EA UFC 3, v1: All Old Threads

Status
Not open for further replies.

ArtemV

Gold Belt
@Gold
Reaction score
Nothing has been announced yet, and it is probably too early.

But what are the things you want added/changed to the game?

Obviously the starting roster was great, and added some fighters later in the year.

But I would like the announcers to announce the whole name in career mode, for example.. not like 'fighting out of Las Vegas, Nevada.. the Predator.... they did a great job of this in UFC Undisputed 3, they gave you an optional nickname, and a first and second name from a big list of recorded names.

More cities to be from/fight out of.

fighters' stats fixed.. no more ADCC gold medlaist Conor McGregor, Robbie Lawler who walks through every one of your shots and has ridiculous speed (as in real life, he doesn't have these attributes), Valentina Shevchenko to have better stats; Rousey and Holm are better strikers than her on the game, lol.

Your thoughts?

Id like for EA to stop being pussies and make the game more realistic. If i'm Mark hunt, one power right hand landed clean should at the very least rock the opponent. It shouldn't take 30 of them landed before damage is done

Id like for EA to stop being pussies and make the game more realistic. If i'm Mark hunt, one power right hand landed clean should at the very least rock the opponent. It shouldn't take 30 of them landed before damage is done
Yeah, when I was playing as Mcgregor vs Cerrone (who has a decent chin), I landed like 20 left straights and none of them did any real damage/

I want one-punch KO's to be more frequent. I'd also like them to redo the ground game and submissions. Maybe doctor stoppage possibilities, and early ref controversial stoppages as well.

Agreed with what others have said - flash KO's and knockdowns need to be more common for well timed strikes to make it feel more realistic. I don't think that will happen because the best players wouldn't want their record tarnished by bums throwing haymakers lol, but right now flash KOs don't happen, and knockdowns/rocking your opponent only happen if you string together a mortal kombat level combo. It would be nice to have a well timed left hook counter stun your opponent - but balancing that WITHOUT rewarding power punch spamming is the trick, not sure how it would be implemented.

I don't have many complaints about EA UFC 2, will be happy if they build on it TBH. They badly need more single player modes and a better career mode. Maybe some more online options too, like fight camps (which THQ tried to do and failed badly), striking only mode, grappling only mode, etc.

Outside of the Gameplay mechanics you guys have stated which I agree with I want a better career mode. Something along the lines of how NBA 2K does it. Might be hard to pull of with how unpredictable mma is but still if made right could be a lot of fun.

a "realness mode" i think undisputed 3 had something like that. the setting was "simulation".

also, i wish there was more variety and movement possibility when you get knocked down.
also, i wish that if you knock an opponent down, you can pounce for a submission, but i don't think you can. it always goes to a stupid GNP animation.

tournament mode like in undisputed.

oh. and i think it would be great if you can keep throwing after the bell rings. so you have to stop striking on your own and if you don't you get a DQ.

and maybe headbutts and groin shots like in Fight Night.

and special eye poke move for jones

Same monster sized roster, better/more realistic event mode like in Undisputed 3 & an actually good playlist. All I need.

Better career mode and get rid of the shit body jab, cross spam to head kick damage multiplier, especially after party spamming lol.

Flash submissions. For example, when you have a fighter with a submission offence level >90 and you're facing a guy with low submission defense skills and no stamina, I think you should be able to hook in the submission without having to go through 5 stages of a mini-game.

Like stated multiple times above, a "realistic" mode should be added. If you take one or two hits from Mark Hunt, you should be rocked or KO'd, depending on your fighter. In EA UFC 2, I kan head-kick a guy 20 times in a round and he's still standing.

Stats for head movement and footwork. With the improved striking in MMA, distance, footwork and head movement are getting more and more important. McGregor and Garbrandt have showed this in their fights and it's one of the main weapons of Anderson Silva's game. Right now, the movement of each fighter feels pretty much the same, which shouldn't be the case.

Having the ability to fake strikes. While playing online, a lot of players anticipate a certain move and will throw a counter. For example, if I throw a body kick, I will most likely be countered by a straight or headkick. When I'm able to fake the body kick and have my opponent react, I can counter his counter, which adds more depth to the striking game. Think of the moment when Bones countered Machida's left straight counter punch.

I would prefer EA to bring back the Fight Night series vs another UFC game. I've always liked THQ's UFC games better than EAs.

But if they do EA UFC 3 I would like to see a story mode and a sim mode. There is no excuse for them not to be including other Orgs. They have the Rights to Pride, Strikeforce, WEC, WFA, Shooto, Vale Tudo Japan, IFL,etc...

To me it's stupid that they focus on a huge roster over a good single player or story mode. I could give a fuck less about being Chad LaPrise. If anything they should be focusing on adding legends like Don Frye, Marco Ruas, Ken Shamrock, Tank Abott etc...

They also have a deal with Glory and that would be cool it they could use the Glory ring and big gloves for a kickboxing mode.

A no holds barred mode with UFC 1 rules with the Old School cage and old school fighters would be cool too,

Last edited:
Man, i've landed absolutely beautiful counters that have done nothing to my opponents and had me just shaking my head and saying "Really dude, nothing?".

At the very least, beef up the counter damage and even lower the counter window if you have to.....to reward a perfectly timed and placed counter shot.

Reboot (rather than update) the whole thing, and have fans of the sport among the devs that understand its nuances. I have more fun playing UFC Undisputed 3, which is a way older game.

Last edited:
I would also much prefer them to bring back Fight Night. They need to take their time with the next UFC game and get it right, the first two have been fucking atrocious.

Hopefully to make the game not suck dick like the last 2

Let THQ make the next one. Undisputed 3 is still the best MMA game to date.

Consider to can the series and make a fight night game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back