EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Discussion in 'Video Game Forum' started by 1PunchKO, Jan 29, 2018.

1. Brandon Taylor

Brandon Taylor Brown Belt

I haven't played ultimate team, it just seems so lackluster after years of playing Madden ultimate team. In looking at it they seem to have implemented all the pay to play features from Madden without any of the fun stuff that makes people play the mode in Madden.

In Madden i can play ultimate team all day without even playing a match. Just working the auction house, trading cards, completing sets, building coins off solos, cashing in on promos and building my team. Ultimate team is like it's own entire game. In UFC it just seems to be pay money or play with a crappier fighter than your opponent with little more to engage with.

2. U O E N O

U O E N O Underrated Legend. Siver HOF 2022

How do you throw fucking overhangs while in boxing range?<36> And there is no way to slip it either. You can move your head to the same side it’s coming from and still get rocked as the forearm bounces off the top of your head. Shit looks ridiculous

mikebkr likes this.
  3. mikebkr

mikebkr Blue Belt

Yeah the overhand is ridiculously overpowered now. It's the main strike that ends up KOing me. All you can do is block it and even then it caused massive damage. People usually just spam jab/straight then overhand. It counters literally every strike you do perfectly as well.

U O E N O likes this.
  4. U O E N O

U O E N O Underrated Legend. Siver HOF 2022

Yea everyone throws this lightening fast overhead with the power of prime Chuck Liddell. It’s sucks how many steps back this game is from 2

5. LogicalFighting

LogicalFighting Purple Belt

i still play EA UFC 2; this third game seemed clunky and retarded looking so i haven't got around to getting it. probably a good thing.

6. Brandon Taylor

Brandon Taylor Brown Belt

Seems like the last patch made the game way less enjoyable. It didnt change the ground game in anyway that I notice (I avoid the ground and usually just try to get back up, I am sure people who focus on the ground notice the changes more). But it made it so that the best strategy standing seems to be to just plant your feet, bite down on your mouthguard and swing for the fences.

I have tried a ton of strategies standing but with every defensive option nerfed I find I win more often just standing in the pocket throwing combos. I like using the lunges and head movement but it seems way too 50/50 on if it will actually evade the strike it is supposed to evade. Like I will sway an uppercut and it still lands half the time.

Also i have had a lot of inputs dropped lately, does anyone else have that issue? I will throw a 3 or 4 strike combo and only the first and last strike will come out. Or only one strike will come out and then I just stand there looking like an idiot.

7. WalkenWouldOwn

WalkenWouldOwn Steel Belt

I havent noticed the dropped input problem personally, but I definitely agree that it seems like just trading hooks is the most effective strategy now.

I thought back sway was supposed to avoid hooks but it very rarely seems to work. The only head movement I use often is the slip straight to counter the jab, everything else will get you demolished by combos. Lunges are OK sometimes but for the most part just having the faster and more powerful puncher and planting your feet to trade combos is what it comes down to.

There were some small improvements to grappling I guess. Back mount isn't as safe to just hang out in forever without moving.. otherwise most things seem the same.

Brandon Taylor likes this.
  8. Primanator

Primanator Orange Belt

Why can’t I see the name tag of more than half my opponents?