EA UFC 3, v2: Official Release Thread (12:00am EST 01/30 for Pre-Orders)

Wow they got Stevie fuckin wonder judging fights two fights I won Clear 29-28 if not 30-27 two fights in a row both split decisions one win one loss fucking horse shit only time I ever even lose at this game is still when I clearly win

This!!!

The judging in this game is questionable at best...many times I've won the first two rounds but gotten rocked the last round and lost...

I just made my first opponent quit (Sergio Pettis) against me (Cejudo), I kept taking him down and hitting him from half-guard... then I got ktfo by Nurmagomedov in a striking battle with Barboza lol.

I just made my first opponent quit (Sergio Pettis) against me (Cejudo), I kept taking him down and hitting him from half-guard... then I got ktfo by Nurmagomedov in a striking battle with Barboza lol.

You played featherweight and they didn't pick mighty mouse?!

This!!!

The judging in this game is questionable at best...many times I've won the first two rounds but gotten rocked the last round and lost...

Are you subbing fools?

I won a couple hundred fights by sub in the last game probably.... this one I have 2 sub wins and 1 sub loss out of 100 fights lol. On the rare occasion I want to grapple I have a very hard time getting TDs against good players, the clinch is a little more effective then shooting though

Are you subbing fools?

I won a couple hundred fights by sub in the last game probably.... this one I have 2 sub wins and 1 sub loss out of 100 fights lol. On the rare occasion I want to grapple I have a very hard time getting TDs against good players, the clinch is a little more effective then shooting though

I'm subbing fools on the stool with these hands they get so mad they quit between rounds

Overall I am having fun. I'm not that good but I can usually see why I lost. Some of my main complaints..

- It is still completely pointless to pick lower rated fighters. You just won't be able to overcome the stats unless there is a massive skill difference, it's most noticeable with the stamina. There have been some exceptions here and there, I was able to outbox a diaz with bobby green, but he just sucked. One title fight I had korean zombie and he had Holloway and my stamina just drained so much faster even though I worked the body more than he did and felt a little more skilled, but by late in the fight the stamina was just too much to overcome. On the flip side I almost feel bad when I pick someone good and my opponent picks someone lower ranked. I fought a Yancy Medieros yesterday and the guy was pretty damn good, but I had Alvarez so because of my stamina I knew inevitably I would have a massive advantage late in the fight... so even though I probably would have lost with evenly matched fighters, I wrecked him with stats. I wish we could see who our opponents picked before the fight.

- Still annoyed at how many rocks it takes to KO someone. There have been a few fights recently where I am absolutely tearing up the body and head rocking them 10+ times and they still survive to decision. I need to work on breaking the block I guess, but it feels shitty to have to throw specific combos to break the block. They should just accumulate arm damage if I'm bombing on them while they are covering up and rocked.

- Roster sucks.

- Jabs and straights felt great in the beta, but feel significantly less useful now. If someone spams uppercuts while I'm trying to fight outside it seems like they are given a counter even if I am not leaning in. I like the uppercut as a counter to body shots, TDs, overhands... but it feels like it counters straight punches right now, jab doesn't feel quite effective enough to me. some fighters with good boxing can be very effective with the double jab though which feels pretty good when it works.

Yea @WalkenWouldOwn they really fucked the striking from the beta. I get so many KO's with the slip uppercut and it doesn't feel as though well timed punches matter as much.

Funny story, I fought a guy last night who started bitching about the striking. When I told him it's because you can punch from all angles moving back and forwards and footwork and distance matter not binging up the combo multiplier with unrealistic combos anymore he got angry and said that's not what fighting is about..

Yea @WalkenWouldOwn they really fucked the striking from the beta. I get so many KO's with the slip uppercut and it doesn't feel as though well timed punches matter as much.

Funny story, I fought a guy last night who started bitching about the striking. When I told him it's because you can punch from all angles moving back and forwards and footwork and distance matter not binging up the combo multiplier with unrealistic combos anymore he got angry and said that's not what fighting is about..

Yes agreed. I dominated in the beta but I guess the changes they made just made my style less effective. I think just the absurd amount of strikes it takes to KO someone is the biggest thing. I bet they will make the block less like armor in the next patch, and tone down stamina I'm hoping. It's frustrating because I WANT stamina to play a major factor.... Undisputed simulation mode was great like that. But right now it takes 1000 shots to actually hurt you to the body, but you can take big chunks of stamina away, feels a little silly. I get that body work will tire your opponent out but something just feels off about it.

The only hate mail i've gotten so far is one guy who was spamming uppercuts so I clinched him and he didn't know how do grapple so he sent me messages crying that I clinched.

Yes agreed. I dominated in the beta but I guess the changes they made just made my style less effective. I think just the absurd amount of strikes it takes to KO someone is the biggest thing. I bet they will make the block less like armor in the next patch, and tone down stamina I'm hoping. It's frustrating because I WANT stamina to play a major factor.... Undisputed simulation mode was great like that. But right now it takes 1000 shots to actually hurt you to the body, but you can take big chunks of stamina away, feels a little silly. I get that body work will tire your opponent out but something just feels off about it.

The only hate mail i've gotten so far is one guy who was spamming uppercuts so I clinched him and he didn't know how do grapple so he sent me messages crying that I clinched.

Yea they need to bring back the one hit KO.. everything stamina related needs at least 100% tax on what it is already. My friend was over last night and he said it's ridiculous how fast you can throw when you have no stamina too and still maintain lots of power just from watching me play.

Yea they need to bring back the one hit KO.. everything stamina related needs at least 100% tax on what it is already. My friend was over last night and he said it's ridiculous how fast you can throw when you have no stamina too and still maintain lots of power just from watching me play.

It seems like every single year the beta has things like leg kick KO's being a real possibility, well timed 1 shot knockouts.... things that make it feel more realistic. Then every single time they patch it out. Do you think it's just the top ranked players who don't like losing to 1 shot KO's and want it to be less like a sport and more like a fighting game? I always get my hopes up that it might actually feel like MMA, then they change shit lol

@WalkenWouldOwn I don't have that many sub Ws I guess I am partial to learning the stand up and then using GnP to wear you down (since now that fatigue carries over into the stand up) You can totally fuck someone's block up on the ground....I am also having alot of fun in the lower classes (especially women's bantamweight as I use Juliana Peña and have no worry of a mirror match ever as EVERYONE seems to love Amanda Nunes)

Gutted there is no Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Mirkwood Crocop or Frank Mir

Also. I played as BJ Penn and stats showed he was 32 years old?

Edit: lightweight Penn is 32, his stats should be higher then the FW Penn though!

Gutted there is no Chuck Liddell, Wanderlei Silva, Mirkwood Crocop or Frank Mir

Also. I played as BJ Penn and stats showed he was 32 years old?

Edit: lightweight Penn is 32, his stats should be higher then the FW Penn though!

Chuck is in

They really need to have an online guide/controller map for fighter combos being they're unique to different fighters. I know you can view them via "practice mode" but being I only play un-ranked online & use a variety of fighters. I can't see my self practicing w/ so many different fighters to learn them. I miss the days when games came w/ in-depth booklets/guides.

So far the game's just really unpolished & a disappointment for me.

Props to EAS for beating me out of $60+ lol.

So sometimes there is a TD animation where the guy basically warps halfway across the cage and the TD is completed immediately. Does anyone know how to do this? It seem so random. All my shots even while using a good grappler feel super slow and telegraphed because it doesn't blend with striking.... but once a while my opponent will be at range then suddenly be in on my hips with super speed and I don't even get a denial window.

They've completely destroyed this game.

So sometimes there is a TD animation where the guy basically warps halfway across the cage and the TD is completed immediately. Does anyone know how to do this? It seem so random. All my shots even while using a good grappler feel super slow and telegraphed because it doesn't blend with striking.... but once a while my opponent will be at range then suddenly be in on my hips with super speed and I don't even get a denial window.

This happened to me. I was DJ going against Cruz. Match was real laggy but close. In the third, he shot a TD from at least 2 ft out. Totally telegraphed and not set up. I immediately press the deny input on instinct. I kid you not, this guy fell well short at my feet but I magically got sucked into him for not just a normal single/double, but a BS power slam. I was so heated. But glad to know this is probably some bug.

This happened to me. I was DJ going against Cruz. Match was real laggy but close. In the third, he shot a TD from at least 2 ft out. Totally telegraphed and not set up. I immediately press the deny input on instinct. I kid you not, this guy fell well short at my feet but I magically got sucked into him for not just a normal single/double, but a BS power slam. I was so heated. But glad to know this is probably some bug.

Yeah i've seen it multiple times, just not sure what triggers it. I mean there are times I will shoot a TD after my opponent misses a kick and has no stamina and they can stuff it with ease but then there are times a shot looks like it's in fast forward

Back