EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Some problems I am having right now:
Uppercut spam. I like to throw uppercuts after I duck/weave, but this 1-2 uppercut combo. Uppercut from left and right. It is almost impossible to counter and get any good offense from it.

Stamina: I appreciate that stamina is not unlimited and really difficult to keep. But after getting rocked around two times, your stamina bar is almost half way. It is crazy. In one round you can have little-to-no stamina .

Another thing: when guys don't stop coming forward and don't come close to gassing. I hit them in the body; rock them; stagger them. But nothing. Their stamina is fine and continue what they're doing. Even landing good counters is almost non-effective.

Another thing: when guys don't stop coming forward and don't come close to gassing. I hit them in the body; rock them; stagger them. But nothing. Their stamina is fine and continue what they're doing. Even landing good counters is almost non-effective.
That’s what I’m seeing, this super high pressure sway punching style is apparently energy efficient!

Uppercut spam. I like to throw uppercuts after I duck/weave, but this 1-2 uppercut combo. Uppercut from left and right. It is almost impossible to counter and get any good offense from it.

Stamina: I appreciate that stamina is not unlimited and really difficult to keep. But after getting rocked around two times, your stamina bar is almost half way. It is crazy. In one round you can have little-to-no stamina .

The stamina drain from being rocked is ridiculous. If you get caught early in the first round you may as well give up because you have no chance of winning.

Also knees from the clinch are waaaay underpowered. I kneed someone from the thai clinch literally about 5 or 6 times and he was rocked each time but didn't go down, then he elbowed me once (we both had barely any stamina) and I was KO'd. It's like a complete opposite of UFC 2.

Also knees from the clinch are waaaay underpowered. I kneed someone from the thai clinch literally about 5 or 6 times and he was rocked each time but didn't go down, then he elbowed me once (we both had barely any stamina) and I was KO'd. It's like a complete opposite of UFC 2.

Yeah I don't even like the clinch in MMA games but the current state of the thai clinch is absurd. What is the point of even using it? At least have it be a real rock that gives you the chance to do some damage while they are hurt. The weird 2 second rock is pointless and just gives a free pass out of the clinch. Maybe you can land 1 free body shot while they block their head, but long term it doesn't do much at all.

The problem with this game is the effectiveness of sways and uppercuts. When was the last time we saw a fighter sway for 15 minutes throwing uppercuts? Or throwing 4 hooks in a row?

Yeah, stamina is broken. It's one thing if it was actually tough getting a rock.. but you can just sway and hook or uppercut and eventually you will get one. I've never not had a rock happen in the 1st round..

Is Mike Tyson not in this game because they wanted Ngannou to be the heaviest hitter?? Also I don't get why we have Mark Coleman at HW but not Vitor. Both guys pretty much fought at HW in the same time in the same era. No Whittaker at WW etc... but they can give us Bruce Lee in 3 different fucking weight classes. Lol

Roster priorities on point, I was honestly shocked to see Frankie at LW. We also need Curtis Blaydes amd Tai Tuivasa at HW.

Yea this game is dead. Barely 7k people on PS4. Every fight has major input delay/lag and people exploiting the usual cheap shit. Fuck EA. Never seen a company ruin so many franchise like this company. Every single thing they’ve touched this decade has gone to shut

Is Mike Tyson not in this game because they wanted Ngannou to be the heaviest hitter?? Also I don't get why we have Mark Coleman at HW but not Vitor. Both guys pretty much fought at HW in the same time in the same era. No Whittaker at WW etc... but they can give us Bruce Lee in 3 different fucking weight classes. Lol

Roster priorities on point, I was honestly shocked to see Frankie at LW. We also need Curtis Blaydes amd Tai Tuivasa at HW.

Yea and let’s put BJ penn at LHW too<mma3>

No but seriously the details like fighter appearance and weight classes just shows a lack of care during the dev process

Fuck this game up its stupid ass. For the past week it's been near impossible to load ranked matches for some reason, and when I finally do get through I'm constantly matched up against champs using cheap spamming tactics. I went from being above average to losing almost every fight within a space of a week. Not to mention that toxic community of players sending messages after matches.

Once Sea Of Thieves and Far Cry 5 are released, I'm out.

Yea this game is dead. Barely 7k people on PS4. Every fight has major input delay/lag and people exploiting the usual cheap shit. Fuck EA. Never seen a company ruin so many franchise like this company. Every single thing they’ve touched this decade has gone to shut

7k? I've never seen it past 4k on Xbox, it usually sits in the 1500 2200 territory

Started using lunges a lot more and it has been very effective. Especially the back lunge or double lunge. The amount of stamina it costs your opponent for missing strikes that you evade is nuts. Had one of the many Conor head movement spammers down to under half stamina in the first round just by engaging and then lunging away from his counters lol. It's very effective against the guys fishing for slips because they get a double stamina tax... one for missing a slip strike and one for getting evaded. You will get clipped occasionally but for the most part this is the way to deal with the phone booth guys.

I started doing it the last couple days, then saw this vid earlier which confirms it and breaks it down - good stuff

Started using lunges a lot more and it has been very effective. Especially the back lunge or double lunge. The amount of stamina it costs your opponent for missing strikes that you evade is nuts. Had one of the many Conor head movement spammers down to under half stamina in the first round just by engaging and then lunging away from his counters lol. It's very effective against the guys fishing for slips because they get a double stamina tax... one for missing a slip strike and one for getting evaded. You will get clipped occasionally but for the most part this is the way to deal with the phone booth guys.

I started doing it the last couple days, then saw this vid earlier which confirms it and breaks it down - good stuff

Yeah that video is solid, basically how I have been dealing with it. The tip not to load up combos helped me a lot. Ig I throw one at a time they dont rock me as often when they magically strike through my counter. Zombie Rommel is one of the better strategy guys. I used to talk through a lot of ea mma and ufc 1 stuff with him

Thanks, that really helped me. I already did the distance management, making them miss (this was my best style to fight in EA UFC 2, so it comes pretty easy), but sticking to single power shots really helped me last night. Think I won 10 in a row, some of them to heavy cheesers.

Thanks, that really helped me. I already did the distance management, making them miss (this was my best style to fight in EA UFC 2, so it comes pretty easy), but sticking to single power shots really helped me last night. Think I won 10 in a row, some of them to heavy cheesers.

Yeah I have gotten some hate mail lol.... the lamest trash talker ever who used Cody vs me using Mighty Mouse. I was darting away from his sway spam all fight and finished him with 10 seconds left in the 5th round. His attempt at trash talk...

"I was going to say good fight... but you are so lame"
"Why because I knocked you down and choked you out?"
"No you're just lame."
"Ok sorry for kicking your ass and hurting your feelings I guess."

Dana White in the game now but still no Mike Perry

Back