Eastern European refugees, would conservatives feel the same?

Hit-N-Run

Brown Belt
@Brown
Reaction score
Would like an honest discussion. Would the right still be anti immigrant if the United States started getting flooded with millions of Caucasian immigrants? Or is their beliefs only dependent on skin color?

(See how easy it is to make a shit thread)

Would like an honest discussion. Would the right still be anti immigrant if the United States started getting flooded with millions of Caucasian immigrants? Or is their beliefs only dependent on skin color?

{<redford}

I feel the same as I do about Middle East/African immigrants.

Have skills, or at least a skill and no serious criminal past and come on over.

Bottom line don't be a tax sponge or hate the country you're immigrating to or it's residents.

Depends whether they said "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". That type of thing can really trigger the right.

The far greater issue is legal vs illegal, as well as abusing asylum laws (which is where Trump should his rhetoric on fixing, but he's too stupid and inflammatory for that) rather than their race

Depends whether they said "Merry Christmas" or "Happy Holidays". That type of thing can really trigger the right.
And they better not ask someone if they're male or female. That type of thing can really trigger the left.

When you consider that there is at least some form of anti immigrant resentment to Romanians, Poles, etc. in the UK then why wouldn't there be in the USA?

You were correct, your thread is shit.

The far greater issue is legal vs illegal, as well as abusing asylum laws (which is where Trump should his rhetoric on fixing, but he's too stupid and inflammatory for that) rather than their race

Legal v illegal, and sheer numbers. I don't think anyone cares about small numbers of people. But we could let in 100 million... would that be enough? It still wouldn't help the world's problems.

Eastern Europeans are probably pound for pound the best at math, physics, chemistry, computer science, etc.

Look at math/science olympiads and adjust for population size, and you'll see who comes out on top.

So if they have the skills and will fill vacant positions in your economy, then let them in. If they would simply over-saturate the low skill markets, or go immediately on government support, then too bad.

I'm opposed to illegal immigration from any country. And I don't think we should allow large amounts legal immigration.

Whenever there's a new influx of communities in our history there's been moral panic around how they may change the fabric of society.- Jasmin Zine, Wilfrid Laurier University

They are welcome in along with all others. The USA is like a big rave in the desert. Just as long as glow sticks are given out at their border crossings

Then when those damn robots are doing everything the real fun begins. And we can all live off the scraps uncle sam throws are way

They shouldn't have to cross the ocean to go to America first. They should seek Asylum in neighboring countries first.

Probably already mentioned, but the rich poor aspect is the key and not pro or anti-immigrant.If they will be taxing on our system then probably wanted less. A consumer/contributor from any country is more welcome though most want everyone to go through a legal process. We already accept more LEGAL immigrants from Mexico than any other country I believe. But yeah, it has more to do with that and just the legality of the overall. Brazil has a large percentage of whites but if they sent droves of poor whites up to the border, I think they would end up in the same category. Of course there ARE racists who just dont want someone based on skin color....

To want the peeps that come here to do so LEGALLY does not make one anti-immigrant. My wife and her family are Mexican and they dont want caravans here either. Has nothing to do with skin color for them. Overall, we can increase the number all over the world if necessary. We currently accept around 1M per year I think. But to not want caravans illegally trucking in is not in and of itself anti-immigrant. In addition, just the cost of processing and returning immigrants is incredible. A CNN report in 2017 stated that it costs approximately 10k to process, house, and return an illegal immigrant to their country of origin (https://money.cnn.com/2017/04/13/news/economy/deportation-costs-undocumented-immigrant/index.html). This would make the 10k coming cost around 100M to return. This type of stuff cannot continue and most would like the money spent on our own people. I myself like diversity which is why I learned a little from friends of various languages. But I do not want peeps just coming here freely either.

Trump did play to fear mongering imo to garner votes. I also think it is a real issue that peeps want addressed. Democrats have been largely silent due to mid terms etc. Both sides use these issues for political gain...

Last edited:

Isn’t this against the rules?

Yes, I think the right would still be opposed, just to a lesser degree.

Don't care where they come from but come legally and don't try and abuse the system to get in.

I think the answer is self-evident.

Back