EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

how so...?

I mean it’s weird. I understand the changes that were made and why they did it. Too many people abusing head movement to fish for counters. Jabs and straights being virtually useless. But now they’ve made them so powerful that players are just now bumrushimg you mashing square triange to break your block. In play a measured style where I try to gauge distance and pick shots. I played guys who I have like 5-6 wins already on and I would usually spank. But with this new striking changes and changes to headmovement(still not seeing the point of this minor/major sway) guys are just steam rolling me. Have my wins since the patch is just me swinging for my life. Once this new style catches on I don’t think it will be a good experience

I was unaware of the changes in the patch. Played 3 matches online against jab-cross spammers, tried to sway/duck the punches I knew were coming, but I couldn't. I was Eddie Alvarez and there was a good 0,5 second delay between me pushing the right stick and my character actually moving, resulting in getting hit with shots that I saw coming. Not good.

So far I don't understand the new patch. I am getting knocked out in the first round a lot. In the stats I am out landing my opponents 2 to 1 and then just randomly getting knocked out off a jab or straight.

Back lunge doesn't work very well they just keep punching and it like pulls them into me. I duck and hold it and hooks still hit me. I am hoping I will adjust but I can't figure out anything that works but just throwing jab straights and hoping I get the random KO. I feel like we went from rock, paper, scissors to just rock, paper

So far I don't understand the new patch. I am getting knocked out in the first round a lot. In the stats I am out landing my opponents 2 to 1 and then just randomly getting knocked out off a jab or straight.

Back lunge doesn't work very well they just keep punching and it like pulls them into me. I duck and hold it and hooks still hit me. I am hoping I will adjust but I can't figure out anything that works but just throwing jab straights and hoping I get the random KO. I feel like we went from rock, paper, scissors to just rock, paper

Agreed. Lots of confusing KO's and rocks. I've found myself wrestling more than ever lol. And I never relief much on head movement so not sure yet why I'm losing exchanges

Well you can blame players like Martial Mind for this. I hate when devs appease the wants of a few players while shitting on the community. This patch is garbage. Striking feels like two with the combo multiplier except the damage is way higher. There are practically no defense options. Stamina is out of wack. Seeing rounds where guys are throwing min 150 strike each. Jabs and straights just melting block and there is not option to counter because you will get rocked

Oh yea Uppercuts are now instant KOs now. Remember how they said leg damage played a part in the grappling? Well good luck shooting now. Gotten straight KO off a single uppercut several times now trying to shoot a double on a hurt opponent

Eventually got around to play since the patch has been installed. Hm I am unsure. It is nice, but I feel like uppercut spammers are back in force and some of my opponents have just been like sponges. Most damage doesn't do anything to them.

Okay, yes. Uppercuts need to be turned down slightly.. all guys ever do now is sway and uppercut; or uppercut combos.

Fights go way too quickly now. In the 15 matches I have played so far, only 2 have went to the second round. But this patch is not okay. Head movement is useless.

Fights go way too quickly now. In the 15 matches I have played so far, only 2 have went to the second round. But this patch is not okay. Head movement is useless.

Yea it is. I’m still not understanding the minor/major thing. It seems like a mechanic they put in so people don’t complain about how hard they nerfed sway. Because it’s pretty worthless and it’s not fluid at all.

They really don’t seem like they knew what they were doing with this game. It’s gone from straights having no power to being able to KO you in one shot. Also I can’t almost ever recover after being dropped, I might have done it once or twice in dozens and dozens of fights. That mechanic seems almost useless.

Last edited:
Oh yea Uppercuts are now instant KOs now. Remember how they said leg damage played a part in the grappling? Well good luck shooting now. Gotten straight KO off a single uppercut several times now trying to shoot a double on a hurt opponent

I got 1 punch KO'd by an opponent who was 100% gassed. I was dominating the fight, it was 3rd round, he was rocked to the body with zero stamina, I went in to finish with a body hook and 1 uppercut sends me flying back unconscious lol. My chin was not very damaged either.

I definitely think the patch makes things worse. I think things were fine, and just a little more stamina tax on head movement would have helped.

Now countering is VERY difficult especially if they just throw jabs and straights. It seems like picking a power puncher and just charging forward with jabs and straights is pretty tough to beat right now.

I am kicking a lot of ass lately. For once, a patch works to my advantage.
And I rarely use power punchers, I prefer to outfight. I am a decent brawler, too, which helps.

Agreed. It's trash. Fights are 20 seconds long, whoever hits hardest and fights most aggressively is winning most of the time. Counters are harder to land now and aren't enough to stop the constant swinging from my opinion, not enough risk for the button masher to worry about.

The worst thing they did though IMO was ramp up the one punch KO's and make recovering almost impossible. Traaaaash.

Agreed. It's trash. Fights are 20 seconds long, whoever hits hardest and fights most aggressively is winning most of the time. Counters are harder to land now and aren't enough to stop the constant swinging from my opinion, not enough risk for the button masher to worry about.

The worst thing they did though IMO was ramp up the one punch KO's and make recovering almost impossible. Traaaaash.
Then why am I winning as an outfighter?

Game is more punishing, I’ll agree - but I love that fights feel more perilous and dangerous, chaotic even.

Damn i think ima buy ps plus again just to play this patch, im very good at straights and jabs had a lot of success spamming them and then punishing the head movement.
My worry is that combinations are too op now? Like do people just spam some combinations and wreck you, or is it 1-2 fest and whoever cam spam better wins?

Damn i think ima buy ps plus again just to play this patch, im very good at straights and jabs had a lot of success spamming them and then punishing the head movement.
My worry is that combinations are too op now? Like do people just spam some combinations and wreck you, or is it 1-2 fest and whoever cam spam better wins?

It is a lot of 1-2 but where they really get nasty is when they start mixing in the 1-2-3-4. or the 1-2-5, makes it hard to get distance and takes away the head movement.

The tuner today helped a lot. There was a health glitch that is now fixed.

The tuner today helped a lot. There was a health glitch that is now fixed.

Yeah it is much better now. I must have turned it on right after the leaderboard reset, I went 11-2 and was ranked 23rd. Nice to be on the boards even if only temporary.

Back