Early Crawford/Postol PPV estimates

I can tell you here in Mexico he is still loved by most but even the diehard fans question his choice of opponent .

I think his ppv will suffer . I spoke with my American business friends and they won't be buying it for thier bars so that's telling

If. Canelo wins in spectacular ko than his next fights will be about Canelo and won't matter who he picks because his fans will just go watch to see him ko fighters
Hmmm, I don't know about that last part. If he caters to just to his fans then he can expect low numbers. Not sure what the number against Khan wound up but he brought a good amount of British buyers to that fight. If Canelo doesn't step up in class he's going to definely need to keep winning by spectacular KO. And then it would be basically being happy with lower PPV numbers. Not sure how many people love him enough to pay $60 for continous mismatches.

Robbie Lawler doesn't have much of a personality and doesn't really promote himself either and he is normally good for about 300K ppv buys. If Crawford could get to that level I would say that's pretty good.
Lawler headlines stacked cards though so that's a big difference. Lawler is also more of a Gatti than Canelo is. Lawler's last few fights have also basically been the same as Canelo fighting GGG, Jacobs and Quillin.

So this pulled in well under 80K PPV buys??
BWAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHHAA

That is hilarious!

I thought they needed 75k to break even

I thought they needed 75k to break even

How can they make a profit on that low of a number? Cable and satellite companies take damn near half off the top I believe, then the fighter payouts. That's not much revenue.

Actually they needed 80k to break even

For this Saturday’s fight between WBO light welterweight champion Terence Crawford (28-0, 20 KOs) and WBC 140lb champion Viktor Postol (28-0, 12 KOs) on HBO pay-per-view to break even, it will need 80,000 pay-per-view buys, according to LA Times writer Lance Pugmire. He says that Crawford and Postol’s promoter Bob Arum of Top Rank told him that.

http://www.boxingnewsresults.com/2016/07/crawford-vs-postol-needs-80k-ppv-buys-break-even/

Back