EA used to kick ass back in the day

Panmisiek

Banned
Banned
Reaction score
Check out this EA logo intro to the Clive Barker, crazy man. And the game itself deserve a remake as well.
Used to scare the shit out of me.

Now all EA is known for is FIFA, other sports games and Battlefield.

The Madden and NHL series are on a sharp decline and they're pandering to SJW nonsense in BF5 so yeah they've gotten a lot worse.

They were one of the main reasons I got a Genesis over SNES.

I think it was EA Nhl 94 or some shit my buddy had it on genesis we would play the fuck out of that shit for hours it was great

desert-strike-usa-europe.png

Was 2004(?) and i was playing a simulation called N2K3 made by Papyrus an published by Sierra. Late into the year Papyrus announced they were shutting their doors. EA came in and purchased the exclusive NASCAR gaming rights.

Real life Pro drivers who were part of our Sim-Racing community were payed by EA to promote their "Simulation". Pro drivers were exposed as shills and EA made a half ass'd game. After the game flopped EA reverted back to making arcade style console games. Basically killing off the Pc simulation community. 14 years later it still hasnt recovered.

Was 2004(?) and i was playing a simulation called N2K3 made by Papyrus an published by Sierra. Late into the year Papyrus announced they were shutting their doors. EA came in and purchased the exclusive NASCAR gaming rights.

Real life Pro drivers who were part of our Sim-Racing community were payed by EA to promote their "Simulation". Pro drivers were exposed as shills and EA made a half ass'd game. After the game flopped EA reverted back to making arcade style console games. Basically killing off the Pc simulation community. 14 years later it still hasnt recovered.
Oh man, mentioning NASCAR and Papyrus takes me back. I used to play the very first one on my buddy's PC (a Packard Bell 486).

hqdefault.jpg

Did you ever play Grand Prix Legends? It's based on open wheel racing from the 60s and is the hardest sim I've ever played.

I'm still salty over not getting a Bulletstorm sequel.

Did you ever play Grand Prix Legends? It's based on open wheel racing from the 60s and is the hardest sim I've ever played.

Briefly. I was in the the top leagues of N2K3 at the time and all my focus was on practice. Im not joking, was logging 6-8 hours of practice each day in N2K3 on improving.

Months before i got an Alpha invite to iRacing i started playing older simulations.

Briefly. I was in the the top leagues of N2K3 at the time and all my focus was on practice. Im not joking, was logging 6-8 hours of practice each day in N2K3 on improving.

Months before i got an Alpha invite to iRacing i started playing older simulations.
Which wheel were you using? I had a Logitech GT Force.
Then you had the Sega Ferrari game with 3 screens that was tough as nails and manual only.

f355-1.jpg

Which wheel were you using? I had a Logitech GT Force.

Logitech Black MoMo with the broken throttle pedometer, lol. Every two months like clockwork I was at CompUSA exchanging the wheel for a new one. Logitech eventually put out a software patch fixing it.

Most people i knew used the TSW wheel. But i reaaaallly wanted the ECCI wheel/pedal setup that cost 1K.

Triple CRT monitors started to become a thing. But LCD monitors just hit the market. Costing a baseline $450 for a non-widescreen 19" LCD monitor. Plus you needed to buy that adapter (think it was called TripleHead?) to extend your resolution size across the three monitors. Then Alienware announced they were working on a widescreen curved monitor. Which was basically three stitched together LCD monitors so i decided to wait for that.

Logitech Black MoMo with the broken throttle pedometer, lol. Every two months like clockwork I was at CompUSA exchanging the wheel for a new one. Logitech eventually put out a software patch fixing it.

Most people i knew used the TSW wheel. But i reaaaallly wanted the ECCI wheel/pedal setup that cost 1K.

Triple CRT monitors started to become a thing. But LCD monitors just hit the market. Costing a baseline $450 for a non-widescreen 19" LCD monitor. Plus you needed to buy that adapter (think it was called TripleHead?) to extend your resolution size across the three monitors. Then Alienware announced they were working on a widescreen curved monitor. Which was basically three stitched together LCD monitors so i decided to wait for that.
Yeah I thought I was a baller because the GT Force was like $150 when it came out. Then I found out how that's nothing for a quality wheel and setup.

Dude, I remember seeing the Sims 3 on Origin. To get the full game, it's like 500 bucks. Same with Sims 4. They are gotdamn crooks.

Crooks?

Not if you know the price before you pay it.

I was referring to the microtransactions and lootboxes.

Their last "major" era was the mid-to-late 2000s. Just look at some of the games they published and developed around that time:

• Battlefield 2 (2005)
  • Burnout Revenge (2005)
  • Battlefield 2142 (2006)
  • Command & Conquer 3 (2007)
  • Crysis (2007)
  • Mass Effect (2007)
  • Medal of Honor: Airborne (2007)
  • Skate (2007)
  • Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 (2008)
  • Dead Space (2008)
  • Mirror's Edge (2008)
  • Dragon Age: Origins (2009)
  • Need for Speed: Shift (2009)
  • Battlefield: Bad Company 2 (2010)
  • Mass Effect 2 (2010)
  • Need for Speed: Hot Pursuit (2010)
  • Dead Space 2 (2011)
  • Need for Speed: Most Wanted (2012)

That is one insane list if you ask me. Many of those games were hugely influential. I think MoH: Airborne is the weakest of them all, but I always enjoyed it.

It's hard to believe how far EA has fallen since then.

Burnout, Command & Conquer, Crysis, Dead Space, and Medal of Honor are essentially dead. That's five major franchises gone.

Mass Effect and Need for Speed have completely lost themselves.

Battlefield and Dragon Age are the only franchises still standing tall, though Battlefield has most recently come under very heavy fire for its SJW bullshit. Will it be the next to fall? Who knows.

And I didn't even include the sports franchises. Remember Fight Night? Yeah--dead and gone. Fight Night Champion, from 2011, was the last game in the franchise. I'm telling you man, EA went to shit right after the late 2000s.

Back