EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

I dominated the beta. I can't seem to get combos to flow at alll

They've changed the total freedom striking from the beta to where only the combos assigned to a certain character (each has unique preset combos assigned) are the fast,fluids ones, the rest are slow & clunky.

As usual, another incomplete game released to the masses @ premium finished product price.

They've changed the total freedom striking from the beta to where only the combos assigned to a certain character (each has unique preset combos assigned) are the fast,fluids ones, the rest are slow & clunky.

As usual, another incomplete game released to the masses @ premium finished product price.
that's stupid that's street fighter type shit the UFC games back on the dreamcast and PS2 had that shit. there's no reason a game during this gen of gaming consoles should be held back due to twats locking shit to certain button in puts or it gets clunky.

This was in the beta too FYI. It has to do with a characters skillset, there are 5 tiers of striking for boxing/kickboxing/muay thai and some other shit, and the combos will connect together better. I dont know the exact details but they did not sudddenly at this to the game, it was already there.

I honestly dont mind it and I feel it works quite well. You can stick to single strikes or you can use a combination that you know works with your character, and it will flow better. Your opponent is going to be able to block it but he cant just strike back while he is getting hit. Makes sense to me.

They nerfed the jab bodykick cheese which was the only one I had problems with. The rest of them, IMO, are perfectly fine and easy to deal with.

Damage needs to be readjusted. Other then that it's the best ufc game yet. Hated the new striking layout in the beta. Really enjoying it now. Judging logic could use an overhaul.

Man I can barely function with the full game. It's weird. I dont know what it is. I feel like I'm playing in mud compared to the beta.

I'm a hair over .500 online. I dominated the beta. I can't seem to get combos to flow at all.

I can't seem to block a damn transition despite getting really proficient at the ground game the last few weeks in UFC 2.

Just feels very unresponsive online.

I got some practice to do.

I'm just absolutely shit at grappling now. I don't know what it is. They put through a tuner update last night which I hope helps, but when I got a DC on top of me, I will never get up again. I guess that is realistic, but I will have to resort to wrestlers now for online. Too bad.

I can strike with non-strikers easily but I cant do shit with anything but a top tier grappler. Lol.

Did they get rid of all the cool legends like Bas, and Sakuraba???

I was wondering why the striking felt so sluggish and restricted in the EA trial in comparison to the beta. Shit was super annoying. The beta was so much fun and the full game is just people swarming you in a phone booth spamming hooks non stop with no penalty

Yep.. ridiculous.
smh im definitely gonna wait on getting this game. The reviews have been average so far. I played the beta and thought it was ok but the legends is a huge selling point for me.

I was wondering why the striking felt so sluggish and restricted in the EA trial in comparison to the beta. Shit was super annoying. The beta was so much fun and the full game is just people swarming you in a phone booth spamming hooks non stop with nonpen

Legkick TKO'd in the first round by DC. Why? Because his speed/power in his hands transfers to his kicks. Dumb shit.

Legkick TKO'd in the first round by DC. Why? Because his speed/power in his hands transfers to his kicks. Dumb shit.
That is nearly unforgivable of them to combine Speed/Power to both Hands/Kicks. Makes absolutely no sense.

Did they ever explain why they did this?

There is no way someone like Rampage should have strong kicks simply because he has power in his hands.

This was in the beta too FYI. It has to do with a characters skillset, there are 5 tiers of striking for boxing/kickboxing/muay thai and some other shit, and the combos will connect together better. I dont know the exact details but they did not sudddenly at this to the game, it was already there.

I honestly dont mind it and I feel it works quite well. You can stick to single strikes or you can use a combination that you know works with your character, and it will flow better. Your opponent is going to be able to block it but he cant just strike back while he is getting hit. Makes sense to me.

They nerfed the jab bodykick cheese which was the only one I had problems with. The rest of them, IMO, are perfectly fine and easy to deal with.

I dont like that strikes preload. That makes it feel like street fighter/mortal kombat for me. I want it to react in real time to the button I push. I hate walking into an exchange, pressing 6 buttons and then waiting to see who wins the animation battle.

The combos are devastating too, the 4-5 hit combos cause a health event every time. I worry that as people get good we will be seeing 10+ rocks every fight. It is so hard to finish people this year but so easy to rock them. Hopefully they tune that in a patch but i am doubtful as the dev on the forums always talks about getting rocked as this great feature. It is like they think Kongo vs Barry is the mma experience gamers want.

I'm just absolutely shit at grappling now. I don't know what it is. They put through a tuner update last night which I hope helps, but when I got a DC on top of me, I will never get up again. I guess that is realistic, but I will have to resort to wrestlers now for online. Too bad.

I can strike with non-strikers easily but I cant do shit with anything but a top tier grappler. Lol.
There is almost no time to react to transitions. I have a lot of work to do on the ground.

I dont like that strikes preload. .
I think this might be my problem. I didnt notice it much in the beta, but I notice it big time now. Input lags behind, and I wind up queuing up more strikes than I intended, or wind up cancel them with my block input, and it's a real struggle. haha. I'll get there though.

I have to remember that I had the beta for a bit, but the end i was flowing. Its only been 2 days for me here.

I think this might be my problem. I didnt notice it much in the beta, but I notice it big time now. Input lags behind, and I wind up queuing up more strikes than I intended, or wind up cancel them with my block input, and it's a real struggle. haha. I'll get there though.

I have to remember that I had the beta for a bit, but the end i was flowing. Its only been 2 days for me here.

Yeah it flows okay as you adjust but it will always feel a little off. You have to throw the whole combo and hope they dont block. If it was real time and they blocked one I would go to the body or at least save my energy and not throw the other 3 punches that are clearly going to get blocked.

They think we cant handle reading striking and swaying real time but expect us to have a 3 frame reaction time to ground transitions.

There is almost no time to react to transitions. I have a lot of work to do on the ground.

Does anyone here have any insight into how the good grapplers deny everything? I can deny okay but it is all prediction rather than reaction and they still slide past half the time when I get the right direction. How do people seem to get the right timing and direction like 90% of the time. Is there something I am missing? The window seems to small for them to just be reacting to the animation.

When you knock somebody down and you try to follow up with GnP (from the guard or half guard position)...the punches just happen to be in slow motion...
Hitting the buttons like 6 times for like 3 super slow punches???
WTF is this shit???

Noticed that too, supposed to hold someone in sidecontrol for 25 seconds, mission impossible.

played the career mode for 2 hours, its wayyyyy better then UFC2.

Here are some highlights from ranked using mighty mouse at bantamweight....

>

Back