EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Cruz and Mighty Mouse players also do this. Using their footwork and speed to throw crazy volumes.

I hate that you can't combo off Cruz's moving jab, except for the 1-2. I like using him except that is a huge deal breaker for me because I jab a lot and work most of my combos off it.

Still playing, though less since I got Bloodborne. Agree with your take on the patch.

I really wish submissions were a realistic option. The only possible way to sub anyone seems to be picking diaz or Ortega and using the triangle sub switch. Am I crazy?

I just subbed some newb who was Bruce Lee. I had him gassed in the first and it still took me 4 attempts to sub him. I could have got the KO standing at anytime. They need to find some way to balance subs without overpowering them. It should be a major threat on the ground, make people defend the sub first and it would also make getting up a bit easier which i also think is needed.

Me too. I actually think the grappling and clinch make these games suck. No one wants to sit and play super frustrating mini games in the middle of a fight. They need to rebuild that whole part of the game and make it feel active instead of feeling like a complete stop in the action. I see it like if mortal kombat had you stop and solve a puzzle mid match
same, I wish they had a stand up only mode online

same, I wish they had a stand up only mode online

I think they are too worried about that mode killing the MMA mode. The MMA mode would only have the 40 or so guys that like to lay on people on each console. I think the number of people who like the ground fighting on this game are pretty limited. There are a lot who want to like the ground game and try to like it but I doubt they would choose MMA mode if they didnt have to.

Fuck ultimate team. I already used three gold coins to get a gold CAF, grinded to get another three gold coins hoping to get a gold CAF with a different skill or in a different division and what do I get? The same fucking skill in the same fucking division! Thanks EA.

Where all the xbox gamers up in here? Lol

I could get a few locals to join up for a tourney some time.

And whats up this weekend @Brandon Taylor ?.

I think im ready for another title shot
:sniper:

Here’s a compilation of finishes and rage quits i made

Not sure why people quit, i was getting my ass handed to me savagely and I couldn't figure out the timing at all which ended up in a brutal knockout loss. Still had fun because it was like a puzzle, win some lose some.

Where all the xbox gamers up in here? Lol

I could get a few locals to join up for a tourney some time.

And whats up this weekend @Brandon Taylor ?.

I think im ready for another title shot
:sniper:

Sorry, had a busy weekend. Hit me up tonight or whenever you are on next. I am ready for battle lol

Does anybody think ducking and weaving (without throwing counters) useless? I have done it with JDS many times and he just sits there eating hooks and any punches.

When guys throw 1-2-hook-hook it is almost impossible to dodge and avoid. It almost instantaneously rocks you and you cannot do anything about it. Also when guys spam uppercuts and you throw good shots.. but uppercuts always win the exchanges.

Does anybody think ducking and weaving (without throwing counters) useless? I have done it with JDS many times and he just sits there eating hooks and any punches.

When guys throw 1-2-hook-hook it is almost impossible to dodge and avoid. It almost instantaneously rocks you and you cannot do anything about it. Also when guys spam uppercuts and you throw good shots.. but uppercuts always win the exchanges.

Well head movement works if you are moving correctly to avoid the strike your opponent is throwing, which is the way it should work IMO. If you are just bobbing and weaving randomly in front of them, they should be able to hit you. But if you correctly predict what they are going to throw and use head movement to avoid it, it works pretty well. If someone is throwing a lot of hooks you can block, sway backwards, then either counter or block again. They will get a stamina penalty if you sway correctly

If they are jabbing a lot, duck will avoid it. If they are uppercutting then swaying to the left or right will avoid it.... it's game of rock paper scissors. Admittedly it's not my strong suit. I use the back lunge and backsway a lot especially against very aggressive strikers but usually I am the one getting countered rather than countering lol.

But yeah basically if your opponent is just swaying around randomly, plant your feet and throw 2 or 3 hooks at them and they will get hit hard.

I won the title in my div last night from a rage quit. The guy was holloway and threw nearly 100 strikes in the first 2 min. I got rocked he followed me down fully gassed and I recovered into guard. I was Ortega and promptly finished a guillotine and as usual the rage quit happened in the 4th gate. I have 9 subs total... I have won the title with more than 9 subs but everyone seems to rage quit.

I won the title in my div last night from a rage quit. The guy was holloway and threw nearly 100 strikes in the first 2 min. I got rocked he followed me down fully gassed and I recovered into guard. I was Ortega and promptly finished a guillotine and as usual the rage quit happened in the 4th gate. I have 9 subs total... I have won the title with more than 9 subs but everyone seems to rage quit.

Yeah the sub gets the rage quit a lot. I tend to spend the first two rounds gassing people out and then the third attacking. That also gets a lot of rage quits in the second round when they realize they cant win and have a round and a half to go

Well head movement works if you are moving correctly to avoid the strike your opponent is throwing, which is the way it should work IMO. If you are just bobbing and weaving randomly in front of them, they should be able to hit you. But if you correctly predict what they are going to throw and use head movement to avoid it, it works pretty well. If someone is throwing a lot of hooks you can block, sway backwards, then either counter or block again. They will get a stamina penalty if you sway correctly

If they are jabbing a lot, duck will avoid it. If they are uppercutting then swaying to the left or right will avoid it.... it's game of rock paper scissors. Admittedly it's not my strong suit. I use the back lunge and backsway a lot especially against very aggressive strikers but usually I am the one getting countered rather than countering lol.

But yeah basically if your opponent is just swaying around randomly, plant your feet and throw 2 or 3 hooks at them and they will get hit hard.

Damn i need to start working more hooks in my game i guess,im stuck on jabs,uppercuts,with the overhand but rarely using hooks.

Been focused too much on low kicks since that is the ONE thing to avoid really.lol

Damn i need to start working more hooks in my game i guess,im stuck on jabs,uppercuts,with the overhand but rarely using hooks.

Been focused too much on low kicks since that is the ONE thing to avoid really.lol

Uppercuts are still very powerful but if your opponent is swaying a lot, planted hooks are the counter for that definitely

Fuck yeah! 2 fight win streak and my ranked record stands at 6-25 now.

giphy.gif

My wins are Overeem 4,Gus 2.

My record at LHW-HW is close to 6-15 lol

Would blocking a punch still officially be counted as a landed strike?

Just realized i pretty much got a flawless W last night with Overeem,opponent had Black Beast he was only able to throw 2 punches that i blocked then countered which led to a 32sec finish.

Once he hit the ground you bet your ass i ran up on him and gave him no chance to recover...Most button mashing eva!

46173.jpg

Would blocking a punch still officially be counted as a landed strike?

Just realized i pretty much got a flawless W last night with Overeem,opponent had Black Beast he was only able to throw 2 punches that i blocked then countered which led to a 32sec finish.

Once he hit the ground you bet your ass i ran up on him and gave him no chance to recover...Most button mashing eva!

46173.jpg

Nope, if you block it than it does not count as landed.

I just had the most rewarding win, got knocked down 8 times, the dude was taunting me instead of finishing. With less than a minute left I head kick rocked him and caught him with an uppercut when he shot for the TD. Cleanest walk off K.O. I have had.

Nope, if you block it than it does not count as landed.

I just had the most rewarding win, got knocked down 8 times, the dude was taunting me instead of finishing. With less than a minute left I head kick rocked him and caught him with an uppercut when he shot for the TD. Cleanest walk off K.O. I have had.

Hells yeah nice win.

That guy was pissed for sure.lol

Back