EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I am LOVING the 1 stage submission..I am VERY confident in advancing pretty damn far in this tournament

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...-lhw-tournament-for-ps4-9-slots-open.3728029/

Main.jpg

http://forums.sherdog.com/threads/i...-lhw-tournament-for-ps4-9-slots-open.3728029/

Who has them and what are they? Still need to step up my sub game lol this is basically a kickboxing game these days.

I did try the mighty wiz bar like 10 times in one fight and the gates seemd to take forever to show up even though he was totally gassed.

I notice no different with this patch outside the fact that Dana White is one of the best strikers at 205. Until the put a stamina tax on excessive head movement, make jabs useful, and reduce the power on these uppercuts these game is still shit

Who has them and what are they? Still need to step up my sub game lol this is basically a kickboxing game these days.

I did try the mighty wiz bar like 10 times in one fight and the gates seemd to take forever to show up even though he was totally gassed.

I've done them with pretty much everyone I use. You do them when you stun an opponent and they fall. Instead of finishing them with strikes if you move R3 either left or right you will then attempt a submission that only takes one gate to complete. I'm having a hard time loading videos to YouTube at the moment, as soon as I fix this problem, I will share.

I've done them with pretty much everyone I use. You do them when you stun an opponent and they fall. Instead of finishing them with strikes if you move R3 either left or right you will then attempt a submission that only takes one gate to complete. I'm having a hard time loading videos to YouTube at the moment, as soon as I fix this problem, I will share.

Ohhhh yeah I have seen those in thought you meant others.

I always forget to try the counter subs, though I did pull one off when I was in the Sprawl against the cage animation

Im going to pick this up again, was on a long hiatus. Is the game better since the patches?

Im going to pick this up again, was on a long hiatus. Is the game better since the patches?

A little bit, yes.

People who are very good at sway and pray are still pretty effective with that strat, but outside fighting is more feasible now. Watch ZombieRommels short video for help - use the back lunge a lot against those guys and don't give them the easy counters they want and they are beatable.

Duck/uppercut damage has been toned down, though it's still the most common strategy and still very powerful, and will be toned down more next patch.

There is VERY little grappling in ranked now that stats matter a little less and you can't just pick GSP or Khabib and rely on stats to win. Takedowns are very difficult, you have to get the single collar if you want to grapple at all as everything else is very easy to stuff. Hard to hold anyone down unless you're a very skilled grappler.

I am still playing and having fun. It's not perfect and there is still some cheese but there has been some progress IMO

wow, the back lunge just worked fucking wonders for me against a Ngannou user who usually would have beaten me most likely. I like Volkov at HW and just needed 2 back lunge - straights to put him away pretty quick. I like it.

How is it possible to get out of the clinch against someone who's good at it who's also using someone with good clinch stats? Like usually if I block their strike I can break or transition and get out of the thai but this fight I just had I blocked their strike 4 times and tried to break each time immediately and they blocked it. Fucking trash.

I am getting better at punishing head movement. A lot of first round Knock outs against sway/duckers. I stay patient and find their rhythm while throwing leg kicks and I can usually get in a groove and start hitting every movement with a counter

How is it possible to get out of the clinch against someone who's good at it who's also using someone with good clinch stats? Like usually if I block their strike I can break or transition and get out of the thai but this fight I just had I blocked their strike 4 times and tried to break each time immediately and they blocked it. Fucking trash.

clinch sucks right now. Too easy to get and too many annoying ways to abuse it.

In that situation, just fake a transition to the left or right, then go for the break. If you always go for the break right away, your opponent will figure that out and will deny it easily.

This game is amazing when you get two people who actually fight like MMA fighters. I have had some amazing fights where I wasn't even upset that I lost because it was so much fun.

Stamina needs to make more of a difference when someone walks forward throwing looping hooks and uppercuts.I will counter,use movement or even takedowns for 5 rounds and I will just get dropped by Lawler or similar who wont even gas.

Takedowns are virtually impossible to shoot for. I will try to time a takedown for a missed strike and somehow still get sprawled on. This is especially funny with high kicks as the animation gets confused.

I am sick of rage quitters. I have maybe 5 subs when I should have nearly 20-30. They need to give a 100 point penalty for DNF fighters leaving when in a locked in sub. Not sure if that is possible.

Are the people with lag doing it on purpose ? I just find it weird and it really throws my fight style off. They all use the safe long looping punches to counter my delayed strikes . It just seems like they are employing a specific strategy to win haha.

Back to my first sentence, the game can be amazing with some more patches. Overall 7/10 and a definite striking improvement.

has anyone put much time into ultimate team? I tried it when the game first game out but it seemed so awful compared to the last game, which I thought was pretty fun.

First time I felt the side saddle OP spam first hand today. I think I'm honestly done with these games until they go back to the ground game of thq which was significantly better in every way possible and was much more logical and made much more sense. EA has had how many years and this is the best they can give us? This ground game and clinch game is an actual mockery of what real fighting is.

Swaying all fight with 0 cardio loss, side saddle that isn't reality, heavyweights throwing 200 strikes in the first round and coming out full cardio isn't reality, body shots doing a piss poor amount of damage isn't reality. Every fighter is gorilla on top that is capable of destroying your block to nothing within a few strikes on top,,but your block can take 300 (LOL) strikes in a round standing that doesn't affect your block health at all.. this game just makes 0 sense.

Honestly, any fighter that throws 200 strikes in a round should be gassed, people should be throwing 50-60 strikes a round and have to pick them. I don't see why they can't do this, it's reality, I don't want to play an arcade spam fest that isn't even close to what fighting is. You don't lose cardio health for missing or getting a bunch of your strikes blocked, but fuck me if someone ducks under your head kick and your guy isn't gassed sucking for air like DADA 5000 in the 3rd round and you lose a significant amount of your cardio health.

New update is solid. I hit a 20 fight win streak. Got into the 1500's on my rating for the first time all season. They seemed to make the punches off the head movement about the same as the counters. So there are less one punch rocks and the reads on counters are much more effective.

This update made all my work learning to counter head movement worth it. I dont have to guess every dice roll perfect.

I am getting better at punishing head movement. A lot of first round Knock outs against sway/duckers. I stay patient and find their rhythm while throwing leg kicks and I can usually get in a groove and start hitting every movement with a counter

like someone said, fake left or right, then go for break.
or fake left then go right. get to double under or thai, then you can break without worry of being blocked.

also, if you block a clinch strike, throw a strike of your own before attempting to transition.

This game is amazing when you get two people who actually fight like MMA fighters. I have had some amazing fights where I wasn't even upset that I lost because it was so much fun.

Stamina needs to make more of a difference when someone walks forward throwing looping hooks and uppercuts.I will counter,use movement or even takedowns for 5 rounds and I will just get dropped by Lawler or similar who wont even gas.

Takedowns are virtually impossible to shoot for. I will try to time a takedown for a missed strike and somehow still get sprawled on. This is especially funny with high kicks as the animation gets confused.

I am sick of rage quitters. I have maybe 5 subs when I should have nearly 20-30. They need to give a 100 point penalty for DNF fighters leaving when in a locked in sub. Not sure if that is possible.

Are the people with lag doing it on purpose ? I just find it weird and it really throws my fight style off. They all use the safe long looping punches to counter my delayed strikes . It just seems like they are employing a specific strategy to win haha.

Back to my first sentence, the game can be amazing with some more patches. Overall 7/10 and a definite striking improvement.

if a player quits during a submission or right after, it should be programmed in to be an automatic sub-loss or a DQ loss.

also, i think it would be cool if when you are facing other players in ranked it showed you the actual players Win/Loss record and their Win/Loss record for the particular fighter they are using.

has anyone put much time into ultimate team? I tried it when the game first game out but it seemed so awful compared to the last game, which I thought was pretty fun.

I don't like how you can no longer build a fighter from the ground up and you can only have fighters from cards from packs. It's annoying how they all have pre determined stats/move slots/styles which can't be altered. You have to grind opening tons of packs to get a decent fighter card you can use. You can pretty much forget using a created fighter cause the stats you get for them are usually terrible.

You can't grind to create a beast like you could in UFC 2. Also the moves you get from packs are generally pretty bad and less generous than UFC 2. You have to open tons and tons to get a gold move or gold fighters. I've had like 200 fights and only had two gold fighters from packs, probably to encourage micro transactions I guess which sucks.

I don't like how you can no longer build a fighter from the ground up and you can only have fighters from cards from packs. It's annoying how they all have pre determined stats/move slots/styles which can't be altered. You have to grind opening tons of packs to get a decent fighter card you can use. You can pretty much forget using a created fighter cause the stats you get for them are usually terrible.

You can't grind to create a beast like you could in UFC 2. Also the moves you get from packs are generally pretty bad and less generous than UFC 2. You have to open tons and tons to get a gold move or gold fighters. I've had like 200 fights and only had two gold fighters from packs, probably to encourage micro transactions I guess which sucks.
yeah thats the sense I got from trying it when the game first game out. Didnt know if I was missing something...fucking awful, I have to assume WAY fewer people are playing it than did in UFC 2, UFC 2 made the mode fun. I liked making ridiculous looking CAF with stupid names, building them up to be pretty good and fighting other stupid CAF's.

like someone said, fake left or right, then go for break.
or fake left then go right. get to double under or thai, then you can break without worry of being blocked.

also, if you block a clinch strike, throw a strike of your own before attempting to transition.

if a player quits during a submission or right after, it should be programmed in to be an automatic sub-loss or a DQ loss.

also, i think it would be cool if when you are facing other players in ranked it showed you the actual players Win/Loss record and their Win/Loss record for the particular fighter they are using.

I would really like to be able to go into their win/loss record after fights and see the DNF. You probably can but I have never found out how

At what point can you go up a division online? What does your rating have to be?

Also, can anyone tell me what the purpose is for using specific fighters that have a countdown clock attached on the ranked menu? Do you get more points using them after a win or something?

Back