Easiest Path To Title Shot: Tyron Woodly?

Dude Tyron straight ruined the guy that everyone is crying for to get a title shot

Rose Namajunas has to take the medal.

None of you have heard of her, but she was involved in the first 115lb womens title fight, which she lost to Carla Esparza.

She was 2-1 at the time, coming off a loss. Same record as Brock when he got his shot except Brock wasn't coming off a loss at the time.
Nope her run on the reality show is way more quality than woodleys run the last 18 months

Gustafsson, although I guess you wouldn't call getting punched in the face by Rumble "easy." Had a great and close fight with DC so I can't complain.

No, no he wasn't. Jones didn't accept the fight where Sonnen was the replacement for Henderson. Then they ended up doing a whole season of TUF where it was Sonnen vs Jones.
Oh I forgot about that...but, Chael was coming off two 10-8 rounds against the greatest martial artist at the time in Anderson silva... So better than woodley

I always thought Justin Eilers had an easy path.

His previous fight with Arlovski he got KOd in the first round to Paul Buentello.

Penn, Couture, A. Silva and Nick Diaz had titleshots following losses but those were because of their legacies.

Woodley racked up 2 good wins and the UFC counted his canceled fight against Hendricks as a win hence the titleshot.

I always thought Justin Eilers had an easy path.

His previous fight with Arlovski he got KOd in the first round to Paul Buentello.
Post fox bro! When it became a real sport

Liz Carmouche

And also in before...

maxresdefault.jpg

Rose Namajunas has to take the medal.

None of you have heard of her, but she was involved in the first 115lb womens title fight, which she lost to Carla Esparza.

She was 2-1 at the time, coming off a loss. Same record as Brock when he got his shot except Brock wasn't coming off a loss at the time.

Didnt she beat the other girls at the TUF house tho? And to get a proper title shot she has another fight to win first, i dont think she has had easy title paths.

Frankie got a title shot at Aldo without fighting at FW IIRC.

It's ridiculous he got a title shot in that division off the back of that "run".

Back