EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

So hard to get KOs now they definitely went overboard nerfing strikes or buffing chin, since all the beta bitching about 1 punch KOs etc. Had a guy quit playing soon as round 1 started, It took 30 uninterrupted power strikes to KO him, unacceptable.

Last edited:
So career mode is garbage. Same linear BS but they dropped the training mini-games this year and added a useless social media aspect. Who doesn't love to read fake social media comments saying how much you suck after each match?

The "Rival" system is a crock of shit. Your "Rival" is determined by whichever random character sends you a "Tweet" calling you out after a fight. You have no say in the matter and the only interactions you have with your rival are through "Tweets"

I started my career 0-4 before dropping the difficulty to "Normal". After winning 1 fight I was told my next fight I'm being scoped out by Dana White on "Looking for a fight". I win the fight ( which has some horrible commentary by Dana and Serra with audio clips ripped straight from the show) and now I'm signed to the UFC with a record of 2-4 LOL

Once you're in the UFC, It's the same BS as before. Pick 1 of 3 fighters, simulate training, fight.

You have no idea what's going on in the UFC outside of your fighter. No access to rankings, ability to view AI simulated cards and you can't even see your opponents fight history outside of their numerical record.

AI is frustrating as fuck to play against and some of the matches I feel like turning the game off because it isn't fun, at all. For example, I get my first top 10 opponent in Anthony Pettis, and in the fight Pettis stay PERFECTLY out of range at all times, refusing to engage. If I stand completely still doing nothing is the only time I can even get him to fake moving forward. Only strikes he throws are cartwheel kicks and spinning shit.
It's just retarded bs I got the game because they was saying this and that about the career mode and it's just all flash and no substance. I ran through MW destroying everyone then get to Bisping and his shit is boost beyond what it should be. He somehow gain one punch KO power and olympic level TDD if I do get it to the ground his sweeps are unstoppable. I don't know his they boost champions to make title fights harder or what but it's stupid.

Reading all this feedback and now regretting drunkenly preordering this....I enjoyed the beta but something I was really looking forward to was the career mode. I don't care about the social media crap but all I want is variety

The reviews are surprisingly very good so far, I say that cause here everyone has barely said 1 positive thing about it.

So career mode is garbage. Same linear BS but they dropped the training mini-games this year and added a useless social media aspect. Who doesn't love to read fake social media comments saying how much you suck after each match?

The "Rival" system is a crock of shit. Your "Rival" is determined by whichever random character sends you a "Tweet" calling you out after a fight. You have no say in the matter and the only interactions you have with your rival are through "Tweets"

I started my career 0-4 before dropping the difficulty to "Normal". After winning 1 fight I was told my next fight I'm being scoped out by Dana White on "Looking for a fight". I win the fight ( which has some horrible commentary by Dana and Serra with audio clips ripped straight from the show) and now I'm signed to the UFC with a record of 2-4 LOL

Once you're in the UFC, It's the same BS as before. Pick 1 of 3 fighters, simulate training, fight.

You have no idea what's going on in the UFC outside of your fighter. No access to rankings, ability to view AI simulated cards and you can't even see your opponents fight history outside of their numerical record.

AI is frustrating as fuck to play against and some of the matches I feel like turning the game off because it isn't fun, at all. For example, I get my first top 10 opponent in Anthony Pettis, and in the fight Pettis stay PERFECTLY out of range at all times, refusing to engage. If I stand completely still doing nothing is the only time I can even get him to fake moving forward. Only strikes he throws are cartwheel kicks and spinning shit.

what about GOAT mode?

Is that the same as career mode?

I can't wait to play as Whittaker, he was pretty bad in EA UFC 2, but now his stats are a bit better.

The reviews are surprisingly very good so far, I say that cause here everyone has barely said 1 positive thing about it.

Maybe reviewers are more casual/non-fans and people here are much more discerning.

Got the regular edition pre ordered . I don't really care about career mode so wasn't going to pay $20 to get it 3 days early.

So hard to get KOs now they definitely went overboard nerfing strikes or buffing chin, since all the beta bitching about 1 punch KOs etc. Had a guy quit playing soon as round 1 started, It took 30 uninterrupted power strikes to KO him, unacceptable.

Saw a vid of a guy rock his opponent 12 times in the same round without finishing him. Pretty silly IMO.

Picked up 2 champion editions at Walmart for me and my bro. Can't wait to give this a thorough playthrough

Game feels too arcadey for my liking right now. Little to no stamina penalty for guys spamming kicks. I also noticed if you defend a takedown, the guy defending loses more stamina than the guy attempting and failing?

Derek Lewis has a spinning hook kick, like what?

Game feels too arcadey for my liking right now. Little to no stamina penalty for guys spamming kicks. I also noticed if you defend a takedown, the guy defending loses more stamina than the guy attempting and failing?

Derek Lewis has a spinning hook kick, like what?

Wow did they nerf stamina penalty from the beta? That was one of the things I liked was if you throw a punch of head kicks with no setup, you're going to get tired.

I landed 21 straight bombs, most were uppercuts on an abandoned Overeem w/ Ngannou. Took me majority of the round to finally stop him lol.

Wow did they nerf stamina penalty from the beta? That was one of the things I liked was if you throw a punch of head kicks with no setup, you're going to get tired.
Didn't play much of the beta but for example I fought Stephen Thompson playing as the legend CM Punk online. I was working my boxing combos, limiting my power shots, while Thompson was spamming power body kicks and side kicks to the head. By the 3rd round, my stamina was zapped even though I was significantly more accurate and was out landing him with less strikes thrown. He knocks me out and I check the stats and not only did I outland him up until that point, but he had thrown over a 100 more strikes than me, most of which were power shots and he still had significantly more stamina by the end of the fight which makes no fucking sense.

I dont think stamina stuff was changed but the conditions for stamina loss are a bit different from what I'd like it to be. Hitting your opponents body while he is rocked will apparently deplete his stamina a lot. And using moves while your stamina bar is not fully recovered will drain yours. Missing strikes will drain stamina too.

I just want higher drain on striking output. When my opponent is much more active than me in the first round, I should be having the stamina advantage. The game does not seem to do that, from what I am seeing anyway.

just played some fight now / all modes and am loving it against the cpu as i'm learning the new controls. i bumped the damage slider up a few points and i've already stopped conor mcgregor with leg kicks using gaethje and my nick diaz just boxed up tyron woodley to a first round ko.

i may try the other modes, but as long as the fight now, tournament and create ppv mode work fine this is the best mma game yet.

I dont think stamina stuff was changed but the conditions for stamina loss are a bit different from what I'd like it to be. Hitting your opponents body while he is rocked will apparently deplete his stamina a lot. And using moves while your stamina bar is not fully recovered will drain yours. Missing strikes will drain stamina too.

I just want higher drain on striking output. When my opponent is much more active than me in the first round, I should be having the stamina advantage. The game does not seem to do that, from what I am seeing anyway.

Well put. The conditions are not ideal. It is largely about body shots and missed strikes.

They also need to penalize blocking more. People just hold block like a force field. Even if you break it down you gas by the time it would be useful.

I am enjoying the game so far. Starting to understand the underlying mechanics of striking. I am not getting flash rocked as often and am starting to figure out how to punish the swaying. I rely a lot on gassing my opponent and then use movement and distance to frustrate them into mistakes.

The only problem with striking well is it gets my opponents taking me down more. I still struggle with the ground game. I am fine at the basics but I get stuck on bottom against the better grapplers. I cant ever seem to get up, i can transition and deny all over but always get stuffed getting up.

Reading all this feedback and now regretting drunkenly preordering this....I enjoyed the beta but something I was really looking forward to was the career mode. I don't care about the social media crap but all I want is variety
you'll have the variety you want when you get booted out of your gym due to them forcing you to fight someone who trains at that camp. So even though you wasted all you money at some wrestling gym got the max discount became one of the coaches you get booted because the UFC forces you to fight a 51 year old dan henderson. So you say fuck it you got money you go to a kickboxing gym and the same shit happens again because you're forced to defend against Robert Whittaker. So finally you look for a gym where there is no one in your weightclass and you hope they don't have GSP come up to MW or force you to go to WW.

I'm getting leg kick Kos like crazy! Ronda, Stipe and McGregor x2 all went home in a wheelchair.

Man I can barely function with the full game. It's weird. I dont know what it is. I feel like I'm playing in mud compared to the beta.

I'm a hair over .500 online. I dominated the beta. I can't seem to get combos to flow at all.

I can't seem to block a damn transition despite getting really proficient at the ground game the last few weeks in UFC 2.

Just feels very unresponsive online.

I got some practice to do.

Back