Eastern Europe vs World: 7-1

It's almost as if this card and the Brazil cards are set up so that the local fighters win...
giphy.gif

giphy.gif

Yeah right, because Kunchenko got an easy fight vs Alves? And Murtazaliev got an easy fight vs CB? :rolleyes:
Both Alves and CB are washed up and well past their primes.

Alves lost 3 of his last 4 before that fight, CB lost 4 of his last 5 before this fight. I don't count his 'win' against Lombard via DQ.

is kunchenko a contender in the ufc now ?

why did taisunov struggle agianst green. i expected a crushing defeat.
I don't think Green is a top contender by any means, but I think he is better than most give him credit for. He is difficult to look good against. Even Josh Emmett struggled against him. He has a very weird style. His only clear loss was to a guy who is at least a WW in size.

Vs the world or vs some hand picked fighters who were likely to lose?

Lol TS. You fell for it.

Got to love people getting so pumped up because the locals won on a shitty UFC Fight Night card.
The thread doesn't really deserve the energy used in explaining the fallacy in the TS' post.

Yeah right, because Kunchenko got an easy fight vs Alves? And Murtazaliev got an easy fight vs CB? :rolleyes:

One was a 5-1 favorite and the other was almost a 2-1 favorite.Certainly favorable fights.

is kunchenko a contender in the ufc now ?

why did taisunov struggle agianst green. i expected a crushing defeat.

Because you overrated Taisumov as much as many here did.The guys a really good fighter but as I have been saying for a while,he's looked great because he was fighting some of the worst in the division consistently and crushing them as he should.Des Green is the best guy he's ever beaten.

any ring girl pics?

It's almost as if this card and the Brazil cards are set up so that the local fighters win...
I've actually been surprised in the past at some events, how the UFC give the home fighters reaaally tough fights, wouldn't they gain more from creating a stronger and more positive fan atmosphere?

If it wasn´t for Russians, he would be speaking Turkish right now (Dvalishvili)

UFC Fight Night 136:
  • Oleinik def. Hunt (NZ)
  • Kunchenko def. Alves (Bra)
  • Murtazaliev def. CB Dollaway (USA)
  • Yan def. Soo Son (S.Kor)
  • Khabilov def. Johnson (Can)
  • Taisumov def. Green (USA)
  • Johnson (USA) def. Yandiev
  • Dvalishvili def. Ware (USA)
(not counting the East Europe vs East Europe fights)

If not for Johnson it would have been a sweep for Eastern Europe. Still, Johnson thanked and praised Russia and Russian combat sports in his post fight speech, crediting them for his MMA career - so it basically counts as a win for Eastern Europe too. :D

Not that anybody cares, but the Ural Mountains in Russia mark the border, historically, between Europe and Asia, which means that Petr Yan is from Asia, not Eastern Europe. Any other Siberian fighters on the card? I don't think so....

UFC Fight Night 136:
  • Oleinik def. Hunt (NZ)
  • Kunchenko def. Alves (Bra)
  • Murtazaliev def. CB Dollaway (USA)
  • Yan def. Soo Son (S.Kor)
  • Khabilov def. Johnson (Can)
  • Taisumov def. Green (USA)
  • Johnson (USA) def. Yandiev
  • Dvalishvili def. Ware (USA)
(not counting the East Europe vs East Europe fights)

If not for Johnson it would have been a sweep for Eastern Europe. Still, Johnson thanked and praised Russia and Russian combat sports in his post fight speech, crediting them for his MMA career - so it basically counts as a win for Eastern Europe too. :D

Just a heads up. You had absolutely NOTHING to do with these wins. Even if you are located in the geographical epicenter of Eastern Europe, you still had NOTHING to do with these wins.

Why are you gloating?

That Khabilov fight was one of the worst robberies of the year. This card was rigged as hell to produce a result that makes Russian fighters look good.

I thought Khabilov won that fight. I disagreed with the Alves loss though. I thought it was a draw or Alves won 2 rounds to 1

Alves is way past prime and CB never had a prime.
Kunchenko and Murtazaliev had their debuts against UFC veterans. If they lost people would say they're "cans" because they never fought in the "big leagues".

It would be like Americans bragging because TJ beat Said Nurmagomedov.

Back