the US or other countries but Germany has taken in millions of people from Eastern Europe.
Not all of them refugees some would have to be considered German.

And the right was against that, not the left. The same arguments you hear now. End of Germany or Marxist conspiracy have been used against the people from Eastern Europe before.
And all things considered, it worked out ok.

Its not only about where the refugees are from, its also about who the refugees are.

in 90s with the war here in Croatia, most of our refugees were older people, women and children, while most capable men stayed home to defend our country.
croat-refugees-1991.jpg

In todays situation, what we get here in Europe as refugees, is basically these guys:
570154.jpeg

Now, i understand its a shitstorm of conflict over there and situation is different from the war we had here, but those clearly are also not the same type of refugees, and their religion/race is not the only thing where they differ, and its probably the least problematic part.
Do you have any source for the gender distribution for both groups of refugees? Would be interesting to see.

That's because the issues facing white South Africans have not vested yet. If they were penniless, engaged in war, and not able to fend for themselves, the conversation would be much different than "the South African government has legalized appropriation of their land for redistribution."

It's legitimately strange that you can't tell the difference between how dire the situation is for the Boers and how dire it is/was for groups like the Rohingya or Syrian civilians. As has been stated many times here, when white European countries were engaged in civil war and civilian death was imminent (Yugoslavia), those persons were granted refuge.

It's because they're white and you're a racist.

I can't speak the US or other countries but Germany has taken in millions of people from Eastern Europe.
Not all of them refugees some would have to be considered German.

And the right was against that, not the left. The same arguments you hear now. End of Germany or Marxist conspiracy have been used against the people from Eastern Europe before.
And all things considered, it worked out ok.
Germany actually took the highest amount of former Yugoslavian refugees during the war and post war. Pretty amazing what Germany has done for refugees since WW2.

https://www.nytimes.com/1992/07/24/world/yugoslav-refugee-crisis-europe-s-worst-since-40-s.html

aaaaaand here we have a typical surrender when presented with even a modicum of fact

Yugoslavian genocide was over 20 years ago. You can't honestly claim the left now is anything like it was 20+ years ago.

Look no further than the conflict in ukraine. The western leftist democracies ignored Ukranian cries during the war when it was worse than Syria at the time.

Liberals prefer to save brown people because the virtue signal radiates further.

The war in Ukraine worst than Syria?
Did you see the picture of Aleppo? That stuff looks like fucking Stalingrad.

Is this the part where I declare myself the winner because you dicktucked and ran away?

Yugoslavian genocide was over 20 years ago. You can't honestly claim the left now is anything like it was 20+ years ago.

So you admit that the most recent example disproves your assertion and that you don't have any more recent ones to validate it? Also the "race" argument you're making is just weird considering how many Middle Eastern and Latin American refugees/immigrants are white. Have you ever seen a citizen whose family is from Lebanon or Iran or Cuba, etc.? They are not dark-skinned people, and most can fairly easily pass as Western European.

Look at the thread on the Boers and it will answer this question.

So you admit that the most recent example disproves your assertion and that you don't have any more recent ones to validate it? Also the "race" argument you're making is just weird considering how many Middle Eastern and Latin American refugees/immigrants are white. Have you ever seen a citizen whose family is from Lebanon or Iran or Cuba, etc.? They are not dark-skinned people, and most can fairly easily pass as Western European.

20 years ago, prominent lefties were saying stuff like this.

It was a different time.

I wouldn't expect you to have a firm understanding of history though since you support the most genocidal and murderous political cult in history.

20 years ago, prominent lefties were saying stuff like this.

It was a different time.

Ok....what is that supposed to prove? How does that show that now the left would turn away white refugees?

You still haven't shown any evidence for this prediction and you haven't reconciled the spuriousness of whiteness as a unit of analysis given recent refugee populations.

Look at the thread on the Boers and it will answer this question.

Between this and your thread on the Woman's March, you're disappointing today.

Wtf? Yes, if the persons were fleeing war, poverty, or otherwise dangerous conditions, then the left would generally support granting them refuge, at least to a much greater extent than the right. Just like the (far) left was the only political group urging the United States to grant refuge to Jews during the Holocaust (granted, the extent of the danger facing them was not fully understood by the country).

I presume it was the same case for the (white) Bosnian and Croatian refugees of the 1990s: that the left supported taking them in and the right didn't. They were Eastern Europeans and were taken in primarily under Clinton, I believe.

Cool. Let's start helping the white South Africans trying to flee then?

One of the more interesting things I've seen here in Poland (in my short time here thus far) is that Ukranian refugeees are maligned but permitted..... anyone of color fleeing war.... not so much.

So the Poles reluctantly allow people from a nearby territory with lots of cultural, religious, and linguistic overlap but refuse people from further afield and that seems like proof of racism to you?

Ok....what is that supposed to prove? How does that show that now the left would turn away white refugees?

You still haven't shown any evidence for this prediction and you haven't reconciled the spuriousness of whiteness as a unit of analysis given recent refugee populations.

Between this and your thread on the Woman's March, you're disappointing today.

http://bfy.tw/KtjQ

TS, was this thread a slam dunk in your head?

Because this is reality:
tenor.gif

A better question is whether the ethnocentric nutjobs in this forum would be freaking out over "globalism" and "the great replacement" if an incoming wave of immigrants had a lighter skin tone.

Probably not seeing as how the EU has already been "flooded" by Slavs and we haven't heard as much bitching and moaning about that.

Have they been committing mass terrorism?

Back